Most Future NFL Players in an Ohio HS game.

Winton Woods vs Mt Healthy playoff game in 2013 had 3 NFL players who all are playing on NFL teams THIS season.
I guess I could be remembering wrong as I get older but don't think so.
Mike Edwards Winton Woods - KC Chiefs / University of Kentucky

David Long Jr. Winton Woods - Miami Dolphins / West Virginia

David Montgomery Mt Healthy - Detroit Lions / Iowa State

I always get Montgomery in my fantasy football leagues. He alweays produces, plus being an Ohio native is a bonus!

Minster 2011, 2012 and 2013 teams all had both Ethan and Eli Wolf, so two NFL'ers. Now if we just had an opponent with two more, that would be a great fit for this category, but I fear I see no such team on those schedules.

https://massillontigers.com/2011/10/07/2011-Massillon-37-red-lion-christian-academy-de-14/

Massillon vs Red Lion Christian Acadamy

Gareon Conley- Oakland Raiders / Ohio State University

Daikiel Shorts- Buffalo Bills / West Virginia University

Brandon Rusnak- Jacksonville Jaguars / Michigan

Eli Ankou- Buffalo Bills / UCLA

Kenny Biglow- New Orleans Saints / West Virginia University

Wendell Smallwood- Philadelphia Eagles / West Virginia University

David Sills- Buffalo Bills/ West Virginia University

Last edited:
Tom Campana and his older brother Al were in the very first group inducted into Hubbard's HOF. His bio stated that he'd coached 8 future NFL players.

I think he coached at least one of them at Ravenna. He was HC there before he went to Kent Roosevelt. I think his son Tom Jr. played in that game I mentioned above along with Mr. Deleone & Company for Roosevelt. I didn't mention him because I don't think he ever played in the NFL. I believe he was drafted by the Cardinals out of Ohio St. & I know he played in the CFL for a few years but I don't think he ever actually played in the NFL.

Great thread! I don’t know who had the most pros in a single year. However on a similar note, 1971 Troy Trojans had 20 collegiate players (15 D1) with 3 NFL players. This is in one class. Not the team. Class.

Considered by a panel to the be the best Miami Valley football team of all time.

Of course this was 1 year prior to the playoffs so this team never got to prove its dominance.

pretty neat article on it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_High_School_(Ohio)

Winton Woods vs Mt Healthy playoff game in 2013 had 3 NFL players who all are playing on NFL teams THIS season.
I guess I could be remembering wrong as I get older but don't think so.
Mike Edwards Winton Woods - KC Chiefs / University of Kentucky

David Long Jr. Winton Woods - Miami Dolphins / West Virginia

David Montgomery Mt Healthy - Detroit Lions / Iowa State

Long tackled Derrick Henry for a loss on the very first play of tonight's Dolphins-Titans game.

Great thread! I don’t know who had the most pros in a single year. However on a similar note, 1971 Troy Trojans had 20 collegiate players (15 D1) with 3 NFL players. This is in one class. Not the team. Class.

Considered by a panel to the be the best Miami Valley football team of all time.

Of course this was 1 year prior to the playoffs so this team never got to prove its dominance.

pretty neat article on it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_High_School_(Ohio)
I remember discussing this Troy team with you before. I had never heard of their success before you posted about them and I am pretty sure I didn’t know anything about Troy growing up in Warren. It makes me wonder if the AP got it right in 1971 ;-)

I believe the 2011 Pickerington Central vs Pickerington North game had at least 6 players reach the NFL. Central had Roger Lewis, Taco Charlton, and a young Davon Hamilton (not sure exactly when he started playing). Jacoby Boren was also on that team, but I don’t think he ever made a roster. North had Pat Elflein, Godwin Igwebuike, and Jake Butt.

That's the one of the first games I thought of when I saw this thread, along with 1970 Massillon games. I believe McK & Ignatius played each other in the regular season every year from 1994-99 and in the playoffs in 94, 96, 97 & 98. That would have covered all of those guys. McK won twice in 97 and in the playoffs in 98. Ignatius won the other 7 games.

