Obama tweet

bigkat

Barack Obama
@BarackObama

As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.

A day after 17 children and 2 adults are murdered. Barack Obama remembers the great man, George Floyd.
Obama .. not surprising, is George Floyd the one that could have been his son? something tells me if Floyd would have not resisted arrest then was killed by a cop that go put in jail..... he probably wouldn't be alive today, no matter how much some people thought he was a good person..

Irwin20

Would’ve been much better to just leave out the part of the Uvalde shooting. Combining both is belittling the shooting.
Right. That’s the point I was trying to make. However the homage to Floyd I mean really?

utsherman

Whether you agree with the substance of the tweet or not, Sleepy Joe signed an EO today relating to police reform stemming from Floyd’s death. So it shouldn’t be some big mystery why he addressed it today. ?‍♂️

zeeman

Whether you agree with the substance of the tweet or not, Sleepy Joe signed an EO today relating to police reform stemming from Floyd’s death. So it shouldn’t be some big mystery why he addressed it today. ?‍♂️
So he’s basically timing stupid? Good to know

Zunardo

The big mystery is why he chose to conflate George Floyd with Uvalde, since the two are completely unrelated. Fish82 is correct, Obama is usually not that tacky. Stay classy, Prez.

utsherman

The big mystery is why he chose to conflate George Floyd with Uvalde, since the two are completely unrelated. Fish82 is correct, Obama is usually not that tacky. Stay classy, Prez.
I don’t disagree. Nor did I endorse. Just providing context, regardless of the bad look.

thisisinsane

Separate Tweets??‍♂️? Or is that just too much effort for his media team? Lazy for the former “great” President.

Then maybe they could’ve included the reason for mentioning The Messiah himself George Floyd, tactfully (if that’s possible).

I enjoy wrestling

The Professor from Chicago University taught the class. BO

"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. "
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. "

utsherman

Separate Tweets??‍♂️? Or is that just too much effort for his media team? Lazy for the former “great” President.

Then maybe they could’ve included the reason for mentioning The Messiah himself George Floyd, tactfully (if that’s possible).
Yup. Definitely an odd way to conflate messaging, combined with awful timing. Separate Tweets for sure.

bigkat

thats funny.... biggest reform that should be drilled into thugs head.... DO NOT RESIST ARREST.....

bigkat

George Floyd is the greatest black man in history. It's appropriate for Obama to pay his respects and acknowledge the GOAT
BESIDE THAT HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE DIED anyways that day, as much drugs he had in his body, and if he hadn't just a feeling that thug would not have made it to to todays date

D4fan

Obama .. not surprising, is George Floyd the one that could have been his son? something tells me if Floyd would have not resisted arrest then was killed by a cop that go put in jail..... he probably wouldn't be alive today, no matter how much some people thought he was a good person..
No, Trayvon Martin was the one he said " if I had a son , he would look like Trayvon".

bigkat

No, Trayvon Martin was the one he said " if I had a son , he would look like Trayvon".
so because of this , did Obama call for a couple of dudes to meet up and drink a beer....or am I STUPIDLY thinking of a different event...

cabezadecaballo

Would’ve been much better to just leave out the part of the Uvalde shooting. Combining both is belittling the shooting.
He had to smear some extra “black victimhood” on the situation.

A few women might be having a better life now, with George Floyd dead. They are not part of the Obama agenda, though, so they don’t matter.

cabezadecaballo

George Floyd was a scumbag.

Omar

BESIDE THAT HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE DIED anyways that day, as much drugs he had in his body, and if he hadn't just a feeling that thug would not have made it to to todays date
I’m not going to build up Floyd as a saint, but Chauvin was grossly negligent during the arrest. I don’t think I would’ve given him the sentence he got, but he deserved to be charged with manslaughter.

bigkat

I’m not going to build up Floyd as a saint, but Chauvin was grossly negligent during the arrest. I don’t think I would’ve given him the sentence he got, but he deserved to be charged with manslaughter.
there is no doubt that the cop is guilty , but again....don't RESIST , AND HE would have lived another day, to put a whole bunch of drugs in his body...

D4fan

so because of this , did Obama call for a couple of dudes to meet up and drink a beer....or am I STUPIDLY thinking of a different event...
Your thinking of the 2009 "beer summit " held between Obama, a professor arrested for entering his own house and the arresting officer.