New developments regarding the Mid-State League (08/04/22)

Will the bus be picking anyone up today?

Attachments

• 5FAF340E-15B7-4A68-B21F-C1E4DF80BD9A.jpeg
    5FAF340E-15B7-4A68-B21F-C1E4DF80BD9A.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 28
Guessing there is some confusion on the next step then. Let's play this out. The Cardinal is leaving, do they stay together to form a new league? Do they go with the Ohio and have two divisions?

Alright, at this point I’m just going to ratchet it down on my end.

As of 6:45pm, August 10th, 2022, the following schools are still in the MSL-Cardinal Division:

Berne Union
Bishop Rosecrans
Fairfield Christian
Fisher Catholic
Grove City Christian
Harvest Prep
Miller
Millersport

Rumors, or posts, to the contrary should NOT be understood to be statements of fact. If a change arises, it’ll get publicized by a media outlet via the AD’s confirmation.

I’m out until then.

OMG. That division would be a blood bath. Berne Union and maybe Fischer Catholic would be the only team to keep Harvest Prep under 60-70 points.

Supposing that the Cardinal, minus HP, leave, does that mean HP gets folded into the Buckeye since they are the only remaining team from the Ohio & Cardinal?

Supposing that the Cardinal, minus HP, leave, does that mean HP gets folded into the Buckeye since they are the only remaining team from the Ohio & Cardinal?
If that were to happen, the Buckeye division might very well leave (if hp would not) as a group and be yet another new conference. South Central Ohio League would fit and isn't being used right now. ?

If that were to happen, the Buckeye division might very well leave (if hp would not) as a group and be yet another new conference. South Central Ohio League would fit and isn't being used right now. ?
Wow - another blast from the past. Yep, remember seeing "SCOL" and "CBL" in the Cols Dispatch Saturday box scores and standings a half-century ago. Thanks for that memory!

Sure, why not? I hope HT lobbies for naming it the Metro League, though. :cool:

Not to change the subject but how have the scrimmages gone this weekend? Who will be good, who will be better than people think, who have been disappointing so far, and what players have stood out?

Dock, it is not unusual for school admin to be involved in these decisions, especially in smaller school districts. Often the spokesperson for the district is the superintendent plus a league change needs to be voted on by the school board. Principals attend conference meetings etc. This is coming from a person who has been an educator for almost 30 years and has also worked in the AD world.

*edit to add-I know HP is a private school but they have some board somewhere making decisions. Might look different than a public school board though.

The naming rights are to that league are owned by Wilmington. Very bad break up when that league went up in flames. Some coaches were not even notified it had happened. So South Central Ohio league will not happen unless they pay for it .

The naming rights are to that league are owned by Wilmington. Very bad break up when that league went up in flames. Some coaches were not even notified it had happened. So South Central Ohio league will not happen unless they pay for it .
South Central Ohio Conference has a nice ring to it then.