NLL expansion

Whitmer is very big and could be very good. Most people on here know that.

There has been plenty of speculation that Napoleon is leaving and maybe BG too.

What else do you want people to say?

Could be? They've been right there with Central over the last decade. Wouldn't shock me at all with losing that annual conference game to see the Panthers run this league over for years to come.

It'll be very interesting to watch this unfold. As I've said before, the big wildcard is the addition of Whitmer which hasn't gotten enough play on here. They're a true D1 power who is a Week 12 regular & should've won a state title in 2012. I imagine Southview, BG and Napoleon are looking at this with worried eyes
As long as there is two divisions, there should be no worries about Whitmer

I think their is a reason why the NLL didn't include Lima Senior. While size wise it makes sense, but almost all those teams are very competitive in every other sport...

I am not trying to be rude or mean, but Lima Seniors only sport they have been good at his Boys Basketball....their girls programs are bad, most times really bad. Their football team has been bad for 6-7 years now. Then their other boys sports are terrible...baseball team gets run ruled almost every game in the TRAC.

Not only that, but Lima Senior does not travel overly well for their sports that struggle. Yes, the basketball team brings people, but it stops there.

Any odd number doesn't work because it requires finding nonleague football games every week, and you could end up with a real mismatch very far away.

They need someone to create two divisions of 6.

Or, if Napoleon & BG both leave, which seems likely, the new NLL will need someone to create a league of 10.

I think Lima is the only choice.

Whitmer - 1625
Perrysburg - 1252
Findlay - 1175
Anthony Wayne - 1082
Northview - 1014
Springfield - 884
Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Lima - 817
Southview - 745
Bowling Green - 714
Napoleon - 506

Last edited:
They need 12 for 2 divisions and the only visible option is Lima.

If Napoleon leaves there is no 2 divisions option.

I think 2 divisions is unlikely, we probably will be in a spot where it's one 10 team league. To say other teams will hold their own is foolish with Whitmer, from 2011-2019 the only teams to beat them in TRAC play was Central 6x, Ross and St Francis. In those 9 years they have gone 55-8 against TRAC competition. Guys Whitmer is going to OWN this league

I think 2 divisions is unlikely, we probably will be in a spot where it's one 10 team league. To say other teams will hold their own is foolish with Whitmer, from 2011-2019 the only teams to beat them in TRAC play was Central 6x, Ross and St Francis. In those 9 years they have gone 55-8 against TRAC competition. Guys Whitmer is going to OWN this league
Chill out for a minute. Stop selling short AW and P-Burg, maybe even Findlay, too. Whitmer will be among the top dogs in football, basketball, etc. but in all reality this conference is going to be a crazy baseball league IMO.

smurf, for the millionth time this is not the Whitmer of 2006-2018.

Last year the Panthers were beaten by Findlay for the first time since the early 2000's. SJ for the first time since 2008. SF throttled Whitmer as well.

You also forgot to mention that Fremont Ross also edged out a win against them, too.

Maybe smurf is implying they'll be back to former glories once the ultra-NLL rolls around in 2023-24?

Lima could solve their problems by breaking in half into Lima East and Lima West, or Lima Inner Ring and Lima Outer Ring, or whatever makes most sense for them. But it won't happen anytime soon.

Chill out for a minute. Stop selling short AW and P-Burg, maybe even Findlay, too. Whitmer will be among the top dogs in football, basketball, etc. but in all reality this conference is going to be a crazy baseball league IMO.

Yes! baseball is going to be crazy good. Already is a good conference now it is better. I think that is a reason why they didn't invite Lima Senior. The secondary sports at these schools do very well.

Napoleon- Girls bball
Anthony Wayne/Perrysburg- Soccer
Anthony Wanye/Springfield- Softball
Anthony Wayne/Southview/Perrysburg- baseball

I think 2 divisions is unlikely, we probably will be in a spot where it's one 10 team league. To say other teams will hold their own is foolish with Whitmer, from 2011-2019 the only teams to beat them in TRAC play was Central 6x, Ross and St Francis. In those 9 years they have gone 55-8 against TRAC competition. Guys Whitmer is going to this league
I never said that. Why respond to me?

