New Philadelphia at Hubbard Week 11

Would have loved to see TC play for the penguins, may still be in the cards, the penguins lack a dominate back right now, not many backs that can get the tough yards on the YSU roster. I would imagine Dominguez isn’t going as a RB but I could be wrong
YSU loses most of their entire backfield thru graduation after this season. Me being a YSU season ticket holder for many years, I hope he does stay here, and so does all the other season ticket holders that sit around me as well.

Curious to see what Hubbard does offensively this week, NP will try to mimic what SR did in terms of scheme. If I’m Hubbard this game can be huge for 6 and 9. Im no offensive genius, but here’s a couple things I would do as the OC this week.

1. A gun set with 6/9/22 all in the backfield and run power with a counter/read built in.

2. 3-4 wide and run 22 with less guys in the box to give him a little breathing room

3. set up some screens away from 22, maybe to a TE on the opposite site of where 22 is going

4. a couple quick bubbles then a double move for something deep, the QB isn’t the best passer but the balls that he has thrown well have been deep balls
Nice post. Agree with a lot here.

Truth be told it was a weird year
Nobody expected Matt Dennison to pack his bags and lie about taking a break and take another job because he saw a rebuild year coming , the job that was done with this team was impressive , we did return one of our best players but we lost a D1 FCS commit and. A few other solid players, it’s a mix of old and young guys including a young QB , we don’t commit many penalties, mostly like to run the ball as in years prior
Appreciate the reply! The QB looks like he's a running threat on film. Glad to hear the program is in good hands. Was surprised your old coach went to Canton South. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than us in the Mahoning Valley know.

I am pretty sure Caffey doesn't have adequate test scores to get in to a school like Harvard, Yale, Princeton. The only possibility is that perhaps they overlook the test scores just because he is good at football.

I am pretty sure Caffey doesn't have adequate test scores to get in to a school like Harvard, Yale, Princeton. The only possibility is that perhaps they overlook the test scores just because he is good at football.
I'm kind of curious on how you might know all about Caffey's test scores saying "you are pretty sure". I don't "put down" anybody's intellect, even yours simkon.

I really don't know any of the players on any of the Ivy League team's test scores.

Isn't a player from Trumbull County going Ivy this year? LaBrae I think ?

I was told Caffey has always been a straight A student. Really respectful kid Curious of why you're pretty sure he doesn't have the test scores?

Ivy league recruiting is much different from every other recruiting. First of all, there are no scholarships, an "offer" is the opportunity to get into the school with the help of the program and all financial aid at these schools are based off of need and nothing more. Second, recruiting is down by a 4 tier system in which Tier 1 are players that could have gotten into the school on their own merit without football involved, Tier 2 are players that have great ACT scores and good GPAs that might have been on the fence of getting in on their own without football, Tier 3 are players that are good students that needed football to get in and Tier 4 are players that are FBS caliber and had no chance of getting in academically without football. There are more spots available for players in the Top 2 tiers and and less for the bottom 2. Most Ivys will only have 1 spot a recruiting class for a Tier 4 player.
Now with that all being said, it isn't for anyone in here to comment on a players intelligence or test scores. It could come down to the fact that he is not interested in an Ivy League school because the fit is not right. Now with that being said, the Kentucky offer is a stretch in my opinion. He is a good MAC or FCS school player and could have a good career there but an SEC RB is a big stretch.

I'm kind of curious on how you might know all about Caffey's test scores saying "you are pretty sure". I don't "put down" anybody's intellect, even yours simkon.

I really don't know any of the players on any of the Ivy League team's test scores.

