next year 2011

Anybody know who's going to be protecting Iacovone on the offensive side of the ball this year? He is going to need help out there. He can only do so much without a good offensive line.

It's a little early to be making excuses isn't it?:Ohno:

Go away please. Your posts are useless. We always have good lineman with quality coaching and every real Moeller person knows that... Go Big Moe!

While I agree with you on the OL coach being real good, why do you always have a "better than thou" attitude with posts that are saying nothing bad? And what do you mean by "real" Moeller people, do you mean a person who started and played a Moeller sport while they went to school there. If thats the case then you are not a "real" Moeller person are you? I have met some really great people at Moeller. People like you give Moeller a bad name.

First...my post was directed directly to a person who is not who he claims to be...Period.

Secondly, I fulfill your requirements as a real Moeller person. Thirdly, yes my posts are always positive or constructive. If I have negative beliefs...I don't make public on yappi and address them with that coach or person directly and face to face. It is just sports. Not personal.

Funny thing, I usually like your posts and actually gave you props at times with your offensive knowledge...so I don't get where I am holier than thou as you state.

Go Big Moe!

First...You were telling a person to go away and that their post was useless(as if any post are useful) as if you own Moeller. Whether that person is who they say they are is really none of your business.

Secondly, are you saying you started on the Moeller 1982 football team?

Thirdly, you should go back and look at your post, they are positive if they are from someone you are friends with but are very negative if someone disagrees with you or you think they are being someone they are not(whatever that means).

How is telling someone to "go away" and that "they are useless" not personal?
I have never had a problem with you and I agree with alot of what you say, but this "this is my Moeller" crap needs to stop. Moeller belongs to anyone who pays their $10,300 to attend there.

Last edited:
First: It was meant to be personal. Everybody has a right to opinion and blogs are places to post opinions. I DO have a problem with 7 11 99 as it is NOT the father of those players and this person portrays this as him. I think it is wrong to seem to represent a person he is not, especially using that combination of numbers of three brothers. If you think it is ok for him or her to pretend to be a parent making comments about the team, teammates or the program, and the problems this creates, then that is your opinion and we will agree to disagree.

Secondly, Yes. I was a very small part of that team, I was a starter but being a starter didn't matter then...and it doesn't matter now. Our parts combined as a whole were much better. From the first guy off the bus...to the last...everyone contributed. And it showed.

Thirdly, your final comment gives me mixed feelings. Just because you pay...does that give you ownership? One "belongs" to a country club by paying dues. Do you belong to a school by paying tuition? I don't know the answer. I have seen Moeller produce incredible young men over the years, young men I am very proud of and when I talk to them...money is never a part of the Moeller discussion. Being a part of Moeller should be about hard work, dedication with a sense of direction and discipline. Team first mentality. Call me old school but giving time, effort, blood, sweat and tears by both students and adults is the mortar that holds together the bricks! I am not familiar with any shortcuts or any way to buy your way to becoming a great person and a great player. A very smart man once told me something I will never forget.... "Your parents can buy you a car...but they can't buy you a championship."

Go Big Moe!

First, now you are saying it was meant to be personal and in the post before you said it's not personal. I am confused. But It sounds like there is more to this 7-11-99 than just a date so i'm going to leave that alone.

Secondly, if what you are saying here is true then I have to hand it to you. That is the way it should be, but you might want to sit your own son down and give him the speech about being a team and his treatment of all his fellow teammates. (It seems the apple fell from the tree and rolled a little bit on this topic.)

Thirdly, I'm sorry, but paying for something does give you ownership. Also, you and I know a couple who had an older boy that went to Moeller and played baseball (went on to play at OSU) and they have another boy our boys age. They sent him to a public school instead of Moe. I ask them why they were doing that. They told me in the four years their boy attended Moeller, all they heard about was what a "Family" it was. They said "Nothing could be farther from the truth." It was all about what parish you were from, or what clique you were in. If you were in the "right" one, Moeller could be a great experience for you and your kid. This statement has been proven to be more true than anything else I have ever heard about Moeller. If more people had your thoughts about Moeller first maybe things would be different, I don't know.

First, now you are saying it was meant to be personal and in the post before you said it's not personal. I am confused. But It sounds like there is more to this 7-11-99 than just a date so i'm going to leave that alone.

Secondly, if what you are saying here is true then I have to hand it to you. That is the way it should be, but you might want to sit your own son down and give him the speech about being a team and his treatment of all his fellow teammates. (It seems the apple fell from the tree and rolled a little bit on this topic.)

