MVAC Scarlet Tier

My guess would be a NAC team, likely Mathews, that would be for football only. I don’t see Windham wanting to join.
Windham is going to end up in 8 man. Southington too, possibly St. John. They could joind Sebring and start a league

Seems like there is some merit to Mathews replacing Sebring for football. On arbiter Mathews varsity for 2023 has games listed against Lowellville, Springfield, and Ridge in the spots where Sebring would have been. But maybe even more telling is their middle school schedule is the entire MVAC.

Last edited:
Seems like there is some merit to Mathews replacing Sebring for football. On arbiter Mathews varsity for 2023 has games listed against Lowellville, Springfield, and Ridge in the spots where Sebring would have been. But maybe even more telling is their middle school schedule is the entire MVAC.
I've not heard anything, but right now its hard to go against that schedule......

Good move for the Trojans as long as they can deal with the travel
Yeah it is going to be a lot of travel and quite expensive. I wonder if they will only end up playing say a 6 or 7 game schedule. I am sure they are banking on relatively soon some more closer schools joining. It'll be interesting to see if in a few years their numbers increase and they get back to around 20 or so if they will stick to 8-man, play a hybrid schedule, or fully go back to 11-man.

So there are just 2 remaining with Lowellville and Springfield both advancing. Ridge was competitive with CCC into the 2nd half but the crusaders pulled away and JM was blown away by Dalton.

Here is the updated records:
1. Lowellville 11-0
2. Springfield 7-4
3. Mineral Ridge 8-3
4. Jackson-Milton 7-4
5. McDonald 3-7
5. Waterloo 3-7
5. Western Reserve 3-7
8. Sebring 0-10

Week12:

Springfield 7-4 at JFK 9-1
Lucas 5-6 at Lowellville 11-0

Mathews likes beating up on the worst teams in the state and then getting run by 50 in the playoffs too much to join a league where they would go 2-8 every year.
Actually beefed up non league schedule next season adding MR, Springfield, NF and Southeast

BERLIN CTR W. RESERVE
1 - (H) Malvern
2 - @ Conneaut
3 - (H) Columbiana
4 - @ McDonald
5 - (H) Lowellville
6 -
7 - @ New Middletown Springfield
8 - (H) Waterloo
9 - (H) Mineral Ridge
10 - @ Jackson-Milton

JACKSON-MILTON
1 - (H) Mathews
2 - @ Newton Falls
3 - (H) Windham
4 - @ Mineral Ridge
5 - (H) McDonald
6 - @ New Middletown Springfield
7 - (H) Waterloo
8 - @ Lowellville
9 - @ Fairport Harding
10 - (H) Berlin Center Western Reserve

LOWELLVILLE
1 - @ Columbiana
2 - (H) Campbell Memorial
3 - @ Tuscarawas Central Catholic
4 - @ Mathews
5 - @ Berlin Center Western Reserve
6 - (H) Mineral Ridge
7 - (H) McDonald
8 - (H) Jackson-Milton
9 - @ Waterloo
10 - (H) New Middletown Springfield

McDONALD
1 - (H) Salineville Southern
2 - (H) Columbiana
3 - @ Campbell Memorial
4 - (H) Berlin Center Western Reserve
5 - @ Jackson-Milton
6 - @ Waterloo
7 - @ Lowellville
8 - (H) Windham
9 - (H) New Middletown Springfield
10 - @ Mineral Ridge

MINERAL RIDGE
1 - (H) Pymatuning Valley
2 - @ Orange
3 - @ St. Thomas Aquinas
4 - (H) Jackson-Milton
5 - (H) Waterloo
6 - @ Lowellville
7 - (H) Mathews
8 - @ New Middletown Springfield
9 - @ Berlin Center Western Reserve
10 - (H) McDoanld

NEW MIDDLETOWN SPRINGFIELD
1 - (H) South Range
2 - @ Brookfield
3 - @ Geneva
4 - (H) Waterloo
5 - @ Mathews
6 - (H) Jackson-Milton
7 - (H) Berlin Center Western Reserve
8 - (H) Mineral Ridge
9 - @ McDonald
10 - @ Lowellville

WATERLOO
1 - @ United
2 - @ Leetonia
3 - (H) David Anderson
4 - @ New Middletown Springfield
5 - @ Mineral Ridge
6 - (H) McDonald
7 - @ Jackson-Milton
8 - @ Berlin Center Western Reserve
9 - (H) Lowellville
10 -

Last edited:
Would MVAC ever expand to accept Mogadore, Ravenna or Ravenna Southeast?? I know they passed on them before but added former Portage Trail Garrettsville Garfield.

If that is what you want, but I trust the songs of my little birds. they never bring me bad tunes.
Be a great fit other than Springfield and MR that is close to being D5 they can compete with the rest of the league. I know the commissioner met with Mathews and was told not interested at this time but did notice they scheduled MR and Springfield so who knows.

Would MVAC ever expand to accept Mogadore, Ravenna or Ravenna Southeast?? I know they passed on them before but added former Portage Trail Garrettsville Garfield.
Brookfield and the GMen are the only two that year in and year out can compete with Mogadore, can’t see the rest of the league wanting anything to do with Mogadore football wise.

I could see southeast, but they wouldn’t add Mogadore too many teams would complain lol

Mathews likes beating up on the worst teams in the state and then getting run by 50 in the playoffs too much to join a league where they would go 2-8 every year.
Yeah Mathews is no JFK... we don't have all the recruits in Trumbull County, and we haven't pissed off almost every school in Trumbull County to the point where they won't put you in a league with them, or schedule you unless its a last resort. We play with what we have, who is on the schedule, and lucky enough we still even have a team, so I won't knock it. Will just have to deal with more yahoo's like you that just like to hear yourself talk...

Yeah Mathews is no JFK... we don't have all the recruits in Trumbull County, and we haven't pissed off almost every school in Trumbull County to the point where they won't put you in a league with them, or schedule you unless its a last resort. We play with what we have, who is on the schedule, and lucky enough we still even have a team, so I won't knock it. Will just have to deal with more yahoo's like you that just like to hear yourself talk...
Remind me again what was Mathews CB number? And if you mean piss off because we beat them then yes your right.......Merry Christmas!

Werent they playing 8 man football a couple years ago and on the verge of canceling their program? Who did you expect them to schedule?

Why would they do that? That doesn’t seem like a good idea. Probably 0-4 in those games
Playing non leagues vs. Jackson Milton, Southeast, Newton Falls, Lowellville, Springfield, and Mineral Ridge... Give them credit for strengthening the schedule a bit... Playing the league schedule, those non league opponents are just going to be using Mathews as a points cow.... See what players return next year after we see who new coach will be.