Moeller's Head football Coach Quit Today (2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Elder is best buddies with Tommy Zagorski who just quit at Gilmour Academy took the Otterbein U HC job this week.

They both coached at Tennessee and EKU.

Not saying these two coaches quitting HS jobs in the same week is related but it is ironic.

You make it sound like he quit on the spot. He made a decision to go into the business world, I'm sure after a lot of thought. He has 4 young kids and I'm sure he got a great opportunity.
You have to admit it's a bit odd they keep losing coaches, especially with a really good team with some really good players coming back and coming up. Yes, life happens, but at some point some consistency is important. Could a potential replacement already be on staff? Might take the sting off a bit.

Last edited:
You make it sound like he quit on the spot. He made a decision to go into the business world, I'm sure after a lot of thought. He has 4 young kids and I'm sure he got a great opportunity.
I agree with you TNG. To move from college to high school when you are a young coach has got to be hard. You give up money moving from college to high school. This is a surprise and I'm sure Marshall was shocked to hear this news. Will be interesting to see who applies for the job. GBM!

You have to admit it's a bit odd they keep losing coaches
Doug Rosfeld got the opportunity of a lifetime to join Zac Taylor's staff. You can't blame him or Moeller for that move.

The guy who replaced him seemed like was in over his head and more of an interim coach anyway.

Elder leaving after 3 seasons is a surprise.

Doug Rosfeld got the opportunity of a lifetime to join Zac Taylor's staff. You can't blame him or Moeller for that move.

The guy who replaced him seemed like was in over his head and more of an interim coach anyway.

Elder leaving after 3 seasons is a surprise.
It will be the 5th coach in 6 years. I agree that some of it you can't control, but that's not great continuity for the kids. I realize they're not doing it on purpose. Just an observation at a school that's had so much football success.

Moeller should look at the Badin HC Yordy. He pulled the Rams up from mediocrity in the mid 2010s. Certainly would be a pay increase and he probably would not have to move.
Orlando at McNick would also be good but I don’t want to see that happen.

It will be the 5th coach in 6 years. I agree that some of it you can't control, but that's not great continuity for the kids. I realize they're not doing it on purpose. Just an observation at a school that's had so much football success.
Not an ideal situation at all for the kids.

Moeller will find the right guy (again). The school is in great shape, enrollment is full, and there are excellent football players in all of the grades. The job will be in great demand.

The continuity is in the rest of the coaching staff, the strength and conditioning and the Moeller tradition. Everyone had Moeller as DOA a couple of years ago then they made it to two state semi finals (a HUGE accomplishment that few programs achieve). They will find a way- wish coach Elder was sticking around, but it will be ok.

Everyone had Moeller as DOA a couple of years ago
1675437514389.gif

Baseball, Basketball and Football programs are all loaded for future success.
Moeller will find the right guy (again). The school is in great shape, enrollment is full, and there are excellent football players in all of the grades. The job will be in great demand.
barack obama the world is burning GIF

Last edited:
Moeller has to be one of the highest-pressured coaching positions in the state of Ohio. Expectations are always high and you chase the proverbial carrot with recruiting every year to stay at the top. Good luck to the new coach and the AD for making the right hire.

I agree with you TNG. To move from college to high school when you are a young coach has got to be hard. You give up money moving from college to high school. This is a surprise and I'm sure Marshall was shocked to hear this news. Will be interesting to see who applies for the job. GBM!
He was fired by Eastern Kentucky. His last two seasons were 7-4 and 7-5 but he was 21-24 for four seasons. EKU had missed the FCS playoffs for five straight years. One does not stop to inspect for the brand name when being thrown a life preserver and Moeller was a pretty good life preserver.

Last edited:
Don't try to put economic and personal logic into a conversation with these tools who's lives revolve around high school football 12x52x365. It doesn't compute.

:ROFLMAO: What did I post that was factually incorrect?

He did, in fact, quit yesterday. Exactly as I posted. Not even sure why this is up for argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.