Most disappointing NFL teams this season?

14Red

So we are now about 2/3'rd into the season, who are the most disappointing teams that you feel so far in 2022??

Denver is up there. Pro Bowl QB Wilson going to an offense with two good backs and three good receivers. The perception was that they were a QB away from being a contender. Instead, Hackett is clueless and Wilson can't find his @$$ with both hands.

On the flip side, Geno Smith plays great in Seattle and may be evidence that Wilson wasn't what many thought him to be.

Rams are a huge disappointment too but everyone knew the clock would run out on them, thought it ran faster than expected.

Raiders are also a disappointment. They made some progress last year and spent some money to bring in Adams and McDaniels, but the record hasn't improved.

For me, it's Rams, Packers, and Buccaneers. Granted, the Rams pushed all their chips to the middle last year, but the defending Super Bowl champion usually doesn't fall apart the next season unless the roster is totally gutted. Having traded away most of their high draft spots for the next few years, they'll have a difficult time retooling for another run anytime soon.

The Packers play in a pretty bad division (Vikings are solid but are overachieving, IMHO), but it appears to be high time for them to move on from Rodgers. The offseason commitment level on his part appears borderline nonexistent at this point.

As for the Buccaneers, the rest of that division was expected to be awful, and the Bucs' offensive personnel were largely still intact. That offense is difficult to watch these days. It was to be expected given the emotional baggage Brady is carrying these days, but I thought there was enough other talent on that roster to make a sub-.500 record so far seem inexcusable.

Of a couple other teams mentioned here:

I never bought the hype on Denver.

With all they hype surrounding Denver and a team QBed by Justin Herbert, were the Raiders expected to be better than 3rd or 4th in the NFC West (Everybody assumed KC would still be strong)? On the flip side, the Raiders suffered some horrible losses in games where they blew huge leads. That component of the Raiders' season is disappointing.

Last edited:
For me, it's Rams, Packers, and Buccaneers . Granted, the Rams pushed all their chips to the middle last year, but the defending Super Bowl champion usually doesn't fall apart the next season unless the roster is totally gutted. Having traded away most of their high draft spots for the next few years, they'll have a difficult time retooling for another run anytime soon.

The Packers play in a pretty bad division (Vikings are solid but are overachieving, IMHO), but it appears to be high time for them to move on from Rodgers. The offseason commitment level appears borderline nonexistent at this point.

I'll throw out the Buccaneers. The rest of that division was expected to be awful, and the Bucs' offensive personnel were largely still intact. That offense is difficult to watch these days. It was to be expected given the emotional baggage Brady is carrying these days, but I thought there was enough other talent on that roster to make a sub-.500 record so far seem inexcusable..

Of a couple other teams mentioned here:

I never bought the hype on Denver.

With all they hype surrounding Denver and a team QBed by Justin Herbert, were the Raiders expected to be better than 3rd or 4th in the NFC West (Everybody assumed KC would still be strong)? On the flip side, the Raiders suffered some horrible losses in games where they blew huge leads. That component of the Raiders' season is disappointing.
Agreed.
I‘ve never trusted Stafford. But hey, he gets a lot of commercials now, lol.

Rodgers just can’t seem to get that chemistry with receivers he has had a couple years in the past. Distracted?

Denver - ditto.

Is it Brady or the coaching. Not calling a timeout against the Browns is one of the biggest puzzles of the year. Call that timeout, get into field goal range, win in regulation. Brady has so many games with late heroics, I think even the staffs take it for granted.

Rams could be in for a huge fall from grace for awhile because they mortgaged their future, but they got a ring.

Broncos....ha ha...they better hope that Wilson does something off the field that may void his guaranteed $$ as that can hamstring them for awhile!

Browns defense....yeah. I said it.

Bengals righted themselves and will with the North.

TB/GB: teetering with unathletic, old QBs that need a lot around them to succeed. GB must hate Rodgers by not helping him and TB12 took/takes too much time away from the team and I think that has hurt them in many ways.