Thirdly, I'm sorry, but paying for something does give you ownership. Also, you and I know a couple who had an older boy that went to Moeller and played baseball (went on to play at OSU) and they have another boy our boys age. They sent him to a public school instead of Moe. I ask them why they were doing that. They told me in the four years their boy attended Moeller, all they heard about was what a "Family" it was. They said "Nothing could be farther from the truth." It was all about what parish you were from, or what clique you were in. If you were in the "right" one, Moeller could be a great experience for you and your kid. This statement has been proven to be more true than anything else I have ever heard about Moeller. If more people had your thoughts about Moeller first maybe things would be different, I don't know.

Unrealistic expectations is the only response I can offer. Moeller is just a very good high school..not the promised land so many seek in search of fame or fortune for their kids.

Last edited:
Anybody know who's going to be protecting Iacovone on the offensive side of the ball this year? He is going to need help out there. He can only do so much without a good offensive line.

Stop talking about Iacovone you know nothing about the team. Should be more about Monty player of the team, as you could tell from last year.

Unrealistic expectations is the only response I can offer. Moeller is just a very good high school..not the promised land so many seek in search of fame or fortune for their kids.

He is playing baseball at "Thee" Ohio State University on a Scholarship but his parents had unrealistic expectations while he was in High school at Moeller? Interesting.

We do agree that Moeller is a very good high school. The teachers, administrators’, baseball, and basketball programs are first class. JR is very close to getting the football program where it needs to be. He has had some bad luck getting the staff he wants, hopefully that takes care of itself this year.

Just sent in for my season tickets.
Again, I was dissapointed we are playing X at Nippert again with it being our home year. If it's all about the money, heck why don't we just play at Ballaban each year and split the gate on our home year. At least it keeps the money in the GCL.
I really think that if the game was at Lockland Moeller would sell more season tickets with people getting season tickets just for a ticket to that game. They would also get the $50 booster fee included in the season tickets.
This just takes away a home game in a year with a very difficult schedule.
Has X ever moved it's home game with Moeller to a neutral site?
Still think JR and Big Moe are going to have a great year!

He is playing baseball at "Thee" Ohio State University on a Scholarship but his parents had unrealistic expectations while he was in High school at Moeller? Interesting.

We do agree that Moeller is a very good high school. The teachers, administrators’, baseball, and basketball programs are first class. JR is very close to getting the football program where it needs to be. He has had some bad luck getting the staff he wants, hopefully that takes care of itself this year.

Your forgetting arguably the best program at Moeller. Wrestling.

he hired the staff...so any bad luck he brought on himself...you would think he has done this long enough to have that part mastered...where else is he lacking. football will never, under JR, sniff basketball, baseball, and wrestling...at Moe...he just isn't good enough to eber hold the jocks of those other coaches there.

I watched the football information meeting on the website and Rodenburg named the captains. Monty wasn't on the list. I can't remember all of them..Tanner was one of them.

he or you must have missed him? he is the best player on the team. 3 year starter. I imagine tanner, lally,burkhart & monty.

he or you must have missed him? he is the best player on the team. 3 year starter. I imagine tanner, lally,burkhart & monty.

I went back and watched it again. The captains are:
John Tanner TE
Mitch Catino SS
Cody Elias FS
Dillon Kern LB
Eric Lalley DT
Tyler Williford LB

It was at the parent/players kickoff meeting. He said there are only six captains and they all came up. It's at the 41:30 mark of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPFtKe4CLA&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

anyone have any information on the seniors besides monty regarding college recruiting?

Kern, Lalley, etc? Any college offers?

That's GREAT for those guys!! but, when did they start offering guys who have not played? what if these guys do not start? If I were them I would take the offer now.

Personally, i enjoyed the 'ground and pound' approach, only if we have the personnel to do it though. Defense will need to be the biggest area of improvement, John didn't do a very good job managing it when it came to playing in the big games.

Also, could we get a video/commentating/radio going this year...we're the only team in the GCL-S that doesn't got one, we have the stupid gamecast.....Theirs gotta be somebody that is willing to do it. Its sad

Personally, i enjoyed the 'ground and pound' approach, only if we have the personnel to do it though. Defense will need to be the biggest area of improvement, John didn't do a very good job managing it when it came to playing in the big games.

Also, could we get a video/commentating/radio going this year...we're the only team in the GCL-S that doesn't got one, we have the stupid gamecast.....Theirs gotta be somebody that is willing to do it. Its sad

call mark doren at moe. he runs the football stuff and can get it done.

Well hopefully they work...Don't even need commentators. Just put the live video feed, if you wanna be real cheap, don't even put audio LOL