Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Elmwood will be in that mix. They return 2 of the league's top players in Reynolds and Lentz.
I’d say Rossford has to be the favorites with a healthy 6’10 big and scholarship player(s). Eastwood and Elmwood will be great games to watch.

Last edited:
I’d say Rossford has to be the favorites with a healthy 6’10 big and scholarship player(s). Eastwood and Elmwood will be great games to watch.

Who’s Rossfords scholarship players? I’ve seen nothing of any offers.

Did Gaston even up landing somewhere?

Who’s Morrison’s offer from? Serious question. I have just heard crickets in terms of all these Rossford guys playing at next level.

I don’t think Vorst has had a healthy year yet so I’m sure schools are hesitant there…that’s understandable.

Rossford will once again win the NBC and will be in the running to win a District Title along with Central Catholic. If the talk about a Rossford player transferring to Eastwood is true, how will the team chemistry be at Eastwood? I would bet the transfer expects to play much more than he would have if he had stayed at Rossford; especially with the way Rossford presses.

@
2nd week in July and I would think 7 on 7's have started......any feedback from what has been seen or insight on what may be coming in the next few weeks.

They have a pretty good junior class: beat Rossford's juniors in 7th and lost in the last couple of minutes in 8th grade. They beat Rossford last year. Their RB probably had close to 300 yards.
That's good to hear. I have spoken to a couple of other league people and they also say Elmwood could be a surprise.

That's good to hear. I have spoken to a couple of other league people and they also say Elmwood could be a surprise.
I think Elmwood will continue to improve and challenge every school in the league. A very big Junior class that features a very athletic RB, a tall QB that proved to be a good varsity player last year as a sophomore. He will have some big targets to throw to. I expect them to have a very big offensive line (as usual) with several kids returning with experience. Things are looking very good in Jerry City imo

I think Elmwood will continue to improve and challenge every school in the league. A very big Junior class that features a very athletic RB, a tall QB that proved to be a good varsity player last year as a sophomore. He will have some big targets to throw to. I expect them to have a very big offensive line (as usual) with several kids returning with experience. Things are looking very good in Jerry City imo
I don’t understand them leaving the league. They’re competitive in every sport, even being co champs in girls basketball. They won 2 league titles last year, have strong classes in 24’ and 23’ meaning they’ll compete for more. I understand Woodmore with having a losing streak.

I don’t understand them leaving the league. They’re competitive in every sport, even being co champs in girls basketball. They won 2 league titles last year, have strong classes in 24’ and 23’ meaning they’ll compete for more. I understand Woodmore with having a losing streak.

I’m sure there are good reasons. I can only speculate, but I wonder if they were trying to get ahead of the move that Woodmore was about to make knowing it was inevitable. Adding a team like Maumee in place of Woodmore isn’t ideal in most sports.

Hard to believe first Friday night is only 40 days away. Scrimmages in 30 days. Normal Friday night lights are near.

Some fun early season matchups:
Week 1 - Eastwood vs Ottawa Glandorf
Week 1 - Lake vs McComb
Week 2 - Rossford vs Port Clinton
Week 2 - Eastwood vs Bowling Green
Week 3 - Otsego vs Liberty Center
Week 3 - Rossford vs Oak Harbor
Week 3 - Lake vs Archbold

Looking way ahead, Otsego/Eastwood week 10 should be a good one.

Rossford will once again win the NBC and will be in the running to win a District Title along with Central Catholic. If the talk about a Rossford player transferring to Eastwood is true, how will the team chemistry be at Eastwood? I would bet the transfer expects to play much more than he would have if he had stayed at Rossford; especially with the way Rossford presses.
The transfer is a former Eastwood player who is still friends with everyone, so that shouldn't cause chemistry issues.

They can compete but the league is getting bigger and Elmwood is not so it does make sense to join BVC. Elmwood will fit right in with football I think I hope Leipsic comes back makes sense to be in BVC for travel purposes.

I’m sure there are good reasons. I can only speculate, but I wonder if they were trying to get ahead of the move that Woodmore was about to make knowing it was inevitable. Adding a team like Maumee in place of Woodmore isn’t ideal in most sports.
Elmwood always seem to compete quite well in the NBC in everything except for football (at least on a consistent basis). Moving to a league with similar numbers really is a good move for them and I wish them much success. Woodmore hasn't been competitive across the board in a long time although they do have success from time to time. Also a good move and hope they have success as well.

Maumee and Oak Harbor are good moves for the NBC. Oak Harbor will have an immediate impact in most sports and increase the competition level. I think for Maumee, like Rossford when they joined, will take a few years to change the culture at their school to show they can compete before it gets turned around.

Hard to believe first Friday night is only 40 days away. Scrimmages in 30 days. Normal Friday night lights are near.

Week 1 - Lake vs McComb

Definitely a good mix of non league games. Don't forget the Lemoyne Road rivalry in Week 2 as well....and if all stays true to popular belief, Week 10 should be a doozy!!!!

Week 1 - Lake vs McComb

Otsego has a tough week 1 opponent in Wynford a perennial playoff team

Otsego beat them by nearly 40 points last year…Wynford’s hoping to keep within 20 next month.
Wynford returns some very good football players. Whatever the score was last year is irrelevant. It’s week 1 of a new high school football season. For those reasons alone, I expect it to be a good football game.