Certainly the Rams have to be in the top spot because they've fallen the furthest. And while they did lose Von Miller and OBJ, Andrew Whitworth retired, but largely it's same team as last year. Incredible how bad they've been.
Next has to be Denver - I questioned some in the summer when they felt Russell Wilson would be the answer to the Broncos QB woes. Maybe he was more of the problem in Seattle than Pete Carroll?
Buccaneers is next. they simply have not been able to ever get on track. Their's is a little easier to see because the have such an old roster.
One that's not got any mention yet is the Colts. They were projected by many, with new QB Matt Ryan and Jonatha Taylor, to be at or near the top of the AFC South and it's just not worked for them...again.
Arizona has to be there too. Kyler Murry simply can't lead.
Two teams I'll throw in there as mild busts are the Browns and Chargers
I think most thought that the Browns could hold water long enough for Watson's return and still make the playoffs. Not going to happen.
The Chargers are an odd case. Since Justin Herbert has come into the league, he's been "classified" as many as one of the top QB's. Frankly, he's put up some good stats, but the Chargers seem to not come up big when necessary.

Certainly the Rams have to be in the top spot because they've fallen the furthest. And while they did lose Von Miller and OBJ, Andrew Whitworth retired, but largely it's same team as last year. Incredible how bad they've been.
Next has to be Denver - I questioned some in the summer when they felt Russell Wilson would be the answer to the Broncos QB woes. Maybe he was more of the problem in Seattle than Pete Carroll?
Buccaneers is next. they simply have not been able to ever get on track. Their's is a little easier to see because the have such an old roster.
One that's not got any mention yet is the Colts. They were projected by many, with new QB Matt Ryan and Jonatha Taylor, to be at or near the top of the AFC South and it's just not worked for them...again.
Arizona has to be there too. Kyler Murry simply can't lead.
Two teams I'll throw in there as mild busts are the Browns and Chargers
I think most thought that the Browns could hold water long enough for Watson's return and still make the playoffs. Not going to happen.
The Chargers are an odd case. Since Justin Herbert has come into the league, he's been "classified" as many as one of the top QB's. Frankly, he's put up some good stats, but the Chargers seem to not come up big when necessary.
Nobody thought the Browns would hold on for 11 games, other than some total Browns diehards. There was a definite belief they could hold on for six games, but Goodell ended that.

LOL at Browns fans who think Brissett is the problem, Brissett has the 7th highest QBR ranking in the NFL. Does Watson play defense, cause that is where the problem is.

LOL at Browns fans who think Brissett is the problem, Brissett has the 7th highest QBR ranking in the NFL. Does Watson play defense, cause that is where the problem is.
The D let the Browns down in several games, but before anyone gets all warm and fuzzy about Brissett…he threw devastating picks in games against ATL, NYJ and LAC that cost games. These were Baker Mayfield-esque brainfart picks.

The D let the Browns down in several games, but before anyone gets all warm and fuzzy about Brissett…he threw devastating picks in games against ATL, NYJ and LAC that cost games. These were Baker Mayfield-esque brainfart picks.
Before the season started last year browns were going to SB, this year "we" would have gone to SB if "we" had Watson all season. Next year the browns are going to the SB till Watson gets busted again for another perverted act. Browns fans are as delusional as the browns front office is inept.

I really thought with the defense, offensive line and running backs, Browns would at least be at .500 when Watson returned.

Rams are the most disappointing team though

Has to be the Broncos. Nathaniel HACKett is an awful head coach and Russ is over the hill.
Chargers are a close 2nd. That might be the most talented roster in the NFL top to bottom, and they’re 6-6. They don’t get as much crap as they should for being totally mediocre.

Again, why do the Chargers not get any s**t for underperforming? Herbert gets hyped as being on the same level as Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow, but he’s never even been in the playoffs.