Norton @ Springfield 9-14-12 Homecoming

#7 is there guy. They have a fullback the size of ZM that pounds the ball. From the film I have seen he gets tired quickly but can still fall forward for 2. QB has a nice ball like Moggys.

This game has the potential to set Spartans up to make some noise in PTC, even after a start that could not of been worse.. The defense was better in Barberton game but turnovers shut the door on their chances to compete in that one. They were not prepared for Ellet IMO, and CCC well what can you say they just played with heart and made some big plays...

The offense has decided to show up 11 and half quarters into the season. This team needs to spread the field more often. Offensive strength is not in our running game our TB's dance to the holes instead of hitting them hard like a varsity TB should, this needs to improve and can.

I was looking on a player HUDL account. His grandpa showed me. I dont have a film. But I am sure the coaches have one.

Spartan you can't honestly think they will"make noise" in the PTC. Ellet is is above average could have scored 100 on them, if they wanted to...literally. I honestly think it would be a toss up between Ellen's eighth grade team and Springfield. I'm not trying to be funny either

Spartan you can't honestly think they will"make noise" in the PTC. Ellet is is above average could have scored 100 on them, if they wanted to...literally. I honestly think it would be a toss up between Ellen's eighth grade team and Springfield. I'm not trying to be funny either

Ellet lost to Springfield. Im not trying to be funny either.

Ellet are cheaters and have a track record doing it. Im not trying to be funny either. Jokes on you clown man. Come play a good team. Oh yea! you did and see what happened "Tallmadge".

How can you brag about what Ellet is. You guys have no morals just lies. Chew on that and keep giving Springfield more of your cheater harbin points. blah blah blah.

Rank W-L ID # City School Average Level 1 Level 2 L2 divisor
1 3-0 360 Chardon Chardon 7.9000 16.5 24.0 100
2 3-0 422 Copley Copley 7.0333 16.0 17.0 100
3 3-0 146 Aurora Aurora 6.6500 16.5 11.5 100
4 3-0 1106 New Philadelphia New Philadelphia 6.0101 15.0 10.0 99
5 2-1 800 Akron Kenmore 4.9500 10.5 14.5 100
6 2-1 1326 Kent Roosevelt 4.7667 11.0 11.0 100
- 2-1 1522 Tallmadge Tallmadge 4.7667 11.0 11.0 100
8 2-1 922 Madison Madison 4.6500 10.5 11.5 100
9 2-1 902 Louisville Louisville 4.6000 10.5 11.0 100
10 2-1 1472 Akron Springfield 4.4333 10.0 11.0 100
11 2-1 736 Warren Howland 4.3333 10.0 10.0 100
12 2-1 428 Akron Coventry 3.5000 10.5 0.0 100
13 1-2 822 Uniontown Lake 3.1500 6.0 11.5 100
14 1-2 1678 Chesterland West Geauga 3.0000 6.0 10.0 100
15 1-2 160 Barberton Barberton 2.8333 5.5 10.0 100
16 1-2 802 Chagrin Falls Kenston 2.6000 6.0 6.0 100
17 1-2 592 Akron Firestone 2.5500 6.0 5.5 100
18 1-2 626 Akron Garfield 2.4333 5.5 6.0 100
19 1-2 140 Ashtabula Lakeside 2.0500 4.5 5.5 100
20 1-2 304 Canfield Canfield 1.8333 5.5 0.0 100
- 1-2 528 Akron Ellet 1.8333 5.5 0.0 100
22 1-2 1530 Canton Timken 1.6833 4.0 3.5 100
23 1-2 634 Geneva Geneva 1.6667 5.0 0.0 100
24 0-3 112 Alliance Alliance 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
- 0-3 478 Akron East 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
- 0-3 698 Painesville Harvey 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
- 0-3 1288 Richfield Revere 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
- 0-3 1614 Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 0.0000 0.0 0.0 99

I clearly stated that Ellet is not a good team in my post, that was the whole thing. I also have stated that Tallmadge (in their 8 years of glory, which is soon ending if you look at the youth) is a lot better than Ellet. I dont really care about Ellet. They are an above average team that SHS made look like the Patriots. So by Spartan saying "make some noise" in the PTC, he is telling me than an OK Ellet team would dominate everyone in the PTC, which I find hard to believe.

Can you not read?

I clearly stated that Ellet is not a good team in my post, that was the whole thing. I also have stated that Tallmadge (in their 8 years of glory, which is soon ending if you look at the youth) is a lot better than Ellet. I dont really care about Ellet. They are an above average team that SHS made look like the Patriots. So by Spartan saying "make some noise" in the PTC, he is telling me than an OK Ellet team would dominate everyone in the PTC, which I find hard to believe.

