MVL 2023-24

Where on the disappointment scale does Xenia’s season rank? I’d imagine they came into the season with high hopes despite the first round exit last year. They had some transfers and appeared to have things going in a very positive direction. I saw Lima Senior beat them tonight, 42-32.

Troy should definitely win against Lima Sr.
Butler should definitely lose to Wapakoneta
Tipp is the favorite against CJ, but it will probably be a good game and not a guaranteed win

I think the Wapak butler game will be pretty close. Butlers D will likely keep them in the game. Troy will likely be favored but again we’re short handed right now.

I think the Wapak butler game will be pretty close. Butlers D will likely keep them in the game. Troy will likely be favored but again we’re short handed right now.
No, Wapakoneta will beat Butler. The Aviators are undisciplined and commit too many penalties to stay with Wapak.
Wapakoneta beat Elida 44-3. Wapakoneta lost to Marion Local by 3 points. That tells me all I need to know.
Wapak 42-20

No, Wapakoneta will beat Butler. The Aviators are undisciplined and commit too many penalties to stay with Wapak.
Wapakoneta beat Elida 44-3. Wapakoneta lost to Marion Local by 3 points. That tells me all I need to know.
Wapak 42-20
I didn’t say beat I said it’ll be close. But they could also win. What about losing to Defiance? I see a 14-7 or 17-7 type of low scoring game

I think the remaining MVL teams are going to have trouble next Friday. Is Ward possibly going to be available vs Lima Sr? That will change their odds, my fear with Lima Sr is can Troy deal with the speed? The grass/mud field will help . Tipp can beat C.J. if they can frustrate them which i'm sure they can. I think both teams should be favored and if Troy has Ward both "should" win but I think both may have to fight to earn their chance to get beat in week 13. As for Butler, I think they have had a really good 2023 season and it will come to a crashing halt at home vs Wapak.

I think the remaining MVL teams are going to have trouble next Friday. Is Ward possibly going to be available vs Lima Sr? That will change their odds, my fear with Lima Sr is can Troy deal with the speed? The grass/mud field will help . Tipp can beat C.J. if they can frustrate them which i'm sure they can. I think both teams should be favored and if Troy has Ward both "should" win but I think both may have to fight to earn their chance to get beat in week 13. As for Butler, I think they have had a really good 2023 season and it will come to a crashing halt at home vs Wapak.

I don’t believe Ward is playing. However Troy Should still be a considerable favorite. I don’t think they’re in any type of real danger until week 3 or the postseason. But we shall see. But again don’t count on Ward playing. He was just on crutches. Tipp is going to have their hands full with CJ. But I would still favor them to win. As long as they can stop the run they’ll be fine.

I don’t believe Ward is playing. However Troy Should still be a considerable favorite. I don’t think they’re in any type of real danger until week 3 or the postseason. But we shall see. But again don’t count on Ward playing. He was just on crutches. Tipp is going to have their hands full with CJ. But I would still favor them to win. As long as they can stop the run they’ll be fine.
I don’t think we will have any problem with CJ. Even on a neutral field I would take Tipp by a bushel. This will be the Red Devils by 3+ touchdowns. Tight first quarter and then turnovers will open the floodgates.

I don’t think we will have any problem with CJ. Even on a neutral field I would take Tipp by a bushel. This will be the Red Devils by 3+ touchdowns. Tight first quarter and then turnovers will open the floodgates.
I wouldn’t be so dismissive of CJ’s talent and scheme. While the Burgbachers have plenty of experience playing Earle White (Tipp vs. Thurgood 2012, and Troy vs Belmont a couple times), this CJ team can really run the ball and control the clock. While Tipp is playing their best ball offensively, it will be a challenge. If Tipp starts turning the ball over things could get ugly quick.

I wouldn’t be so dismissive of CJ’s talent and scheme. While the Burgbachers have plenty of experience playing Earle White (Tipp vs. Thurgood 2012, and Troy vs Belmont a couple times), this CJ team can really run the ball and control the clock. While Tipp is playing their best ball offensively, it will be a challenge. If Tipp starts turning the ball over things could get ugly quick.
I agree, I think it will be more about Tipps offense vs CJs defense. Turnovers will be the deciding factor. If CJ can stop the run it could be a close game until the end.

Cael practically sleeps with a football in his hands he won’t turn the ball over. I think our boys on D will be able to force CJ to turnover. Not trying to be overconfident but I feel quite strongly that we will be up for this one and will win big. Seniors last game in front of the home fans. Always a bittersweet one but this will be a very very fun night. Horns up!

Cael practically sleeps with a football in his hands he won’t turn the ball over. I think our boys on D will be able to force CJ to turnover. Not trying to be overconfident but I feel quite strongly that we will be up for this one and will win big. Seniors last game in front of the home fans. Always a bittersweet one but this will be a very very fun night. Horns up!
That’s it Ridin’ ?!?

