Northeastern Buckeye Conference 2014

Locked up a year or two ago??? Seriously?? LOL

A lot goes into What a D1 program offers in case you didn't know that.
For one, this was last week so I don't understand your logic.
Two, the kid has no interest in playing ball past HS.
And he DID hit 91 five times in a BP session.

A BP session is a little different than being on the mound in a game. Kids tighten up, freak out, lose focus, lose control, and all sorts of stuff.

Ever hear the phrase " batting cage hero"?

Don't care whether you believe it or not!!

A scout for Detroit told me at perfect game the best way to look at all things kids can or can't do . Quote from Scott Pleis .. Always assume every good thing you hear about a young player is true and praise the player. Then evaluate that player and see how good not bad he really is. These kids work hard and dream big it's my job to take a look. If some says he is 91 work to hit that guy and if you get there and he is 83 you'll be in good shape. Good luck to the kid I hope he is I like to see that win or loose.

Pitchers

Saw where the Balderson kid from Marlington sat at 86 consistently at the PBR event recently held. I was told he hit 88 at Bucknell while visiting there. Thoughts on his game?

Sounds like everyone is going to top out at 90 mph this year......if this is true good for them.

I'm confused I've saw all these guys on the stalker and never saw these numbers congrats to all these guys for gaining so much .. South's 1 is mid 80s we have no one gonna touch 90 and most of our guys are around 82 81

The 2015 Balderson kid from Marlington from what I've seen and heard has got the stuff but most importantly is a quality young man. There are several talented pitchers in the NBC! In fact some of the best pitchers in northeast ohio are right here. Newell at south class of 2014 is very talented, stickle class of 2015 at south is as well and both can pitch and will be hard to beat. 2014 vazzuzo at Branch is good and throwing hard, he will be tuff to hit. Louisville lost a couple of good arms and alliance lost all arms but have good ones coming up.

All this said reminds me of someone saying the league is down and not very good. I got to say its pretty good and will compete and win against any league around. This year and next you will see several of the top players committing D1 and going on to make a difference at their school of choice.

The 2015 Balderson kid from Marlington from what I've seen and heard has got the stuff but most importantly is a quality young man. There are several talented pitchers in the NBC! In fact some of the best pitchers in northeast ohio are right here. Newell at south class of 2014 is very talented, stickle class of 2015 at south is as well and both can pitch and will be hard to beat. 2014 vazzuzo at Branch is good and throwing hard, he will be tuff to hit. Louisville lost a couple of good arms and alliance lost all arms but have good ones coming up.

All this said reminds me of someone saying the league is down and not very good. I got to say its pretty good and will compete and win against any league around. This year and next you will see several of the top players committing D1 and going on to make a difference at their school of choice.

There are a lot of good position players to. Some of the top players on some real good travel teams over the years are in the NBC No one has said anything but 2 real good catchers play in the NBC Rupert Marlington Thompson South . Phillips alliance is a real nice looking player. If the NBC is down someone might wanna tell these guys.

Agree the wade kid at south is smooth, good ballplayer so is porter and Crum can swing it. Kordelles got game not much else on the team though. Alliance should still be pretty scrappy and compete.

I'd put an NBC all star team up against any of those so called big school leagues!

Look on game changed the 3 and the 4 hitter wade and Wilson had close to 100 hits between them wades a 2014 Wilson 2015 wade has over 100 high school hits and south don't play to many give me games. . When a player gets over 40 hits in a 100 at bat season talent is fine in the NBC. I'm with you that all star team will play with any one and hold there own.

He will not pitch this year for the same reason he didn't pitch last year. The decision had been made at home that he would protect his arm for football. Everyone will have different opinion on that topic and I will keep mine to myself in order to not offend anyone. I will only say that in the world today it has become way more I and Me instead of Us and We.

He (Duckworth) will probably not even play this year, let alone pitch...I don't think he's medically allowed yet. That's too bad because he was a great leader on the football team even without playing. So don't worry...he might not even be around to display the "I and Me" attitude you are so offended by. He might still be selfishly trying to rehab instead of helping the baseball team. Besides, I don't even think 4theluvofthegame was even asking about him when he mentioned the "football QB kid"...I think he was referring to Zwick.