I remember you posting about that Glenville group also. The entire Cleveland Senate league has sent a ton of guys to the NFL over the years. Same for the Akron, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton Toledo & Youngstown City teams going way back. If you ever look at the original NFL teams they had a lot of guys from those "City Series" teams from all of those cities. Several of those teams had multiple future NFL guys playing on the same HS team

I want to say that Akron Garfield had 4 future NFL guys, all about my age, at the same time in Jim Lash, Steve Craig, Larry Poole & Dave Brown. I think they overlapped at Garfield anyway.

When it comes to NFL players I'm not sure many people outside of Kent or Ravenna would think of Roosevelt or Ravenna but I can remember a game between the two in the 60s that had 5 or 6 future NFL players. Tom Deleone, Stan White and Mike Adamle at Roosevelt and possibly Gary Roberts but I think he was a little bit older and may not have been there at the same time as the other three. For Ravenna Don Nottingham and Mike Simone. I think it was my freshman year. I remember because Tom Campana, a Hubbard and YSU grad, was the Roosevelt HC at the time and he would get some coverage in the Vindy.

When I was a kid Youngstown South had Jay Cunningham, Jamie Rivers, Pete Richardson and Bill Lenkaitis but Cunningham was a few years older. Wilson had Rich Buzin at the same time.
I was going to mention the Kent Roosevelt team from the 60's with all of the NFL talent on it.

I just turned 40 in October, so I’m not the best person to ask about the Browners. However, (the late) Ross graduated from Warren Western Reserve in 1973, Jim graduated in 1975, and Willard graduated in 1976. Jim played with both of them. Joey Browner came later as he graduated in 1979 while Keith, the youngest of the bunch, ended up graduating from Southwest High School in Atlanta, Georgia.

Meanwhile, Aaron Brown graduated from Reserve in 1974, so he played with the three oldest Browners.

All of the aforementioned players played in the NFL.
Kelton Danzler played with Aaron Brown at OSU off the same WWR team as Jimmie Lee Browner. That era of Reserve and Harding, say '72-'75, had crazy talent between the schools. Imagine had they always been one school.

Kelton Danzler played with Aaron Brown at OSU off the same WWR team as Jimmie Lee Browner. That era of Reserve and Harding, say '72-'75, had crazy talent between the schools. Imagine had they always been one school.

Yeah Harding won also the last AP Poll title before the playoff system was implemeted (1971). Even Niles was a powerhouse in the 60's. When teh economy was strong, the environment bredbred tough kids.

Again, I wasn't around back then (my parents graduated in '74 & '75), but I grew up when Warren was still a relatively active city. It made a HUGE difference.

Were they loaded in 2006 or 2007, when they were SHUT OUT by the Camden Co. Wildcats, of Kingsland, Georgia?
Game was in 2011 and it was 23-14. Glenville also lost to Ed's and Ignatius that year and didn't make the playoffs.

Ignatius won the state title but lost to Mentor 38-24 and St. X 14-12 in the regular season.

Camden went 12-1 (undefeated in the regular season) in Georgia 5A (Ohio D1 equivalent).

Last edited:
Were they loaded in 2006 or 2007, when they were SHUT OUT by the Camden Co. Wildcats, of Kingsland, Georgia?

If you're gonna talk trash, at least get your facts right...

1. The game was in 2011.
2. The final score was 23-14. Great win, but not a "SHUT OUT."
3. To addresss your original question, the '11 Glenville squad featured then-future NFL players Justin Hardee, Willie Henry, V'Angelo Bentley, and Marshon Lattimore.

I believe Tyrone Hicks from WGH, vwas at Ohio St too

Some good lists. Thanks for posting everyone. I was actually looking for two Ohio teams in a single game. Sorry that I wasn’t clear on that.

I believe Tyrone Hicks from WGH, vwas at Ohio St too
Yes. He was a ‘76 grad. He was so smooth.

As was Tim "Bear" Brown from WWR was he not? He followed older brother Aaron to the Buckeyes.

Mr. Hicks had great speed. He ran 2nd in the state finals in the 100 & 220 in AAA in 76. Another local RB with serious speed, Dennis Mosely from Rayen, won the 100, 220 & 440 in AA that same year tying the state record in the 100 at 9.7 seconds and setting new records in the 220 at 21.3 and 440 at 47.9 seconds. Mr. Mosely went on to Iowa and led the Big 10 in rushing as a senior.