NFHS Released Guidance for State Associations to Consider in Re-opening High School Athletics and Other Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers going up in Ohio (Not like the Deep South), Ozark story about to blow up, South Korea had to shut down schools again.

Does this mean we are more at risk? Barely.

What will lawmakers do? I was interested in seeing Dr. Acton extended mass gatherings under 300 people (for just weddings) until July 1st. Four weeks after that teachers are going to start expecting to get back to schools, kids two weeks after that...Blended Learning has to be inevitable at this point. Will they allow sports? Sure hope so.

Numbers going up in Ohio (Not like the Deep South), Ozark story about to blow up, South Korea had to shut down schools again.

What will lawmakers do? I was interested in seeing Dr. Acton extended mass gatherings under 300 people (for just weddings) until July 1st. Four weeks after that teachers are going to start expecting to get back to schools, kids two weeks after that...Blended Learning has to be inevitable at this point. Will they allow sports? Sure hope so.
What numbers, number of cases? That number will continue to go up as testing is more widespread. The Ohio deaths, hospitalization, and ICU admittance numbers are sawtooth shape, but generally holding steady or slightly downward trending.

What numbers, number of cases? That number will continue to go up as testing is more widespread. The Ohio deaths, hospitalization, and ICU admittance numbers are sawtooth shape, but generally holding steady or slightly downward trending.

Hard to even get a test in Ohio. Small towns will be the real question.

I theorize this summer is a small test to see if this Fall can be handled for high school sports.

Lol. You didn’t play sports nor did you ever sniff state. Or you wouldn’t be so stupid as to say it’s over and they moved on. You are so far removed from sports reality, that’s is hard to comprehend.
Seriously. You should stop. You're looking sillier with each post.

The only numbers that matter are deaths and hospitalizations. People testing positive with mild symptoms isn't something to get alarmed about.

We know who is vulnerable. We can protect them and still move on.

Nope. It’s a two way street. You think you are making your community proud by constantly ganging up on data driven numbers and continually ganging up to argue like a bunch of little thugs against one person? Lol.
You are the only one here that has been antagonizing and disparaging toward others. You are the one with expletive laden posts. You are the one that made up a bunch of numbers. You are the one that established you "superior" intellect over others. Everyone has been civil in this discussion except for you.

Do yourself a favor and seriously stay off of Yappi. I know you think that you are right and doing no harm, but that is where your blinders are preventing you from seeing the big picture. You are harming your reputation and that of your community.

There is always some good razzing on here which makes it fun. You are just trying to establish yourself as some sort of "alpha Yappi male" by tearing others down.

What’s silly is you actually thinking seniors on the verge of state are over it. Your narrative is so far from the truth that I seriously do question if you ever picked up a ball in high school.
3 months later? After they graduated? They moved on. There will be exceptions, people like you, but you still probably where your JV letter jacket to the games on Fridays.

Keep arguing about why there should be fall sports or not. That's a worthy discussion. The rest of your blabber is useless nonsense.

I theorize this summer is a small test to see if this Fall can be handled for high school sports.

Testing & Rapid Antibody Tests are now available in Alliance at Hometown Urgent Care. Drive thru or curbside. I would assume Canton & other surrounding areas have testing available as well at Urgent Care offices.

Last edited:

Agree, it has to be a test to see the real impact on society now that we know who to protecting. And since widespread testing isn’t going to be in place for the general population, the only data available will be the trailing data I noted above.

Yes. Three months later. Still very hurt. I know some of them personally.

Bit** shots at me dont bother. JV jacket. Haha. Is there such a thing? Learn sports. Learn kids. They aren’t over it.
Being disappointed is one thing. Wanting to basically start the season over again for potentially one more game is another thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil? Read the board. Read the disparaging remarks by you and your group of thugs. And no. Not staying off yappi as much as you would love to strong arm me out.
I have read them all, again you fail to see how toxic you are. Since you won't follow some simple advice or handle any type of criticism, I'll just sit back and watch you self sabotage yourself like Ptpackerfan.

Get your popcorn ready, it's only going to get better from here as you go over all of our heads with your superior intellect and vast knowledge about the world that we simple peons will never able to fully grasp.