Yes! baseball is going to be crazy good. Already is a good conference now it is better. I think that is a reason why they didn't invite Lima Senior. The secondary sports at these schools do very well.

Napoleon- Girls bball
Interesting, but it not soccer, softball, baseball, or girls basketball that are driving any of this.

Exactly. This is going to be an even stronger baseball than what already existed.
NLL-1
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield

This league would be a pretty big tough one to play in. Literally everyone but Springfield (who I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped with SV/Clay) would be a contender for a title yearly.

NLL-2
Clay
Ross
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
(Whoever the heII they put in here)

This would also be pretty competitive too, but I'm not sure if Clay/SV would be lobbying to be with the "big dogs," because of how strong their programs are looking to be (especially the Eagles). Ross would definitely be keeping it close with the other teams here as well.

Last edited:
Exactly.
NLL-1
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield

This league would be a pretty big tough one to play in. Literally everyone but Springfield (who I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped with SV/Clay) would be a contender for a title yearly.

NLL-2
Clay
Ross
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon
(Whoever the heII they put in here)

This would also be pretty competitive too, but I'm not sure if Clay/SV would be lobbying to be with the "big dogs," because of how strong their programs are looking to be (especially the Eagles). Ross would definitely be keeping it close with the other teams here as well.
This fell apart because nobody is willing to be the punching bag like Springfield would be. Clay and SV would never want that schedule either, Northview is going to get smaller and would already struggle. Maumee left and won’t rejoin this so there is no 12th team.

The 10 team league makes the most sense because I believe like many others Napoleon and BG (if they’re smart) are out the door already. Add Lima but it’s not a great league it’s just the best anyone could agree on.
I think the top 4 will consistently finish top 5 or 6 with a random team from the bottom having a great year mixed in.
Tier 1
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
AW
Tier 2
Ross
Clay
Northview
Lima Sr
Springfield
Southview

Not sure how this 10 team NLL would be better than current NLL in baseball. You’d lose Napoleon, BG and Maumee for Whitmer, Findlay, Clay, Ross and Lima Sr.

If Maumee, BG, Defiance, OG, Archbold, Wauseon, Bryan and Rossford came together (my dream scenario) that could be a great baseball conference for D2-3

Could be? They've been right there with Central over the last decade. Wouldn't shock me at all with losing that annual conference game to see the Panthers run this league over for years to come.
You can keep saying this over and over and over(you already have) but the reality is that Clay, Findlay, Ross and Whitmer are all leaving the TRAC for the NLL. The TRAC probably will be saying buh-bye and nobody that's leaving really cares.

Napoleon- Girls bball
Springfield softball has been very dominant. To chs1971's point though, football drives conference affiliation.

Agree. Not to mention Whitmer is landlocked. BIG district but growth will be from mostly renters and people actually moving from TPS districts to Washington Local. WLS has transformed over the last twenty years from a suburban district to a much more urban district. Unless it is a HUD home, no one is building new houses in Washington Local. As much as the Toledo area continues to dip in population Perrysburg and AW are the only two places growing and where most of the rare newbies choose to reside.

I am not trying to be rude or mean, but Lima Seniors only sport they have been good at his Boys Basketball....their girls programs are bad, most times really bad. Their football team has been bad for 6-7 years now. Then their other boys sports are terrible...baseball team gets run ruled almost every game in the TRAC.
6-7 years now?? What's your concept of time? I think you mean for the past 3 years.... 2014 (6.5 years ago) they were 8-3. 2015 (5.5 years ago) they were 9-3 losing to state champ La Salle in the second round of the playoffs. 2016 (4.5 years ago) they went 6-4 and were competitive in every single game they played - losing by 1 point to TCC and a touchdown to Whitmer. They haven't had a winning season since 2016, but even in those years it's not like they've been winless - they've been 4-6 (2017), 2-8 (2018), 3-7 (2019), and 1-5 (2020) seasons. So maybe you actually mean since their 2018 season? Which is really only 3 seasons worth of football. Not 6-7 years. Just stating facts.

