MVL 2023-24

The Greenville basketball team is now 0-7. Arcanum crushed them. Maybe if they just ran a different offense in basketball they wouldnt lose by 30 points to Arcanum. If they slow it down play four corners then they would only lose by 20. Isnt that what you guys are saying?

Offensive scheme is not the issue. Talent. There is no talent. Its not the coach. Its not the offense. There is no talent. Your basketball team is getting beat by 30 almost every night.

Again...it isn't about winning the league. Is about getting some first downs, burning some clock, and not having a -322 point differential.
I bet if a coach ran that style offense the kids would come out for football in droves. They would have over 100 on the roster.

Or in a few years you would be on here complaining that the numbers are low because the kids dont like the offense the coach uses.

Greenville,like all schools can not afford having some of there best athletes walking the halls or transferring to another school, If not mistaken 3 of Greenvilles basketball players transfered to Franklin Monroe. If they play other sports that compounds the problem, especially if your'e short of athletes to begin with. Greenvilles softball team has a long time successful coach ,most if not all play travel ball and they attract players from other schools, they have the commitment from all involved to be successful. The new coach needs that same commitment from the kids ,parents , school and community to build a successful program , talent will dictate how successful. How many have watched junior high games where 7 ,8 , 9 kids play both ways the whole game and come their junior or senior year some of those two way players aren't playing any longer. Going undefeated in junior high means nothing as a high school senior, keeping and developing those junior high kids will , see Marion Local.

Anybody know anything about this...wonder if it will effect his coaching?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103-190835_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103-190835_Messages.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 166
Pending approval at tonight's school board meeting, Sean Ford will be the next head football coach at Greenville. He has been an assistant at Tri Village the last several years.
What did he coach there? OC? DC? I know Brett Sloane has been a good assistant there and been apart of growing that program. That seems like a good choice with Tri Village starting football not that long ago and now having success.

What did he coach there? OC? DC? I know Brett Sloane has been a good assistant there and been apart of growing that program. That seems like a good choice with Tri Village starting football not that long ago and now having success.
He (Sean) was DC and LB coach during the 2020 season then resigned. He came back this year (2023 season) as WR/LB coach. I think he was DC at Bethel before that under Clodfelter.

Brett Sloane has been the DC since 2021. Not sure what he was before that but has been with the program since the beginning I think

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about this...wonder if it will effect his coaching?
This seems a little sketchy. I can think of a dozen reasons to "put hands on a student" during an exercise/lifting class. It could be something completely innocent (i.e. correcting form) that is taken the wrong way or something really bad and everywhere inbetween. Maybe nothing is being said/done until they investigate completely?

It never used to be this way. We always at the very least would compete. It seems to be a problem in most of the sports if we're just hiring coaches as placeholders. I'd love to see some of that softball program mojo spread out across the board.
Greenville was always our toughest game in the old SWBL. Milton-Greenville was a war. They had big, athletic kids from farms like Versailles did. Today, those kids are either unable to play or they are doing other things.
I hate to see Greenville down for so long. That was a great program. Our only loss in our 9-1 season in 1981.

Sean Ford is a Tipp graduate and son in law of Scott Clodfelter. He began coaching at Bethel under Clodfelter, then spent a year at Tipp in 2019 under Burgbacher, then went to Tri Village. Young energetic guy with lots of great connections and tutelages (Clodfelter, both Burgbachers)

Last edited:
Best of luck to Ford at Greenville. I remember watching him in HS while he played at Tipp- he was a hell of a player and went through some tough personal circumstances with the loss of both of his parents. I have heard nothing but great things about his character and energy. Greenville got a good one, hopefully he can turn things around.

If these allegations are true the Xenia job will be opening up soon I would assume. I wonder the timetable of such an investigation

If these allegations are true the Xenia job will be opening up soon I would assume. I wonder the timetable of such an investigation
The artice said he admitted to the incidents occuring but his intentions were good (I'm paraphrasing). If that's the case, you'd think the spot would be open after the next board meeting. Guy admitted to it, and coaching contracts are usually only 1 year

Some truth to it if they suspended him for 3 days already....with the understanding that he would be fired if any future incidents happened again. Guess it needs to happen to another student for them to respond.

This Deskins guy is a real treat. A student with a disability needs to learn how to handle conflict better. But let’s not fire the teacher who is three times his size pushing him to the ground and physically abusing him.

This Deskins guy is a real treat. A student with a disability needs to learn how to handle conflict better. But let’s not fire the teacher who is three times his size pushing him to the ground and physically abusing him.
It's mind boggling how this guy can rise to the level of superintendent. He has a teacher admitting to the abuse and yet it looks like he's attempting to turn it around on the kid.

The thing that stands out to me is...he says it's the culture in his classroom....wow what is the culture of his football team if he can even lead his classroom...mind boggling....I know some kids in the class and they Said it's all true...sad.