NWC 2023

Pirate Wishbone

Now that season for everyone is complete put you picks in
1. Columbus Grove, a lot of players to replace but Barazza is back...D will take a step back but they will score next year so could see a flip on type of team they are
2. Bluffton, several key players return and freshman class will start to contribute right away, they WILL push Grove
3. AE, will be solid team but a grind an pound team lacking speed, will wear teams down
4. Ada, they are heading in the right direction will make the playoffs
5. DJ, they just lose to many players
6. Crestview, not really sure what is going on there but should be better than record
7.spencerville, football needs a class to come in a revive the program, doesn't appear to be the sport of choice there

1. Columbus Grove, a lot of players to replace but Barazza is back...D will take a step back but they will score next year so could see a flip on type of team they are
2. Bluffton, several key players return and freshman class will start to contribute right away, they WILL push Grove
3. AE, will be solid team but a grind an pound team lacking speed, will wear teams down
6. Crestview, not really sure what is going on there but should be better than record
7.spencerville, football needs a class to come in a revive the program, doesn't appear to be the sport of choice there
Forgot Leipsic, with Schroeder back (I’m betting they move him back to WR/RB, the sophomore that replaced him because of injury late this year was pretty good) I’d expect them to be in the top 3 at the very least

Forgot Leipsic, with Schroeder back (I’m betting they move him back to WR/RB, the sophomore that replaced him because of injury late this year was pretty good) I’d expect them to be in the top 3 at the very least
That sounds like a good bet. That's not to say that the experiment with him at QB wasn't a good idea, heaven knows that Kirkendall has made a bunch of good moves at Leipsic. I don't know how the hammy and broken bone happened but I had heard coming into 2022 that he was one of the most feared players in the NWC. If he does move back to WR who will take over for Hiegel?

Bump

Any news in NWC land? Crestview and Spencerville will have new HC's next year, when will they announce their hires? Any other schools going to have new headmen before next season?

Bump

Any news in NWC land? Crestview and Spencerville will have new HC's next year, when will they announce their hires? Any other schools going to have new headmen before next season?
No new head coach, but new OOC games to begin the season for Ada. Ada replaces weeks 1-3 non-conference teams Waynesfield, Arlington, & Hardin Northern with new opponents: Upper Scioto Valley, Riverdale and Buckeye Central. USV is an old opponent of Ada, but I believe this will be 1st ever meeting between Riverdale and Buckeye Central. Before consolidation into Riverdale, Forest was in the NWC back in the 60's but as far as i can tell, Ada has never played then since becoming Riverdale

No new head coach, but new OOC games to begin the season for Ada. Ada replaces weeks 1-3 non-conference teams Waynesfield, Arlington, & Hardin Northern with new opponents: Upper Scioto Valley, Riverdale and Buckeye Central. USV is an old opponent of Ada, but I believe this will be 1st ever meeting between Riverdale and Buckeye Central. Before consolidation into Riverdale, Forest was in the NWC back in the 60's but as far as i can tell, Ada has never played then since becoming Riverdale
Did Ada drop Hardin Northern or was it the other way around? That seems like strange game for either side to drop.

Did Ada drop Hardin Northern or was it the other way around? That seems like strange game for either side to drop.
I honestly don't know. I was just looking thru schedules the other day and saw this. I know Ada and USV wanted their game back, but unsure of the other 2. Buckeye Central surprised me. Riverdale, before they were in BVC, had tried to schedule local schools for their out of conference games as their conference went all the way past Mansfield. Have played Riverdale in other sports for years. The HN game does makes me curious

The NWCC will have 10 league members for football in 2023 and will play everyone once for a 9-game league schedule. Thus the NWCC had to drop all their Week 2s &3s

The NWCC will have 10 league members for football in 2023 and will play everyone once for a 9-game league schedule. Thus the NWCC had to drop all their Week 2s &3s
I just thought of that. Ada could only play either USV or Hardin Northern, not both. You're exactly right.

Smart move by the NWCC. When you are a strong conference, you shold load up on out of conference games. When you are a weaker league, you should play as many league games as possible.

His choice?
Jefferson had a slow start but really came on, they had some good kids but many of them graduate. There could be another dry spell coming. The loss of just Teman is a heck of a blow but he wasn't alone in his class. I seem to recall that they had low numbers and are faced with the loss of a good senior group. I have no idea what is coming up through the program but how much can you rely on freshmen even if they have some skill?

I pretty much agree with these, although I think your bottom 3 could go in any order. Crestview still hasn't hired a coach, and while I think it will be Harmon, I think that just means status quo and everything stays exactly as it was under Lautzenheiser. They lose multiple OL and DL starters, not to mention their QB, who while not great, did have varsity experience. Their schedule also gets more difficult with the addition of McComb. I see them as a 3-4 win team again this year.

No coaching hires announced yet. I'm surprised Crestview hasn't hired theirs yet, you would think it'd be announced already if it was an in-house hire like most people thought it would be

Heard a coaching announcement coming soon.
Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I think Leipsic can have a bounce back year. Definitely some athletes remain. Bluffton has some pieces as well. What does Grove have upfront to compliment their athletic RB?