BG is staying put as long as Napoleon is there. And vice versa. Guessing they’re hoping for a NWOAL implosion to pick up Wauseon (and company?). Not sure what other options are. Defiance isn’t leaving. At least not anytime soon.

I give Napoleon a lot of credit. The little engine that could. Btw, regardless of Division, Naptown has competed with Whitmer from GLL days.

Lima could solve their problems by breaking in half into Lima East and Lima West, or Lima Inner Ring and Lima Outer Ring, or whatever makes most sense for them. But it won't happen anytime soon.
I was talking to someone about this a few days ago. How Lima Sr. is in one of the worst places for a D1 school to be located. WBL won't take em, they're too far away from other big schools, blah blah blah, you know explaining exactly what this forum site has been saying for months now. Brought up Lima just splitting into two different inner city schools. I also agree that it's not gonna happen either, and splitting for the sake of sports seems silly to me. That and does a small city like Lima really need to be split in essentially 7 schools? ("Lima 1," Lima 2," LCC, Bath, Shawnee, Perry and I'm counting Elida.)
That's just me though.
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 9.53.55 AM.png

Luckily (or unluckily?) for Lima Senior, this is nothing new to them. They've been the odd one out, the outlier, and in an awkward league for the past 40 years. They've been in the TRAC for about the last ten years playing Toledo-area schools, prior to the that GBC for 8 years playing schools from all across NW OH, and then the GMC playing Cincinnati area schools for the 20 years before that. I'm not sure what their league membership was before 1980 or in the few years between the GMC/GBC, presumably independent, which is likely their future as well. It's obviously not ideal, but they'll figure it out.

I think their is a reason why the NLL didn't include Lima Senior. While size wise it makes sense, but almost all those teams are very competitive in every other sport...

Not only that, but Lima Senior does not travel overly well for their sports that struggle. Yes, the basketball team brings people, but it stops there.
Travel issues aside, Lima would be a good fit for football, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Their girls soccer team is absolutely abysmal and has no business playing AW or PBurg. They have only maybe 14 girls in the whole soccer program.

Travel issues aside, Lima would be a good fit for football, boys basketball, and girls basketball. Their girls soccer team is absolutely abysmal and has no business playing AW or PBurg. They have only maybe 14 girls in the whole soccer program.

Can't imagine the Perrysburgers making a trip to Lima. One of my former employees from Perrysburg had a son who took the ACT at Rossford High School and told her he "felt his IQ drop 20 points walking through the door." Since my son was an RHS graduate who won a National Merit Scholarship and turned down Northwestern and Amherst College, among others, I took her comments with a grain of salt.

Can't imagine the Perrysburgers making a trip to Lima. One of my former employees from Perrysburg had a son who took the ACT at Rossford High School and told her he "felt his IQ drop 20 points walking through the door." Since my son was an RHS graduate who won a National Merit Scholarship and turned down Northwestern and Amherst College, among others, I took her comments with a grain of salt.
Typical. I have had Pburgers make a lot of comments to me as well about Maumee.

Typical. I have had Pburgers make a lot of comments to me as well about Maumee.

Yeah...the Valedictorian the year my son graduated also turned down Northwestern - as well as Notre Dame. The Valedictorian the year after got into Princeton. I think they did okay.

Perrysburg: the Lake Wobegon of Northwest Ohio.

For some it's apparently nice nd easy to make friends by stereotyping and see what other pin-heads will jump on the bandwagon. It's still a bandwagon taking the low road.

I've yet to live in a neighborhood where there wasn't a few snobs.

hmm, though if I had to pick, I guess I'd rather the one with the four car garages. :D Wait, no I wouldn't. I'd rather be a snob in a low property tax neighborhood.