Mr Basketball Nominees?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
List the names of players that you feel will be in the running for Mr Basketball on Ohio this season...

Jerry Easter has a case as well he and Peterson are two spectacular sophomores
I agree that these are the two best players in the State. Cupps will likely win, and while he absolutely would be a deserving winner, IMO he had a stronger year last year. But if he and Powell split some Centerville votes, then maybe one of the youngsters can take the trophy!

I agree that these are the two best players in the State. Cupps will likely win, and while he absolutely would be a deserving winner, IMO he had a stronger year last year. But if he and Powell split some Centerville votes, then maybe one of the youngsters can take the trophy!
Competitiveness and smarts still seems undervalued to me. I was glad to see Cupps win last year, even if not considered the best "basketball" player, which seems to entale running faster, jumping higher....

I'm looking at Indiana, that made some short skinny kid Mr. Basketball even though he was poorly recruited. He's now leading as a Fr the number one team (as fake as that is) in the nation.

It's Cupp's again unless he loses it I hope. Easter has raw talent for sure but is in a situation where he is letting his teammates play. That's to his credit, though IMO doesn't gain Mr. BBall points unless he can get them to states without putting it all on his own back. The other kid IDK him.

If Easter's team makes a run showing some balance, five participating, being a patriot I'd throw my unmeaning vote his way. Until and unless, grudgingly going with the cow town area kid.

Definitely I wouldn't be mad at Lawrent Rice getting it as well

VS Wayne and Rice, Washington outscored him 39 to 11 and CJ won. I was there. Looked like a Big Ten player vs a Murray State recruit. That said, I do think that Rice is very good, but no real comparison to Washington. Go on the GCL coed website and check out Washington’s stats. I doubt few players in Ohio can match them.

Cupps will win it, but he shouldn't. Not having as good a season this year, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a great player. It should be Darryn Peterson this year.

Peterson plays in a hack league. There isn't and will not be anyone there that would give him any competition. Hence, the gaudy numbers. Would love to see what he could do in the Federal League. Should go to player that has to work every night, every game. Not saying he doesn't work, he just doesn't have to!!

Easter is definitely impressive but Peterson gets my vote without hesitation. So smooth and efficient on both ends of the court. Great demeanor as well.

Peterson plays in a hack league. There isn't and will not be anyone there that would give him any competition. Hence, the gaudy numbers. Would love to see what he could do in the Federal League. Should go to player that has to work every night, every game. Not saying he doesn't work, he just doesn't have to!!
He could play for Our Lady of the Elms - he'd still be the best/most talented player in the state.

Cupps will win it, but he shouldn't. Not having as good a season this year, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a great player. It should be Darryn Peterson this year.

I wanted to look at this.

Cupps is averaging more points, rebounds, and steals this year than he did last year. He is shooting better at the foul line.

He is averaging the same number of assists.

He shot the 3 better last year (44% vs 40%). A:TO was better last year, and is 3.7:1 this year.

Competitiveness and smarts still seems undervalued to me. I was glad to see Cupps win last year, even if not considered the best "basketball" player, which seems to entale running faster, jumping higher....

I'm looking at Indiana, that made some short skinny kid Mr. Basketball even though he was poorly recruited. He's now leading as a Fr the number one team (as fake as that is) in the nation.

It's Cupp's again unless he loses it I hope. Easter has raw talent for sure but is in a situation where he is letting his teammates play. That's to his credit, though IMO doesn't gain Mr. BBall points unless he can get them to states without putting it all on his own back. The other kid IDK him.

If Easter's team makes a run showing some balance, five participating, being a patriot I'd throw my unmeaning vote his way. Until and unless, grudgingly going with the cow town area kid.
If you don't know the other kid who is a top 5 player in his class, your opinion means little. It just shows predisposed bias IMO.

If you don't know the other kid who is a top 5 player in his class, your opinion means little. It just shows predisposed bias IMO.
Exactly Darryn is the highest rated guard in the sophomore class in the country and last I saw #4 overall in that class. IF you don't care to know the highest rated player in the state regardless of class your opinion is clearly skewed

Saw Darryn P last Friday. Said at halftime that he'd get my vote for Mr. Basketball if I had one. I know, I know. I haven't seen everyone, and haven't done my homework. He'd get my vote right now. If Cupps or someone else gets it, no problem. But Darryn Peterson is a rare talent. More Kobe than Bron in my estimation, at least at this point as a sophomore.

eeehhh… this is sort of an incomplete characterization of Fletcher Loyer. I get what you’re saying but he wasn’t an unknown commodity by any means. Him and his older brother both fit into the cache of “not a high recruit prospect on measurables and position versatility; but someone who could work for Izzo or Painter.”

eeehhh… this is sort of an incomplete characterization of Fletcher Loyer. I get what you’re saying but he wasn’t an unknown commodity by any means. Him and his older brother both fit into the cache of “not a high recruit prospect on measurables and position versatility; but someone who could work for Izzo or Painter.”

Braden Smith.