Surely you have some statistical blabber we need to ponder about and let sink in to our simple minds. Ooohhh ooooh maybe how many hours minutes & seconds since tips last home loss at the beautiful city park with the nfl grade turf? Or burbachers amazing record vs CJ brahhaha

btw CJ fans you might want to bring your own portable urinal (long lines at 2 portopots).

That’s it Ridin’ ?!?

Surely you have some statistical blabber we need to ponder about and let sink in to our simple minds. Ooohhh ooooh maybe how many hours minutes & seconds since tips last home loss at the beautiful city park with the nfl grade turf? Or burbachers amazing record vs CJ brahhaha

btw CJ fans you might want to bring your own portable urinal (long lines at 2 portopots).
Well since you asked it’s been 1,131 days since Tipp has lost at City Park and that was to a good Piqua team at a pretty empty City Park stadium. I wasn’t there because it was the COVID season and only family of players could be there. Show me a team that has had mastery over Coach Burgbacher I’ll wait. But here’s the thing buckaroo you won’t be able to. Coach is as reliable as a Swiss watch. This team is as constant as the Northern Star. I love the fact that people still doubt this team and it’s people like you that will still be walking out of stadiums all the way through November stumbling and bumbling in confusion about what just happened. If you want more numbers don’t hesitate to ask. I worked 47 years as an Actuary so me and numbers are like peas and carrots.

Well since you asked it’s been 1,131 days since Tipp has lost at City Park and that was to a good Piqua team at a pretty empty City Park stadium. I wasn’t there because it was the COVID season and only family of players could be there. Show me a team that has had mastery over Coach Burgbacher I’ll wait. But here’s the thing buckaroo you won’t be able to. Coach is as reliable as a Swiss watch. This team is as constant as the Northern Star. I love the fact that people still doubt this team and it’s people like you that will still be walking out of stadiums all the way through November stumbling and bumbling in confusion about what just happened. If you want more numbers don’t hesitate to ask. I worked 47 years as an Actuary so me and numbers are like peas and carrots.
Tipp has been really consistent since young Burgbacher took over in 2020. They get more out of the talent than anyone in the league in all sports, but especially football. They are the most disciplined team I have seen in some time. The kids do exactly what they are coached to do and few mistakes are made even when a team is more athletic than them. Their offseason program and buy in from the kids is best in the Miami Valley. I will say this, the sample size is too small right now, but Jeff Jenkins of Bellbrook seems to have at least an upper hand on Burgbacher right now.

Tipp has been really consistent since young Burgbacher took over in 2020. They get more out of the talent than anyone in the league in all sports, but especially football. They are the most disciplined team I have seen in some time. The kids do exactly what they are coached to do and few mistakes are made even when a team is more athletic than them. Their offseason program and buy in from the kids is best in the Miami Valley. I will say this, the sample size is too small right now, but Jeff Jenkins of Bellbrook seems to have at least an upper hand on Burgbacher right now.
Bellbrook has been a tough nut to crack for sure!

The only thing that tastes better than Eagle roasting on a pitchfork over the glowing coals of brimstone is VICTORY. If you can’t tell I’m pretty jazzed for tonight boys and girls. If the team you root for is not playing tonight get on out to City Park and cheer on the Red Devils. Not enough seats you say? Not a problem we ain’t gonna be sitting because we will be up cheering all night. Grab a spot along the fence and I guarantee you will be amazed. Show me a field that can get you closer to the action. You can’t! Horns up baby let’s rock and roll! 🤘

Looks like Tipp and Troy advance, Butler couldn't hang with Wapak.

Tipp gets Celina, which could be interesting (Piqua or Sidney as the location?)

Troy getting Withrow feels like a tall task.

Looks like a Tipp vs Badin regional final rematch may be on the horizon. It is always funny going back into these threads and reading about how Tipp won’t be very good, or go very far in the playoffs. For one of the best and most consistent programs in the area, people seem to always doubt.

Looks like a Tipp vs Badin regional final rematch may be on the horizon. It is always funny going back into these threads and reading about how Tipp won’t be very good, or go very far in the playoffs. For one of the best and most consistent programs in the area, people seem to always doubt.
To be fair, the Tipp team that started this season didn't look like a team that would go too far. Losing pretty convincingly to Bellbrook, then trailing Fairborn at the half was an ugly way to start the season. Clearly they've improved vastly from there, and now are playing their best football at the right moment.

Looks like Tipp and Troy advance, Butler couldn't hang with Wapak.

Tipp gets Celina, which could be interesting (Piqua or Sidney as the location?)

Troy getting Withrow feels like a tall task.
Probably is a tall task. Ya never know though. One common opponent in Lima Sr. Withrow won 42-6 and Troy 42-15. And that was without their best player and also stalling at the end to just milk the clock. Might be closer than some think.

Tipp will have their hands full next week. Caught some breaks tonight with CJ having some timely penalties and bad turnovers. Tipp was gassed in the 4th. Hope CJs stud RB is alright. Scary moment late in the game.