National Championship picks

Clyde Frog

With college football beginning tonight, I am wondering who everyone is picking to go to, and ultimately win, the BCS National Championship Game at the end of this season. Also, state a sleeper team you think has a chance to win the national title if you have one.

There is a lot of parity in college football this season, and I know I went back and forth as to whom I think will end up playing for the title. My national championship game pick is:

Alabama vs. Oregon

Alabama will have a nasty defense this year, along with a real good running game with Trent Richardson as the main RB. If 'Bama can get solid QB play from whoever ends up starting for them, I see them winning the SEC and playing in the National Championship Game. With Oregon, I think they beat LSU on Saturday and then their biggest test is Stanford, who I am not as high on as a lot of people are. Andrew Luck is great, but I don't know if Stanford will have the playmakers around him to keep up with Oregon, despite having what should be a good defense.

After it's all said and done, the national champion will be:

Alabama Crimson Tide

My sleeper team is Wisconsin. Russell Wilson is definitely going to help the offense in the passing game, and Wisconsin always seems to have a strong offensive line and running game. Wisconsin has some tough games, including traveling to Columbus to face Ohio State, but they do get Nebraska in Madison, and if they can win those two games, Wisconsin may get a shot to play for the title.

I dont see Alabama in the BCS championship game, they lost their QB and their heisman RB and all american WR, I think they will be good just not that good this year,next yr will be a different story though ! My sleeper team is Florida state as the seminoles are gonna be loaded this yr and their new QB has had ALOT of playing time in meaningful games last year...:shrug:

Oklahoma vs Oregon is my picks for the BCS championship game !

trolololo

I also don't see Alabama in it. Trent Richardson would have to have one of the best seasons a RB has ever had in the history of the game IMO if they were even to win the SEC.

Too early to tell, but I honestly believe Wisconsin has a shot after tonight. The defense left a bit to be desired though, admittedly. Oregon if they beat LSU, which they should.

Alabama is going to be TOUGH this year. Their defense will be insane and their offense will be good enough. They have QB questions, but their QB play was never a strength the last few years. They just depended on the run and solid playcalling.

I see Oregon or winner of Florida State and Oklahoma vs Alabama in the champ game...

Not that crazy of a dream MG2002. That week three matchup with the Sooners could be the spring board for the season. But I don't like that they go into Death Valley the following week.

Alabama vs. Oregon. Bama wins and every trailer wife in the state gets a reprieve from their drunken daily beat downs by their redneck husband/bf.

Wisconsin did look freaking awesome vs. UNLV. I just have a hard time seeing a B 10 team in the title game after OSU's debacles.

Wisky has a tough road though. If they go undefeated, they certainly deserve a NC shot; however, OSU looms...and we shall see if last year was a fluke or not.

I guess I just don't know enough about Alabama. They lose their QB of the past few years, Heisman running back, and star WR. They also lose Darius (sp?) on the defensive end who clearly was a HUGE talent. Now, Richardson is just as good as Ingram, but that's A LOT to lose and still be considered a NC favorite. What gives?

I guess I just don't know enough about Alabama. They lose their QB of the past few years, Heisman running back, and star WR. They also lose Darius (sp?) on the defensive end who clearly was a HUGE talent. Now, Richardson is just as good as Ingram, but that's A LOT to lose and still be considered a NC favorite. What gives?

I understand the concerns, but I don't think their QB needs to do much. Just manage the game, many believe Richardson is as good if not better then Ingram. The D is suppose to be better, so they will rely on the D and run game which, with the talent they have, could be enough. Personally, I see them losing to an SEC team that should not beat them, it will be a bit of a surprise.