Napoleon Died 200 years ago. Is he the goat of mankind over the last 250 years.

Politically astute but not knowing his lane might be a better description? A nincompoop might rise to power in a monarchy but I can't imagine an idiot doing what he did. He expertly used the fear of communism to rise outside of and inspite of the military establishment and remnants of monarchy. Why him? Those old videos, we've been raised to see as caricatures so it's difficult for us to see but back then, that must have been some charisma.

Of course, a nincompoop as far as military strategy. He was a master orator and propagandist

Of course, a nincompoop as far as military strategy. He was a master orator and propagandist

No doubt but hard for me to imagine when watching those films. They've been mimiced by comics my entire life and of course knowing his end-game, that's all I see when I watch them. Even if my German was better, I don't think I'd ever see those speeches the way the German people did.

I say that Napoleon started left, moved to the center and ended up right of center after putting the crown on his head. Some say that if he had married someone other than Josephine and had children it would have slowed him down? He married her to help his political position and one of the best quote's in a bio of Nap's is " Josephine had the prettiest little P****".