Can you not read?

PTE you make allot of assumptions from a "make some noise" statement, i simply mean beat a couple teams in the league who think we will be a walk overs, like we were at the Ellet game there is no running from that game nobody's trying to make it look like Springfield actually had any chance during that Ellet game. Your coach/AD screwed up if your still bitter about forfiet dont come here lookin to :stirthepot: . Ellet would finish 3 or 4 in PTC most years like the City Series, this year Ellet would be in the mix for PTC title because Kent is down a bit but dominate??? hardly Ravenna would smash Ellet this year..

I'm sure CCC thought they were gonna crush us.... everyone here did... It did not happen, but thats now history too, our team is young but they have some playmakers and team is much better than week one

Thats a Jack wagon statement, one of your many. Now because SHS plays like total crap week one and you give us a good thumpin, now every Ellet team can beat SHS varsity...lol... I'm sure the Ellet 8th grade team can beat CCC too. that is funny DB who you kiddin

spartan- I was responding with an outragous statement to yours. Do I really think the 8th grade team would beat SHS varsity? Probably not, but it is not totally absurd. I did take your comment the wrong way about make some noise. I agree they may be able to win a game or 2 in the PTC.

I am not sure how many times I have to state that I do not care about the forfiet. It has no effect on me at all. I think that it was a very careless job by Joe but it is what it is.

BTW I have seen only 2 teams worse than the SHS team this year. SHS the first year KV took over and Central Hower in 2000.

spartan- I was responding with an outragous statement to yours. Do I really think the 8th grade team would beat SHS varsity? Probably not, but it is not totally absurd. I did take your comment the wrong way about make some noise. I agree they may be able to win a game or 2 in the PTC.

I am not sure how many times I have to state that I do not care about the forfiet. It has no effect on me at all. I think that it was a very careless job by Joe but it is what it is.

BTW I have seen only 2 teams worse than the SHS team this year. SHS the first year KV took over and Central Hower in 2000.

I have not seen a worse game by SHS than the Ellet game in 10 years but this by no means is one of the worst SHS teams, they just sucked against ellet on that night and against Barberton they were much better defensively but as I said before, turnovers in our own red zone and total lack of offense made the score worse than the game really was, we had 2 goalline stands in the first 6 minutes of game (thanks to a turnovers) but we kept giving them the momentum right back with zero offense. If this team can get any offense going they can be tough. Norton will be a big test to my statements.

your 8th grade team is respectable for sure but geez "probably not" is still a absurd statement. my 7th grade team played them last year and lost 14-6 and we were low on numbers and talent overall....

Last edited:
I tried to get film for ya 71..... I cant keep tube any games off hudl for some reason. #7 from what I can see changed his # to 17. I seen him play at norton but not anymore. It looks like little 71 is gonna do real well.

Got a phone call.... #7 is not playing had a aneurysm? Robinson, I am sorry that your nephew had this happen to him. I want to let you know if your relatives need anything done car wise or the boy I would gladly do anything free of charge to help. I just read the article and brought me to tears... I thought LLarryrs injury was bad but this tops that. God be with your family and please anything that I may say on here is only to get a reaction that will be positive.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-storie...s-after-treatment-for-brain-aneurysm-1.331066

It's good that they caught it when they did. Wow, that's scary stuff. It certainly puts things into perspective.

It's good that they caught it when they did. Wow, that's scary stuff. It certainly puts things into perspective.
true, makes my kids broken pinky look like..... well a broken pinky. Glad they caught it sounds like a great kid and family.

Besides the turn overs.... any positives come out of this game?
71, Norton proved a big guy can play FB. Little 71 has got the screw IMO...... Our kids just aint strong enough and it shows. I hope Shinn is going to turn this program around. I was pissed about the suspensions last night but it worked. I had 3 kids up before me today ready. lol

Not sure who the skinny black kid is, but he hits like a freight train!!! Shinn will make the boys strong but it's gonna take a while. Take a look at his wrestlers. Not the most technique in the world and maybe not the most stamina, but every kid is strong enough to snatch the best kids in the state up and put them on their back quickly.

Besides the turn overs.... any positives come out of this game?
71, Norton proved a big guy can play FB. Little 71 has got the screw IMO...... Our kids just aint strong enough and it shows. I hope Shinn is going to turn this program around. I was pissed about the suspensions last night but it worked. I had 3 kids up before me today ready. lol
No... no positives from this game...
As big FB's go SHS trained him at FB for 2 years and then moved him to TE this year behind another kid NW who was already good there? Then the move to guard, didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that was coming and I know he is a good Olineman but he is faster that half of the skill players and 50lbs heavier. He is good with it and is having a good season minus the losses so I am proud of him.. .