Isn't a player from Trumbull County going Ivy this year? LaBrae I think ?
Aiden Stephens

Ivy league recruiting is much different from every other recruiting. First of all, there are no scholarships, an "offer" is the opportunity to get into the school with the help of the program and all financial aid at these schools are based off of need and nothing more. Second, recruiting is down by a 4 tier system in which Tier 1 are players that could have gotten into the school on their own merit without football involved, Tier 2 are players that have great ACT scores and good GPAs that might have been on the fence of getting in on their own without football, Tier 3 are players that are good students that needed football to get in and Tier 4 are players that are FBS caliber and had no chance of getting in academically without football. There are more spots available for players in the Top 2 tiers and and less for the bottom 2. Most Ivys will only have 1 spot a recruiting class for a Tier 4 player.
Now with that all being said, it isn't for anyone in here to comment on a players intelligence or test scores. It could come down to the fact that he is not interested in an Ivy League school because the fit is not right. Now with that being said, the Kentucky offer is a stretch in my opinion. He is a good MAC or FCS school player and could have a good career there but an SEC RB is a big stretch.
Me being a YSU season ticket holder, I'm still hoping he's playing at The Ice Castle next season.

I was told Caffey has always been a straight A student. Really respectful kid Curious of why you're pretty sure he doesn't have the test scores?
I am well aware that he is a straight A student, and I give him a lot of credit for that accomplishment. But just because someone is a straight A student doesn't necessarily mean he is capable of scoring exceptionally well on the ACT or SAT. I know a lot of people that were straight A students that had rather pedestrian test scores (in the mid 20's).
Unless the ivy league schools either lowered their standards or make special considerations for certain individuals, I know what it takes to get in. Mind you I didn't end up attending an ivy league school because they wouldn't have given me any scholarships because they are mostly all need based. They formerly were all merit based at one time however.

As an aside, I have attached my ACT scores, mind you my test scores were barely adequate to get into an ivy league school at the time.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1720538545.jpg
    Snapchat-1720538545.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 41
Looks like I missed the fireworks, but I’ll get them started again. New Philadelphia wins this game!!! Proves the Eagles from Hubbard are fraudulent like every year!!! Win nothing Eagles!!

Last edited:
I am well aware that he is a straight A student, and I give him a lot of credit for that accomplishment. But just because someone is a straight A student doesn't necessarily mean he is capable of scoring exceptionally well on the ACT or SAT. I know a lot of people that were straight A students that had rather pedestrian test scores (in the mid 20's).
Unless the ivy league schools either lowered their standards or make special considerations for certain individuals, I know what it takes to get in. Mind you I didn't end up attending an ivy league school because they wouldn't have given me any scholarships because they are mostly all need based. They formerly were all merit based at one time however.

As an aside, I have attached my ACT scores, mind you my test scores were barely adequate to get into an ivy league school at the time.
These guys can’t even use the correct form of “your, you’re”. You’re just going to upset them!!

I am pretty sure Caffey doesn't have adequate test scores to get in to a school like Harvard, Yale, Princeton.
I really don't want to keep harping on your statement, and hopefully you can answer the question please:

Do you actually know Caffey's test scores when you made that statement?

You really didn't answer that point in your #193 post.

Do you actually know Caffey's test scores when you made that statement?
I don't know what his test scores are. I know getting a 34, 35 or 36 on the ACT is much more difficult than getting a 4.0, if you find out he in fact has an ACT that high, let me know.

Excellent post. I was going to explain the tier system but you nailed it.

Exactly...
However I do know statistics and the chances he has a 34, 35 or 36 ACT are not very good. Only .33% of students who take the ACT get a 36, .5% get a 35 and .67% get a 34, and you needed at least a 34 for normal admission to the ivy league schools I applied to, so only 1.5% of students have at least a 34 composite. Point being is I am sure he is a fine student, a fine football player and a fine individual whether he has a high ACT or not.

However I do know statistics and the chances he has a 34, 35 or 36 ACT are not very good. Only .33% of students who take the ACT get a 36, .5% get a 35 and .67% get a 34, and you needed at least a 34 for normal admission to the ivy league schools I applied to, so only 1.5% of students have at least a 34 composite. Point being is I am sure he is a fine student, a fine football player and a fine individual whether he has a high ACT or not.
The fact is you "prejudged the young man" without knowing the actual facts and you still don't.

I don't know his test scores just like I don't know the young man from LaBrae test scores that's going to an Ivy League school.

