MVL 2023-24

The MVL went 10 - 28 in non league games this season , and no one had a Curtis or Gordan , if you have players of that caliber by all means schedule up in the non league games. Sidney won 15 games with 1 6' 4" kid and no bench which shows how average the league was overall. Next year teams will be in D3 OR D4 so hopefully there'll be more tourney wins but I don't see the combo of guard play and size needed to make a long tourney run by anyone in the league. Sidney has 4 starters returning but no one over 6' 2" in the entire program , what's everyone else have returning. Congrats to Tipp for winning the league and good luck to everyone in spring sports.

Make it fun for the kids. I know kids would rather play (and lose) to Wayne or Centerville, than play Greenville or Xenia twice a year.
Also look at game attendance. Fans don't care either!

ButlerParent: is the rumor true that Butler cancelled the Franklin game so they wouldn't have a losing record this year?
No its a lie

Also no they would not rather get crushed by Wayne or Centerville. Why does everyone think those schools are so great? They beat up on MVL teams and you guys think that is the best. Then they play other schools their size and get whipped. Wayne and Springboro got killed last weekend. Centerville recruits too well to let that happen. Maybe GWOC schools should start playing less league games and get tougher nonleague so Wayne dont get beat 61-42 by Elder.

Name the big DI school that a GWOC school has beaten in the tourney this year. Here is who they beat so far.
Piqua
Butler
Tecumseh
Monroe
West Carrolton
Troy
Belmont
Xenia
Stebbins
Middletown

Last edited:
No its a lie

Also no they would not rather get crushed by Wayne or Centerville. Why does everyone think those schools are so great? They beat up on MVL teams and you guys think that is the best. Then they play other schools their size and get whipped. Wayne and Springboro got killed last weekend. Centerville recruits too well to let that happen. Maybe GWOC schools should start playing less league games and get tougher nonleague so Wayne dont get beat 61-42 by Elder.

Name the big DI school that a GWOC school has beaten in the tourney this year. Here is who they beat so far.
Piqua
Butler
Tecumseh
Monroe
West Carrolton
Troy
Belmont
Xenia
Stebbins
Middletown
There are not many schools bigger than a GWOC school. Unless I am missing something there are not many options out there to fit your statement?

There are not many schools bigger than a GWOC school. Unless I am missing something there are not many options out there to fit your statement?
Its an hour drive from Springboro to Sidney. Its an hour drive from Greenville to Centerville. Its a 35 minute drive from Northmont to Xenia. Its a 50 minute drive from Springfield to Piqua.

So if the GWOC schools can do these drives then why cant they drive to Cincinnati and play Fairfield Middletown Hamilton Colerain Sycamore or Lakota East and West? Why cant they drive an hour to Columbus and play the schools from Hilliard Dublin Pickerington or other like them?

Sure seems like there are plenty of options. Princeton Mason Upper Arlington Gahanna Westerville all have schools that are an hour drive that the GWOC schools could play. Why do you say there arent options?

Its an hour drive from Springboro to Sidney. Its an hour drive from Greenville to Centerville. Its a 35 minute drive from Northmont to Xenia. Its a 50 minute drive from Springfield to Piqua.

So if the GWOC schools can do these drives then why cant they drive to Cincinnati and play Fairfield Middletown Hamilton Colerain Sycamore or Lakota East and West? Why cant they drive an hour to Columbus and play the schools from Hilliard Dublin Pickerington or other like them?

Sure seems like there are plenty of options. Princeton Mason Upper Arlington Gahanna Westerville all have schools that are an hour drive that the GWOC schools could play. Why do you say there arent options?
Some of those ideas are pretty good ideas, couple thoughts Northmont played Winton Woods and Alter I think that counts. So Northmont would be up to 16 games. Nothing wrong playing a Tipp, Troy on a Tuesday school night.

Fairmont did play a Sycamore, Elder, Alter, Fairfield that puts them to 18 games

Is that enough for those two schools?

Some of those ideas are pretty good ideas, couple thoughts Northmont played Winton Woods and Alter I think that counts. So Northmont would be up to 16 games. Nothing wrong playing a Tipp, Troy on a Tuesday school night.

Fairmont did play a Sycamore, Elder, Alter, Fairfield that puts them to 18 games

Is that enough for those two schools?
Dont know but it shows the MVL teams dont need to play GWOC teams.