Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
The same Tiffany Densic that campaigned against new facilities for 15 years and then conveniently forgot about her principles when she saw which way the wind was blowing?
Could care less about Rossford's facilities. I commend her for her stance on CRT (criminal racists's theories). Still a savage. If that's the one. So be it.

Could care less about Rossford's facilities. I commend her for her stance on CRT (criminal racists's theories). Still a savage. If that's the one. So be it.
I could care less about her grandstanding in pursuit of furthering her political career - other than wasting the time of the other board members. I'm sure you'll get a chance to vote for her in a Republican primary at some point if you live in NW Ohio. She's on the Gavarone/Ganabri track.

I could care less about her grandstanding in pursuit of furthering her political career - other than wasting the time of the other board members. I'm sure you'll get a chance to vote for her in a Republican primary at some point if you live in NW Ohio. She's on the Gavarone/Ganabri track.
I never asked if you cared about her. Nor do I care

Eastwood was using a lot of spread wing-t formations last week at their 7 on 7. The QB throws a really nice ball and as usual Eastwood has plenty of speedy athletes at their disposal.

Friday scrimmages:

Genoa vs Wayne Trace
Fostoria vs Waite
Elmwood vs Evergreen

Saturday scrimmages:
Lake vs Gibsonburg
Otsego vs Ottawa Hills
Rossford vs Archbold

I'd assume these will be more like controlled practices/scrimmages with teams just having 4 days of practice and only a few days of full contact.

How are numbers looking like around the conference? Mainly interested in Woodmore’s numbers.

What schools will have freshmen teams? I’m guessing Eastwood, Otsego, and Rossford. Anyone else?

How are numbers looking like around the conference? Mainly interested in Woodmore’s numbers.

What schools will have freshmen teams? I’m guessing Eastwood, Otsego, and Rossford. Anyone else?
Lake has a freshman schedule on their website with 7 games. Havent heard that they arent having a team. Also was told the numbers were in the 50's consistently this summer for activities/conditioning.

Rossford looked okay against Archbold. Offensive line struggled - I'd expect some position changes there to shore it up. Defense kept losing contain on Archbold's QB...but he does that to everyone they play.

Croom will be tough to replace...can the offense put together 7-10 play drives without making a mistake? Defense should be better with a bookend for Linkous at DE with the kid from SFS, solid LBers, and better tackling at safety.

Rossford looked okay against Archbold. Offensive line struggled - I'd expect some position changes there to shore it up. Defense kept losing contain on Archbold's QB...but he does that to everyone they play.

Croom will be tough to replace...can the offense put together 7-10 play drives without making a mistake? Defense should be better with a bookend for Linkous at DE with the kid from SFS, solid LBers, and better tackling at safety.
Archbold looked the part and showed why they are a premier team in NWOAL. Rossford continues to employ the Jr. high blitz-mode defense that is never going to beat a good team.

Last edited:
Linemen downfield?
It’s a new kind of RPO where the offensive center pretends to snap the ball and doesnt block anybody. The QB boots to the right or left and the center then has the option of throwing it to the QB or may take off and run with the football. F’n genious

It’s a new kind of RPO where the offensive center pretends to snap the ball and doesnt block anybody. The QB boots to the right or left and the center then has the option of throwing it to the QB or may take off and run with the football. F’n genious
Our golf coach designed that play years ago, except he used two QB's. One rolled left and one rolled right.

He also wanted to build a full body face mask so the runner could not legally be tackled. Now that was f'n genius.

Archbold looked the part and showed why they are a premier team in NWOAL. Rossford continues to employ the Jr. high blitz-mode defense that is never going to beat a good team.
Some of your comments make you sound like a upset parent because you kid isn't playing every down.

Heard Fostoria and Woodmore plan to have JV teams but may not be able to play every week. Woodmore has 30 guys, Fostoria has 25...yikes.

Eastwood, Otsego, and Rossford only schools having freshmen teams.

Heard Fostoria and Woodmore plan to have JV teams but may not be able to play every week. Woodmore has 30 guys, Fostoria has 25...yikes.

Eastwood, Otsego, and Rossford only schools having freshmen teams.

Rossford has 60 total, including freshmen.

Scrimmage Wauseon Friday night, although I'm not sure how much it will show. Rossford handled them pretty easily two years ago and then the Indians went 9-1.

Port Clinton- 35
Fostoria- 6

One very rain soaked half of football in Fostoria. This could have been much worse if not for the weather and PC pulling the starters early.

Wauseon handled Rossford pretty easily last night from reports I heard.

Eastwood scored twice in their set of 10 plays and Archbold scored once in theirs. In the one half Eastwood won 7-6. The rain came during the half of play.

WEEK 1
Elmwood vs Van Buren
Eastwood vs Ottawa-Glandorf
Fostoria vs Oak Harbor
Genoa vs Archbold
Lake vs McComb
Otsego vs Wynford
Rossford vs Swanton
Woodmore vs Northwood

I see the NBC going 5-3 to open up the year. Some tough openers around the conference.

Elmwood vs Van Buren
Fostoria vs Oak Harbor
Genoa vs Archbold
Lake
vs McComb
Otsego vs Wynford
Rossford vs Swanton
Woodmore vs Northwood

Elmwood vs Van Buren
Fostoria vs Oak Harbor
Genoa vs Archbold
Lake
vs McComb
Otsego vs Wynford
Rossford vs Swanton
Woodmore vs Northwood

R.I.P. Toledo Sports Network

What do you think the chances, with the upcoming conference changes, that the league puts together a video subscription service to make up some lost revenue?

Did I miss something?
TSNW couldn't get enough sponsors, so they will not broadcast any football games. They may comeback for basketball if they get enough sponsors.

The second part is trying to get the gears turning for people with the connections to make things happen on a league level or an individual school level. I doubt WTOL will be streaming games, and if they do will they be exclusively NBC games? Now this leaves people that would like to watch the games but won't go for a variety of reasons from COVID fear, weather, age, want to watch multiple games, etc. The schools still could could bring in $7+ off a chunk of that group each week. Getting it off the ground would be easier as an individual school, but profit sharing and an increased amount of product probably make league wide more stable. If the NBC has the goal of being in the same ballpark as the MAC, strike while the iron is hot and it isn't going to get any hotter than when two of the smallest schools are replaced with two schools that will be the largest. OE is becoming important to these athletic programs and the best way to draw people in is to show the product. Do I honestly think there is a chance that the league would try to put something together, no. Do I think individual schools will try, slightly more possible. The main problem might be that they would have to film all sporting events male and female because of Title IX, I don't know exactly how it would be viewed. Chances any of this happens 0.01%, but if nothing else it is an interesting thought experiment if the same principles that govern over pro/collegiate sports profitability apply on the micro level of high school sports.