Agree, it has to be a test to see the real impact on society now that we know who to protecting. And since widespread testing isn’t going to be in place for the general population, the only data available will be the trailing data I noted above.

Testing & Rapid Antibody Tests are now available in Alliance at Hometown Urgent Care. Drive thru or curbside. I would assume Canton & other surrounding areas have testing available as well at Urgent Care offices.

The Covid-19 test is free, the Antibody tests are self pay.

Your entire premise was built on a gross misstatement.

You've doubled down on it since then. Growing more and more agitated and insulting more fellow posters trying to argue your original premise is correct.

The onus is on you to prove your original statement. Your data, though its accuracy is suspect, doesn't override anything you already stated.

The OHSAA is not a billion dollar industry. It's not even an industry..

Yes, as you've admitted, it's part OF an industry. If you even just included the cost of EVERYTHING involved in Ohio high school Athletics: facilities, travel expenses, equipment, salaries, insurance, retail and commercial sales of paraphernalia and sponsorships. Yeah. Maybe it is a billion dollar industry.

But that's not the OHSAA. Any more than a lemonade stand is a billion dollar industry just because it's in the food service sector.

The OHSAA is, and it's numbers show, a very small business that only does one part of the overreaching industry: rules enforcement and tournament administration.

That's it. That's the OHSAA's industry. Not the entire sports world inside the Buckeye State or the nation. It's really small potatoes.

You yourself could make a lot of this right by just admitting that and most everyone in here would go on with life without a second thought. But instead you've argued about official accreditation costs, training costs, marketing and name recognition and the hypothetical value that could be sold being dozens of times more valuable than the core business of a nonprofit organization who has a very limited scope and minor role in the INDUSTRY it's a minor piece of the puzzle.

People aren't against you because you're right. They're not even against you because you're wrong. They're against you because you refuse to argue in good faith.

There are 3 high schools in my area that have high school athletics that are not members of OHSAA and they schedule games and contests with any school they can. Ohsaa does not control high school sports. They provide rules or by-laws and a tournament for the schools that choose to be members of the association.

Last edited:
Your entire premise was built on a gross misstatement.

You've doubled down on it since then. Growing more and more agitated and insulting more fellow posters trying to argue your original premise is correct.

The onus is on you to prove your original statement. Your data, though its accuracy is suspect, doesn't override anything you already stated.

The OHSAA is not a billion dollar industry. It's not even an industry..

Yes, as you've admitted, it's part OF an industry. If you even just included the cost of EVERYTHING involved in Ohio high school Athletics: facilities, travel expenses, equipment, salaries, insurance, retail and commercial sales of paraphernalia and sponsorships. Yeah. Maybe it is a billion dollar industry.

But that's not the OHSAA. Any more than a lemonade stand is a billion dollar industry just because it's in the food service sector.

The OHSAA is, and it's numbers show, a very small business that only does one part of the overreaching industry: rules enforcement and tournament administration.

That's it. That's the OHSAA's industry. Not the entire sports world inside the Buckeye State or the nation. It's really small potatoes.

You yourself could make a lot of this right by just admitting that and most everyone in here would go on with life without a second thought. But instead you've argued about official accreditation costs, training costs, marketing and name recognition and the hypothetical value that could be sold being dozens of times more valuable than the core business of a nonprofit organization who has a very limited scope and minor role in the INDUSTRY it's a minor piece of the puzzle.

People aren't against you because you're right. They're not even against you because you're wrong. They're against you because you refuse to argue in good faith.
We may have found an educated man with common sense.

Just heard something very interesting on the radio. They have found that the first documented case of Covid in Ohio was found to be January 3rd in Warren county. If that is the case, shouldn’t our hospitals have been slammed already by the time the stay at order was enacted in March? Looking at the 2016-2017 influenza surveillance data from the ODH, the hospitalization rate that year went from basically zero in week 49 to the maximum of 950 a week by week 9. Eleven weeks. And Covid supposedly has an infection rate that is multiple times higher than the influenza. Something seems off here.

Status
Not open for further replies.