NWO Baseball Talk 2023

CC against Fremont Ross tomorrow at Mercy. Irish split the two against the Little Giants last year.

Ross beat a solid Whitmer team 10-6, dropped a game against SJJ 5-0.

Hoping for good weather. CC plays Clay Friday so it will be interesting to see who throws Wednesday.

Northview defeats Clay in five 12-1 with Boudreaux on the mound for the Eagles. Believe it was his first start of the season.

Northview defeats Clay in five 12-1 with Boudreaux on the mound for the Eagles. Believe it was his first start of the season.

Result wasn't good - but it is good to see he went 4 innings with 6 K's. Hopefully just working his arm back into game condition.

Since losing to Rossford 26-0. Lake has now beaten Otsego, Clyde, and Start while scoring 43 runs in those games. On the other end of Lemoyne, since beating Emmanuel 35-1, Northwood has scored a total of 4 runs against genoa and tc. . In fact, against teams with a pulse, northwood has scored 9 total runs in 5 games. All those transfers and open enrolled kids and still can surpass us in anything

Since losing to Rossford 26-0. Lake has now beaten Otsego, Clyde, and Start while scoring 43 runs in those games. On the other end of Lemoyne, since beating Emmanuel 35-1, Northwood has scored a total of 4 runs against genoa and tc. . In fact, against teams with a pulse, northwood has scored 9 total runs in 5 games. All those transfers and open enrolled kids and still can surpass us in anything

I think Northwood and Lake should combine districts ;).

CC pulls it out against Ross, 3-0. Markus throws a CG shutout with 13K's.

Ross's Braylon Schneider had a no-no going into the 6th before the Irish got three RBI's in a row. He had some nasty stuff, good mix of a high to mid 80s fastball with a dirty slider and curveball combo.

CC got rocked by Whitmer, while Clay fell to SJJ.

Titans threw Dukate against Clay, so I believe they will throw Mattimore against CC Wednesday with Markus on the mound.

CC has SJJ tomorrow, Defiance Thursday, SFS Friday. Absolute grinder.

CC bests SJJ 3-1. Clay with the 1-0 win over Whitmer in 11 innings (Jeez).

I’m going to be a broken record but it’s gonna be a dog fight for this league once again.

Well I think this is the closest to a halfway point we’ll get in the NLL. Some teams start their 2nd turn through league play today but I’ve noted the matchups we haven’t seen yet through 24 leagues games. So far only 3 league games have been decided by 10 of more runs, 16 games have been decided by 4 or less and 5 games by a single run.

NLL standings
Anthony Wayne 6-0
Northview 5–1
Perrysburg 4-2
Springfield 3-3
Maumee 2-4
Bowling Green 1-4
Southview 2-5 (played everyone once)
Napoleon 1-5

Yet to play
Perrysburg vs Anthony Wayne
Northview vs Maumee
Bowling Green vs Springfield & Napoleon

Well I think this is the closest to a halfway point we’ll get in the NLL. Some teams start their 2nd turn through league play today but I’ve noted the matchups we haven’t seen yet through 24 leagues games. So far only 3 league games have been decided by 10 of more runs, 16 games have been decided by 4 or less and 5 games by a single run.
Springfield has given both of the top 2 teams really tough games while beating Perrysburg as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they shook it up the second time around.

CC drops the midweek game to Defiance 2-1. Both teams scored a run in the first and Defiance didn't score another until the sixth inning of an error. Jimenez with the one-hitter CG. Sophomore Gardner for the Irish had a really solid outing and went the distance.

Would love to see these teams face off again in the district tournament.

David Jimenez threw his 4th career no hitter (2nd this season) and scored the only run of the game for Defiance, in a 1-0 win over Perrysburg yesterday. He broke a tie and now has the most no hitters in Defiance history.

Anthony Wayne draws the #1 seed in tourney play for D1. Full tournament draws to come Sunday.

Anyone got an eye on any of the other seedings for D1 or other divisions?

Updated NLL Standings
Anthony Wayne 9-0
Northview 7-2
Springfield 6-3
Perrysburg 4-4
Maumee 3-6
Southview 3-7
Bowling Green 2-6
Napoleon 2-8

Defiance pitchers’ hitless inning streak ends at 20 innings and 2 no-hitters, but they pick up a 2-1 win over the team to the east on a 7th inning error. Even with 3 hits given up today, that’s 7 hits given up in the last 7 games, if I counted correctly.

2 days, 2 no-hitters for Defiance (and four this season) as Bradyn Shaw gets his first career no-hitter, beating Bryan 10-0 in 5 innings.
Interesting, the Bryan announcers had 2 hits for Bryan. And Defiance scorers had only 1 error for Defiance.

Interesting, the Bryan announcers had 2 hits for Bryan. And Defiance scorers had only 1 error for Defiance.
Bryan's Gamechanger gave a hit to their hitter on a clear error by Defiance second baseman Zipfel as their only hit.

D1 at Liberty Benton
SJJ vs Perrysburg / Tiffin Columbian
Northview vs Clay

D1 at Carter Park
AW vs Whitmer/Ross
SFS/Findlay vs SV/Springfield

D2 at Archbold
4Napoleon vs 7Maumee/8Bryan
1Defiance vs 9Wauseon

2Central vs 6BG/10Woodward
5Van Wert vs 3Rossford

Bryan's Gamechanger gave a hit to their hitter on a clear error by Defiance second baseman Zipfel as their only hit.
They said it was a hit just because "it was hit hard." lol. I get that the skill level is lower than baseball we watch on TV, but I still think they hand out hits too easily in high school baseball.

They said it was a hit just because "it was hit hard." lol. I get that the skill level is lower than baseball we watch on TV, but I still think they hand out hits too easily in high school baseball.
Hits when they’re batting to bump up BA and errors when they’re in the field to keep pitcher ERA’s down. Nobody pays attention to fielding percentage when voting for end of year honors. Some teams definitely take advantage.

Toledo St Johns 4
Oregon Clay 0

Big game in the TRAC today. Clay bats were non existent. They need to start doing something at the plate if they want to make any kind of run.

CC avenges their sole TRAC loss against Whitmer, 7-4. Irish have SJJ Wednesday, Findlay Friday.

If they win against SJJ, that would put them near the top, however they have yet to play SFS or Clay at all. Gotta love the weather.

Good day of baseball in the NLL, Anthony Wayne escaped an upset by Napoleon 1-0 to clinch a share of the NLL title. Northview kept slim hopes of a league title share alive with a 2-1 win over Springfield bumping them behind Perrysburg who got by 5th place Maumee in a tight one 3-2. The only game decided by more than one run was Southview beating BG 10-6 to solidify them in the top 6.

NLL Standings (remaining opp)
*Anthony Wayne 12-0 (P, SV)
Northview 10-2 (P, M)
Perrysburg 7-4 (AW, NV, Sp)
Springfield 7-5 (P, BG)
Maumee 5-8 (NV)
Southview 4-9 (AW)
Bowling Green 2-10 (Sp, Nap)
Napoleon 2-11 (BG)
*clinched share NLL title