Northwest District

NWOhioAthletics

Although St. Francis may be a little down from last year, they should still be expected to win the district. Who are some swimmers to watch out for and what teams do we expect to round out the top 5?

Christian Sobczak will be the best swimmer at the NW District by far. He will lead the Knights to another District title. Look for Ben Gordon, Aaron Boardman, and the up and coming sophomore Blake Noonan to rack up some major points. The question will be who will emerge from the junior class, and will any of the talented freshman step up and get on the podium.

As far as other teams to watch out for, you have to figure that St. Ignatius, Findlay, and Strongsville will battle for 2nd through 4th.

Findlay should be strong with a few returning state qualifiers led by Justin Hopkins who should win the district in the 200 and 500 as well as Tucker Stocker who should be very competitive in the fly and 200. They also have a strong influx of freshman. However, Cameron Dillon deciding not to swim could cost them a significant amount of points in the relays and sprints. IMO I think they'll finish St. F, Strongsville, Findlay, St Iggy

Findlay should be strong with a few returning state qualifiers led by Justin Hopkins who should win the district in the 200 and 500 as well as Tucker Stocker who should be very competitive in the fly and 200. They also have a strong influx of freshman. However, Cameron Dillon deciding not to swim could cost them a significant amount of points in the relays and sprints. IMO I think they'll finish St. F, Strongsville, Findlay, St Iggy

Why did Cameron Dillon decide to not swim? He has been a very successful age group swimmer and would do very well high school swimming.

Heck of an athlete who placed Top 3 at JO's consistently.. Focusing on football and baseball, will probably play at the college level someday

That is too bad for Findlay. No one knows more than the St. Francis swim family what just one more swimmer can mean to the team. He is a great athlete, but it sounds like I will have to talk to his dad about the benefits of playing multiple sports the next time I talk with him!!!!