Mogadore vs Springfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking to myself and wonder if my boy gets injured from a chop block who do I go after? Not the kid but the person that instills this nonsense into a kids head its ok to get a penalty for chop blocking, but in the meantime my boys knee looks like a plate of spaghetti. My sentence wouldn't be handled in court, believe that.....

Im thinking to myself and wonder if my boy gets injured from a chop block who do I go after? Not the kid but the person that instills this nonsense into a kids head its ok to get a penalty for chop blocking, but in the meantime my boys knee looks like a plate of spaghetti. My sentence wouldn't be handled in court, believe that.....

I don't know you....I don't think...but if your boy is a STUD defensive lineman he'll get a few shots to the knees to slow him down. You can't play hard when you're worried about getting hurt. To anyone that played under Murphy at Springfield, does that sound familiar?

I don't know you....I don't think...but if your boy is a STUD defensive lineman he'll get a few shots to the knees to slow him down. You can't play hard when you're worried about getting hurt. To anyone that played under Murphy at Springfield, does that sound familiar?
Thats what scares me. He cant be slowed down strait up.

Coaching the game evolves over time, as well as personel, you DO NOT know the techniques he used while at Springfield, so one shouldn't assume?

So you DO NOT know the techniques he is using at Mogadore, so one shouldn't assume as well correct?

You are referring to what Murphy says about cut blocks, not the high/low chop that people are all up in arms about on this thread.

A dlineman can't come running in full speed if he is worried about you cutting him. No one teaches hitting high/low, having played there I know exactly how they are taught to block.

I want no HS kid to get hurt, but it would be funny to watch polster come across the field if he thought his kid was hurt or wronged and try to beat up Murphy. I have a feeling I know who'd win that one. Threatening violence is just as wrong as if Murphy was teaching the high/low chop. But polster hasn't been very rational all season, I guess now wouldn't be the time to start.

Thats what scares me. He cant be slowed down strait up.

I will inform you now.

If he is a big/stud dlinmen (and all I know about your kid is what I've seen you post), he will be cut blocked on Friday night. Mogadore's linemen are typically much smaller than the kids they play so they block low.

Now, I will tell you that this businessthat the Mogadore Olinemen are taught to have one hold up top and the other go after the legs is complete hogwash.

You are referring to what Murphy says about cut blocks, not the high/low chop that people are all up in arms about on this thread.

A dlineman can't come running in full speed if he is worried about you cutting him. No one teaches hitting high/low, having played there I know exactly how they are taught to block.

I want no HS kid to get hurt, but it would be funny to watch polster come across the field if he thought his kid was hurt or wronged and try to beat up Murphy. I have a feeling I know who'd win that one. Threatening violence is just as wrong as if Murphy was teaching the high/low chop. But polster hasn't been very rational all season, I guess now wouldn't be the time to start.
You dont know me very well, I'm a lie and wait type of guy.

For whatever its worth, Calpreps predicts....

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Mogadore (OH) 40, [2013] Springfield (Akron, OH) 14

I think the weather keeps this game closer than it would have been. Rain/Sloppy field, etc hurts the Mogadore PA game (which is typically so wide open with how well they run).

My previous prediction was Mogadore 21-10, I was getting to the point that I thought it would be worse, like 28-10, but I will stick with my original prediction of 2 scores/11 pts.

As we get closer and closer to gametime the weather forcast keeps pushing the thunderstorms later and later. Now it isn't supposed to start until 9-10 pm...keep going deeper into the night and let these kids play on a good weather night!

Polster, sorry to hear about your son. Here's to a speedy recovery and a great season.

Go cats!

Lol oh my... How embarrassing to get bullied by Mogadore.

Guess you can't say they are so much bigger than us like Ellet

Polster, you were close on score. Just wrong teams!

Typical mogadore game, close at half then blow it wide open in the 2nd half.

Great adjustments in the 2nd Half once again. Well done Cats! Got to have a better 1st Half against Woodridge though.

I used to believe in the coach at Springfield. Time and time again he shows us how immature him and his staff is. The QB decision was one of the worst calls I have witnessed.
#1 no turnovers all positive yards and they pulled him.

Then you have a kid that cant weigh more than 140 lbs playing defensive end. I know polsters boy was out but man. There comes time when you have to tell the parents the truth.

Credit where credit is due, Mogadore is the real deal .

I want to know where kent555 is since preseason he was so animated that Springfield was going to destroy Mogadore because "we are an embarrassment in d6 and play an embarrassing schedule".

Kent555 should be the one embarrassed for his lack of football knowledge.

Oh, and polster, don't worry about the sig bet, we're good. Praying for a speedy recovery of your son.

I used to believe in the coach at Springfield. Time and time again he shows us how immature him and his staff is. The QB decision was one of the worst calls I have witnessed.
#1 no turnovers all positive yards and they pulled him.

Then you have a kid that cant weigh more than 140 lbs playing defensive end. I know polsters boy was out but man. There comes time when you have to tell the parents the truth.

Credit where credit is due, Mogadore is the real deal .

1. I thought the QB switch at first was because #1 was hurt. The when I realized that wasn't the case I was scratching my head. But let's be realistic, other than that pick 6 at the end of the 3rd what was the starter doing so much better against Mogadore's defense? They had a couple nice pass plays and really zero running up to that point.

2. Mogadore killed themselves with penalties in the first half. However, I don't understand how it's a personal foul for tackling a qb that is running out a read option fake. That isn't even a penalty in the "protect the qb" NFL.

3. I will say this. In the first half drive that the mogadore RB fumbled. From my view the refs got the first fumble wrong. He was not down and Springfield recovered. I guess no harm no foul since he fumbled again 2 plays later.

1. I thought the QB switch at first was because #1 was hurt. The when I realized that wasn't the case I was scratching my head. But let's be realistic, other than that pick 6 at the end of the 3rd what was the starter doing so much better against Mogadore's defense? They had a couple nice pass plays and really zero running up to that point.

2. Mogadore killed themselves with penalties in the first half. However, I don't understand how it's a personal foul for tackling a qb that is running out a read option fake. That isn't even a penalty in the "protect the qb" NFL.

3. I will say this. In the first half drive that the mogadore RB fumbled. From my view the refs got the first fumble wrong. He was not down and Springfield recovered. I guess no harm no foul since he fumbled again 2 plays later.
Pick 6 and two fumbles. They pulled the 1# QB when his helmet came off and never returned. Now I am hearing 2 O-lineman came out with a knee and concussion. Springfield has and will be doomed forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.