Neutral Sites CONFIRMED

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
time to start this thread again. please post regional semi-final sites as they are confirmed.

It's a rare chance but Van Wert - Clyde with Toledo sitting sort of in the middle.... Hope Waite puts in for a game though I imagine that game will go further south..

It's a rare chance but Van Wert - Clyde with Toledo sitting sort of in the middle.... Hope Waite puts in for a game though I imagine that game will go further south..
Toledo between Clyde and Van Wert?

Findlay is ideal, but FHS will be away. Maybe Bowling Green.

From an OHSAA memo Oct. 28 regarding the neutral sites for the regional football semifinal:
After this week’s games all contests will be on neutral sites. Neutral site hosts will be notified on Sunday, and are asked to contact the participating teams as soon as possible to explain game procedures.
a. There are fewer sites willing and able to host this year, travel for participating teams may be impacted. If another site is unavailable, one of the participating teams may be chosen to host per tournament regulation.

What do you think the reason is for fewer schools wanting to host?
Aren't they getting less money to host to pay workers?

Also I'd say, probably harder to get people to volunteer to work these games than It used to be. Gotta binge Netflix or something I'm sure.

Aren't they getting less money to host to pay workers?

Also I'd say, probably harder to get people to volunteer to work these games than It used to be. Gotta binge Netflix or something I'm sure.
They are getting the same amount as last year, though I don’t know how that compares to years before that.

Soccer moms thought they were wise to pick playoff games for their sport-specific ‘parents group’ time/service obligation toward the athletic department, because odds are their school won’t be hosting one. Fast forward to when they do. Its 40 degrees and those Lululemons aren’t going to keep the chops warm. No night shopping at Target and Rosé on the couch for you, Krystal!

"sort of" :D

"I imagine that game will go further south"

BG? that's only 15 minutes shorter than Waite for Van Wert and the exact same for Clyde? And not near as cool. :) Let me have my dreams.
I really like Molenkamp Stadium, but I am 25 minutes closer to BGHS.

Many years ago I watched Clyde play Oak Harbor in about a foot of snow at Waite.

Last edited:
What do you think the reason is for fewer schools wanting to host?
The juice isn't worth the squeeze. It often requires much more work on the site manager's part and a larger labor force than a regular home game. Many see it as better to just get the stadium buttoned up for the winter before the weather really turns ugly than it is to keep the utilities on a few more weeks for the sake of a couple thousand dollars.

My school didn't bid to host any games 3 seasons ago but ended up hosting one anyway after being begged to do so by the OHSAA.

Toledo between Clyde and Van Wert?

Findlay is ideal, but FHS will be away. Maybe Bowling Green.
But is it "Findlay High School" that hosts the playoff games or is it the Donnell Stadium itself. I was told the stadium itself is host for play off games. I really don't know but curious. If that is the case though, i can see VW/Clyde as this is perfect central spot

The juice isn't worth the squeeze. It often requires much more work on the site manager's part and a larger labor force than a regular home game. Many see it as better to just get the stadium buttoned up for the winter before the weather really turns ugly than it is to keep the utilities on a few more weeks for the sake of a couple thousand dollars.

My school didn't bid to host any games 3 seasons ago but ended up hosting one anyway after being begged to do so by the OHSAA.
Thank you to them for stepping up!

The school doesn't make enough money on it to be worthwhile.

It is an opportunity for the booster club to make some more money on concessions and parking, or whatever club handles that stuff. If they can organize the workers.

But is it "Findlay High School" that hosts the playoff games or is it the Donnell Stadium itself. I was told the stadium itself is host for play off games. I really don't know but curious. If that is the case though, i can see VW/Clyde as this is perfect central spot
The stadium is owned Findlay City Schools.

But is it "Findlay High School" that hosts the playoff games or is it the Donnell Stadium itself. I was told the stadium itself is host for play off games. I really don't know but curious. If that is the case though, i can see VW/Clyde as this is perfect central spot.
The site manager would probably be Nate Weihrauch, Findlay's AD who I suspect is the father of Sam. He could pull it off but it might be tough to pull off a Friday game.

What schools in the West Akron/Medina area usually host games? Trying to figure out where Green-Wooster might be