New Centerville Elk

Thought I would just share this. As most of you probably know by now, the greatest basketball champion of all-time, Bill Russell, passed away at age 88. He lived in the Seattle area.

Back in 1973, I was on the basketball team at Bellevue Community College, which is in the Seattle area. Our new gymnasium was just built, and Bill Russell was going to be the guest speaker for the opening of this gym and athletic complex.

After Bill Russell spoke, he walked into the big lobby area of the complex to talk with and greet people there. I've attached a photo of Bill Russell, and standing close by is myself (with the goatee) waiting to shake his hand. I also attached an article from the college newspaper about this event.

I played on the Bellevue Community College basketball team that upcoming season, as we were the first BCC team to play in that new beautiful gymnasium/sports complex.

Attachments

• Bill Russell BCC with me in photo 3:30:1973 2.jpg
    Bill Russell BCC with me in photo 3:30:1973 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Bill Russell to speak at opening of BCC Gymnasium.png
    Bill Russell to speak at opening of BCC Gymnasium.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 40
Hey, here's a look at my jump shot back in 1988, about a week before my 35th birthday. I'm about twice that age now, and still hooping!

No, A group of Elk may be a gang... much like a group of crows is a murder... but one crow is a crow and the plural of crow is crows and one elk is an elk and the plural of elk is elk.
Same with moose. The plural of moose is moose, as the plural of elk is elk. Seems like not a very good English program at Centerville.

people were open pass the ball
I've been shooting hoops for 66 years now (started when I was age 3). But I also developed some passing skills over the years. That jump shot I showed, I have a link to a video showing those games we played that day. I shortened the video from the original 43 minutes, down to around 20 minutes. I included all the shots scored in those 3 games, and the shots are in game sequence. Some of my co-workers and I at the post office decided to play in some basketball games that Saturday after work in 1988. You can read the full description that comes with the video. I was an old Elk in that video, but I'm twice that age now!

Last edited:
I've been shooting hoops for 66 years now (started when I was age 3). But I also developed some passing skills over the years. That jump shot I showed, I have a link to a video showing those games we played that day. I shortened the video from the original 43 minutes, down to around 20 minutes. I included all the shots scored in those 3 games, and the shots are in game sequence. Some of my co-workers and I at the post office decided to play in some basketball games that Saturday after work in 1988. You can read the full description that comes with the video. I was an old Elk in that video, but I'm twice that age now!
Al Bundy?