Last edited:
The fact is you prejudged the young man without knowing the actual facts and still don't.
The facts are only 1.5% of all students who take the ACT get a 34 or higher. The facts also are that only .5% of high school football players go on to play D-I (including I-AA which includes the Ivy League). So doing some math less than .0075% of all student athletes have the requisite ACT scores and the necessary talent.
Those are the facts, and I said all along I am sure he is a fine student-athlete, regardless of his test scores.

He’s got a big test coming Friday and odds are, that’s the only test he’s worrying about right now. Ivy League schools may be of no interest to him. Especially if someone offers a full ride at a big school where his family and friends can watch him on TV on Saturday afternoons!!! That means a lot to these kids.

It amazes me that certain posters come on this thread and take shots at a HS student. It's sad that having an obsessive dislike for Hubbard while trying to mask it like you're objective when it is easily detected that you are using a subjective narrative/agenda.

A few examples.
1. It was said that TC doesn't have enough speed and I posted he ran a 10.9 100 meter in track and a poster replys that it was hand timed. So what I think he finished 6th as a junior at the district which means he's pretty fast.
2.TC gets an offer from Kentucky and the we get deranged comments that it might be non-comittable like someone really knows outside of TC and UK. Has there ever been another athlete on a Yappi thread that was this scutinized on the status of his scholarship offer ?
3. It's posted that TC has a 4.0 GPA and some wondered why the ivy league hasn't offered. Then we get ridiculous replys about his tests scores. IF a players last name was Chang,Nguyen or Goldberg would someone ask what his test scores are ?

I rarely or never post on a thread of another school except Hubbard (I do read others)and I don't care if you do or not after all it's called a forum but don't act like you're being objective when all you care to do is post your garbage agenda. Did some of you have a intimate partner from Hubbard that dumped you? I'm sure there are some really good therapists in the valley.

TC is the leading rusher in the state of Ohio and 3rd in the nation with 267 yard average per game. You can chime in like an idiot and say the competition isn't that good and I would respond who else is putting up those numbers against similar competition. NO ONE.
He will have several more D1 offers before signing day and I hope he stays home and selects YSU .

Just to note Hubbard might have put more D1 running back than any other school in the last 20 years and TC is just the latest.

Anthony Smith - Syracuse/NFL although he was a safety.
L.J. Scott - MSU.
Shaun Lane - OSU. ended up as a special team star.
George Hill - Pitt . Illness ended his career.
Andre Givens - Bowling green.

It amazes me that certain posters come on this thread and take shots at a HS student. It's sad that having an obsessive dislike for Hubbard while trying to mask it like you're objective when it is easily detected that you are using a subjective narrative/agenda.

A few examples.
1. It was said that TC doesn't have enough speed and I posted he ran a 10.9 100 meter in track and a poster replys that it was hand timed. So what I think he finished 6th as a junior at the district which means he's pretty fast.
2.TC gets an offer from Kentucky and the we get deranged comments that it might be non-comittable like someone really knows outside of TC and UK. Has there ever been another athlete on a Yappi thread that was this scutinized on the status of his scholarship offer ?
3. It's posted that TC has a 4.0 GPA and some wondered why the ivy league hasn't offered. Then we get ridiculous replys about his tests scores. IF a players last name was Chang,Nguyen or Goldberg would someone ask what his test scores are ?

I rarely or never post on a thread of another school except Hubbard (I do read others)and I don't care if you do or not after all it's called a forum but don't act like you're being objective when all you care to do is post your garbage agenda. Did some of you have a intimate partner from Hubbard that dumped you? I'm sure there are some really good therapists in the valley.

TC is the leading rusher in the state of Ohio and 3rd in the nation with 267 yard average per game. You can chime in like an idiot and say the competition isn't that good and I would respond who else is putting up those numbers against similar competition. NO ONE.
He will have several more D1 offers before signing day and I hope he stays home and selects YSU .

Just to note Hubbard might have put more D1 running back than any other school in the last 20 years and TC is just the latest.

Anthony Smith - Syracuse/NFL although he was a safety.
L.J. Scott - MSU.
Shaun Lane - OSU. ended up as a special team star.
George Hill - Pitt . Illness ended his career.
Andre Givens - Bowling green.
? Well said by just presenting the facts.