OATCCC Qualifying Meets

VFL

Does anyone know what the criteria is to be a qualifying meet for the Indoor Championships?
I don't see the UK meet which is traditionally one of the top meets or newer meets like Mt St Joe's. I would think that if a track is certified that it should count and as long as some of these meets last that they would want to spread out the teams to other locations.

lane4

I don't see the UK meet which is traditionally one of the top meets or newer meets like Mt St Joe's.

Is info on MSJ's HS meets posted anywhere? I checked the school site and couldnt find anything(though may well have not been looking in the right place)

madman

Is info on MSJ's HS meets posted anywhere? I checked the school site and couldnt find anything(though may well have not been looking in the right place)

Check the milesplit calendar:

1640059055226.png

Last edited:

galesxc

Lane4, I suspect you're looking for more info than currently posted on Milesplit... schedule/start time, fee structure, entry limits... In this case, it looks like you'll need to request entry since the Milesplit entry sequence is password protected. For this, I suggest contacting the coach(es), since the meet would most certainly be run by the T&F program; emails are accessible by link on either T&F roster page.

lane4

I suggest contacting the coach(es), since the meet would most certainly be run by the T&F program; emails are accessible by link on either T&F roster page.

Thanks. I scoured the site with no luck so you're probably right about contacting the MSJ coach for the time schedule and fees.

madman

Which gives me ZERO information(aside from dates). But thanks for being an (censored).
My apologies. It was one of those days where too many people were asking for things they could have found, or done, themselves. I didn't understand what you were looking for and assumed the worst..

So am I understanding it correctly that the UK meet (one of the top, if not THE top) indoor meet in this area each year. will not work as a qualfiier to the indoor state meet simply because they do not use milesplit as their entry platform? It's worked as a qualifier for years.

That seems like a rule just for the sake of having a rule.

Or am I misunderstanding?

galesxc

Is the previous UK meet now known as the Wildcat Track Classic? That seems to be only HS meet listed on KY Milesplit for Lexington. The UK Athletics site only posts meet info for the 2020 UK HS Invite. Entry for the Wildcat Track Classic is through KY Milesplit.

I believe that's a different meet that is open only to KY HS teams.

The meet director sent out information for the Kentucky High School Invitational on Feb. 19, 2022 (I've tried to attach a PDF of meet info below), but they use a platform called VBmeets.com for entries, which I interpret as a problem based on my reading of the OATCCC rules for a qualifying meet. It's a great meet that has traditionally drawn a lot of Ohio teams, so hopefully it can get added to the list.

Attachments

• 2022 KY HS INV MEET INFO.pdf
    213.9 KB · Views: 3

VFL

So am I understanding it correctly that the UK meet (one of the top, if not THE top) indoor meet in this area each year. will not work as a qualfiier to the indoor state meet simply because they do not use milesplit as their entry platform? It's worked as a qualifier for years.

That seems like a rule just for the sake of having a rule.

Or am I misunderstanding?
You are correct! I'm guessing that this is a result of the partnership/sponsorship between MileSplit and OATCCC. This helps MS get more meets using them, coaches registering through them, etc.
I understand that schools have already contacted the meet to request that they get approved and I have to think that something will get worked out!

galesxc

I believe that's a different meet that is open only to KY HS teams.

The meet director sent out information for the Kentucky High School Invitational on Feb. 19, 2022 (I've tried to attach a PDF of meet info below), but they use a platform called VBmeets.com for entries, which I interpret as a problem based on my reading of the OATCCC rules for a qualifying meet. It's a great meet that has traditionally drawn a lot of Ohio teams, so hopefully it can get added to the list.
Thank you. We've enjoyed competing in this meet in the past...