Oak Hills Football 2015

I think OH's offense will end up being pretty solid this year. The QB is young and Dreyer's offense probably isn't the easiest to get down. The kid has a good frame and a nice arm, plus can probably run a little. They need to mix in some more QB draws or something to let him use his legs more. He could end up being a really good QB by the time he is a senior...

The defense is just really really bad. The fact Elder's first string only played on half and scored 56 points is either a really good sign for Elder's offense or just a sign that OH defense is horrendous. I'm kinda thinking it's more a sign of how many weapons and how balanced Elder's offense is because I thought OH had some decent sized athletes out there.

their offense has more talent than you think........just b/c its d2 football doesn't mean there isn't talent. they have a qb that switched from his all-state wr position he played last year, 2 6'4 receivers, backfield returns from last season. they will give OH problems.

jtk
()

I'm not saying Harrison doesn't have talent, I'm saying they don't have the talent Elder has especially on offense. I think Oak Hills to not give up 56 in the first half this week is a safe bet.

it may be a safe bet, but i won't put anything on it.....that defense was flat out bad!

jtk
()

I think OH's offense will end up being pretty solid this year. The QB is young and Dreyer's offense probably isn't the easiest to get down. The kid has a good frame and a nice arm, plus can probably run a little. They need to mix in some more QB draws or something to let him use his legs more. He could end up being a really good QB by the time he is a senior...

The defense is just really really bad. The fact Elder's first string only played on half and scored 56 points is either a really good sign for Elder's offense or just a sign that OH defense is horrendous. I'm kinda thinking it's more a sign of how many weapons and how balanced Elder's offense is because I thought OH had some decent sized athletes out there.

Deshawn Lewis at RB/WR is a very good athlete. I think their Soph class is pretty decent, at least good enough to be above .500 by the time they're Seniors. And I think OH's Offense should be incredibly easy to learn, I didn't see them run more than 4 different plays (Bubble Screen, Quick Slant, Shallow Cross, QB Draw).

so you have the basics to their offense and what the qb's first look was. there is way more to the offense than 4 plays.

jtk
()

Elder's offense is good and has a lot of balance, but our defense was awful last week. Huge holes for the RBs to run through and WRs running wherever they wanted, basically untouched. We will score points though, which should be their saving grace as long as they limit turnovers. Maybe the D will be better without being on the field for an entire half like they were last week, but we'll have to wait and see. Personally I think Elder with their schedule is a 6-4 team that will struggle to stop people with that defense. Their fans are pretty excited about the offense after last week but I'm not sure why given our D was pretty bad.

Last edited:
i have a feeling you will see a lot of that from our defense.

hopefully we don't do bad things on special teams this often so the defense is in those situations again.

jtk
()

poor performance tonight especially after coming off a win. didn't attend the game, but from the looks, the defense is still not very good.

jtk
()

the swiss and limburger defense.

its a odd front.

just gave up 381 to waddell from loveland.

jtk
()

hopefully coach learns that you have to play some kind of defense in the gmc to be successful. you can have the best offense but if you can't stop anyone....good luck!

jtk
()

Nobody is using it as an excuse. I am asking a simple question. No need for any high horse attitude... Just wondering why they can't be somewhat competitive?

high horse attitude........everyone thinks b/c school has a lot of kids they should be good.

as i've mentioned before.....the bickering between the youth football doesn't work, daddy coaches doesn't work, not a committment to hiring former players as coaches doesn't help.

plus, when there are so many extra curriculars that the students can do other than play sports, that doesn't help.

also, parents need to let the coaches coach the team. if your kid isn't good enough to play, then accept that and move on. its ok to be part of a team atmosphere and not get in the game much if at all. there are far better lessons learned by just being involved in something.

jtk
()

And I agree with you on everyone of those aspects...

I know personally how the youth organization works which is why I no longer am part of any organization of OAK HILLS.

They do have athletes that should be able to compete but the mentality of the whole OH organization from top to bottom needs a can win, should win type attitude.

Being part of a TEAM, earning your playing time, learning the fundamentals then building that from the youth level teaches so much more giving a participation ribbon type stuff...

may be only chance for league win tonight......weather isn't going to play to their favor though.

jtk
()

I think they will have a better chance against Sycamore next week at home, but there could be a 2 game winning streak in there?? Who knows.

Its tough to win games when the offense is sooo one sided. They need to be able to have some sort of running game. Not good when Woycke is the leading rusher on the team. Unfortunately, there have not been many games were they were able to control the game so they have been falling back into the throwing game, but still would like to see the offense get less dependent on the passing game.

i don't disagree with you.....but the defense and lack of special teams is the real problem with them. ramsey is close to the leading rusher at elder

jtk
()

wear your pink tonight for the game. channel 5 will be there for the tailgate.

jtk
()

How have the crowds been? It seems that general school apathy might just be part of the problem, if the crowds are thin. It seems that OH only gets up for the Elder game. But I may be wrong as I don't go to the other games.

What a joke. 78 pts? Plus way too mant to's again! Hard to watch as an alum and not sure what will change!

jtk
()

that excuse is getting old.....more kids doesn't mean more/better players!

jtk
()

Jtk, have to disagree with you on that. It's a numbers thing. Look at the difference in SW wrestling and NE wrestling. Twice as many people in NE Ohio. Hence, they have better wrestling. Why? It's simple... averages. If you have 100 kids, you'll have 10 studs. 1,000 kids, you'll have 100 studs. Of course, you did hit on something. The culture has to be there. From top to bottom, a fb culture coupled with support between youth and high school programs.

Congrats on Dryer :Ohno: all offense, no defense. Look at where he came from. WB beat up on schools like Blan and Hillsboro and got smoked when they got to the first round of teams that had decent fb. Even IF OH got to the point of making a play off game, they'll get it handed to them because he refuses to focus on defense or maybe he just doesn't know how. Lol just get used to giving up massive points. At least it'll be exciting!

Right but the kids have to want to do the sport. And the kids at OH
Know football is too hard and dont want to commit themselves. Plus the numbers aren't there in high school b/c of the division between the youth programs and the kids that are on the teams dont play. Many little guys are turned off of football because the dont get into games. Very sad!

Btw, giving up 78 is terrible.

jtk
()