He (Duckworth) will probably not even play this year, let alone pitch...I don't think he's medically allowed yet. That's too bad because he was a great leader on the football team even without playing. So don't worry...he might not even be around to display the "I and Me" attitude you are so offended by. He might still be selfishly trying to rehab instead of helping the baseball team. Besides, I don't even think 4theluvofthegame was even asking about him when he mentioned the "football QB kid"...I think he was referring to Zwick.

I think he was a good player even if he don't pitch. There is a lot of kids ego protect there arms. There ain't nothing wrong with that. Hope he still plays.

Congrats to Conner Thompson from south. university of NC Charlotte D1 conference USA. . That's 3 kids on there way from one high school to play in college. 2 D1 and 1 D2 and there will be more soon to follow . I'm hearing there are 2 mor kids close.

Great kid. Great family. awesome feeling to know that you worked so hard to achieve a goal and make it happen. If you want it and you are willing to work for it EVERYDAY you can make it happen. Living proof. Kids keep dreaming and never stop working!

This post might get a few chuckles out of everyone on this thread but do not sleep on Minerva this year. They won't be the easy win they were for teams last year. We have some kids that came out this year that didn't last year as well as only graduating one senior from last years team. Won't have the luxury of other teams in the conference with an ace pitcher throwing mid to high 80's but what we will have are kids that will work both sides of the plate and keep the ball low in the zone. Croston will catch some eyes this year as well as Gould, Locke, and Hartshorne. If we pitch well and don't give up 4 or 5 outs an inning, I really believe this team will sneak its way up the conference rankings.

This post might get a few chuckles out of everyone on this thread but do not sleep on Minerva this year. They won't be the easy win they were for teams last year. We have some kids that came out this year that didn't last year as well as only graduating one senior from last years team. Won't have the luxury of other teams in the conference with an ace pitcher throwing mid to high 80's but what we will have are kids that will work both sides of the plate and keep the ball low in the zone. Croston will catch some eyes this year as well as Gould, Locke, and Hartshorne. If we pitch well and don't give up 4 or 5 outs an inning, I really believe this team will sneak its way up the conference rankings.

That's what everyone should be doing. Looking at there positives and most of these schools will be better. There is always good young players hungry to play the game they love and we as parents like to watch. I can't wait to see all the teams and being up beat about your kids and program is awesome not funny. It's time for baseball everyone should be on here talking baseball :clap:

Got to see south today at hall of fame. There even better than I thought very good team gonna take a lot of luck or a great arm to beat them. Will have to be done with pitching I never saw a high school team hit like that. They would be a good travel team as far as hitting goes. Very good team.

We've got South right out of the gate after Louisville. Not sure if I would rather play them early in the league schedule or a little deeper into the schedule. If you play them early, your kinda hoping that their hitting and pitching isn't going to be where it would be in the middle of the season but then if both teams are hitting and pitching on all cylinders then we are going to be a quick 0-4 in league play. Sure would take a 2-2 split, it would give our young team a ton of confidence.

His Mom was my sister's volleyball coach in high school. She was not hard on the eyes by any means. Congrats to the kid on becoming a future 49er!

Great family good people. He had played with our kids for years and has always been a good team mate. I'm proud to say that south team is good but there great kids and have always been fun to watch. We have one more year after this one I'm going to enjoy it.

Back in Ohio. The south is so spoiled they have 15 games under their belt before we get out of the field house. They don't know how good they got it . I think the midwest clubs have better skills due to constant winter repetition in a tight enclosed environment. Where we lack is the game situation speed and reaction times.

Back in Ohio. The south is so spoiled they have 15 games under their belt before we get out of the field house. They don't know how good they got it . I think the midwest clubs have better skills due to constant winter repetition in a tight enclosed environment. Where we lack is the game situation speed and reaction times.

Looks like some games will get played. Any good scrimmages this week south plays Walsh sat.

23hater.........Vizzuso hit 92 in scrim against Jackson.
thought youd like to know.

Love to hear him doing well great kid. Last time we saw him he was mid 80s but he always threw hard. How did that go against Jackson ? Tuesday should be a good game if he is in the low 90s South might be in trouble . The guy WB will see is mid 80s

23hater...Sorry... that was meant for 4theluvofthegame.

No problem ... I was just happy to see him throwing hard he is a good kid and Sure has the size to be that kind of arm. My sons team plays them 2 times this coming week can't wait to see our bats face that speed. Gonna be fun to watch.