Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Ed's in 1 or more OT

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Ed's by 1-6 (no OT)

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Ed's by 7+

Votes: 27 34.2%

• Total voters

Should be a great game. Thoughts and predictions welcome!!
Travel is always an issue. Diesel fumes take a while to vacate the respiratory system. Rubbery legs always seem to exhibit themselves after a long road trip. Ed's struggled against Elder, while St. I's struggled with Moeller. Ed's struggled with Moe last year and Moe always seems to struggle at any destination north of Columbus. There is no doubt in my mind that the two teams are evenly matched but that darn 4 hour bus ride can be troublesome. If CB is healthy and can utilize his running ability I think it bodes well for Eds. If JM has his typical day on the ground it bodes well for Moe. Chunk plays and turnovers will be the difference. It's just that darn 4 hour diesel fest that worries me. GBM 💪 🏈

Why are they not ready for St. Ed's? This is laughable.
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. That said, I would say (as a St Edward grad and suporter) that I'm well aware of Moeller's ability. I watched Moeller steamroll Elder in the Pit, a team we struggled to beat. Moeller is arguably the best D1 team in the State right now. They are certainly running on all cylinders. Nevertheless, while this game will produce a lot of discussion, and the winner will feel good about their long-term chance for a title, in the end it won't mean much. There will be another 6 weeks of football to play before they can possibly meet again in a title game. And that's if they are both lucky and fortunate to stay healthy and get there. The takeaways from this game will be assessing how their respective units match up against each other and whether they can both avoid injuries. I wouldn't miss this game, but I'll temper my sadness or joy on the outcome knowing it's not going to decide anything.

Travel is always an issue. Diesel fumes take a while to vacate the respiratory system. Rubbery legs always seem to exhibit themselves after a long road trip. Ed's struggled against Elder, while St. I's struggled with Moeller. Ed's struggled with Moe last year and Moe always seems to struggle at any destination north of Columbus. There is no doubt in my mind that the two teams are evenly matched but that darn 4 hour bus ride can be troublesome. If CB is healthy and can utilize his running ability I think it bodes well for Eds. If JM has his typical day on the ground it bodes well for Moe. Chunk plays and turnovers will be the difference. It's just that darn 4 hour diesel fest that worries me. GBM 💪 🏈
St. I's two home losses and the ones vs. St. Edward's and Austintown Fitch were due to purposefully riding around school parking lots in a bus for hour's on end to provide a just-in-case excuse. Puh-leeze!

Travel is always an issue.
As much traveling as Moe does, a trip to Lakewood will not affect their game. Certainly didn’t in ‘21 when they went up there—and won. Didn’t affect St Ed when they traveled down here last season—and won.

Hope both teams stay healthy as sehs73 mentioned, and goals met later.

Three common opponents so far this season.
Center Grove, IN: St. Eds won 27-10 Moeller lost in a virtual tie by going for 2 and not making it on the last play, 35-34
Elder: St. Eds won 34-33. Moeller won 38-7.
St. Ignatius: St. Eds won 42-7, Moeller won 47-7.

I will echo a previous comment that Moeller is getting alot better as the season goes on. I live down in Texas, so I only saw the first game against Ben Davis when I was up there for the weekend. Probably the worst I'd seen us play, ever; just weren't ready to play and you could tell the kids were still trying to learn the plays, disorganized, getting man-handled on both sides of the line, etc. Massive improvement in week 4 to play Center Grove to a virtual tie. Then another massive improvement to take Elder to the woodshed at the Pit two weeks ago.

I think Moeller is playing really well right now and will be in their prime come playoffs as long as everyone stays healthy, but right now I just don't know if we're ready to beat St. Eds. It'll take a helluva game plan, plus some very smart adjustments to be able to win this one.

We'll see how far they've come this year, but I'm expecting Eds to win this by 7-10. If Big Moe wins, I'd be estatic.

St. I's two home losses and the ones vs. St. Edward's and Austintown Fitch were due to purposefully riding around school parking lots in a bus for hour's on end to provide a just-in-case excuse. Puh-leeze!
GBM 💪 🏈

Attachments

• Ignorant.png
    Ignorant.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 34
Three common opponents so far this season.
Center Grove, IN: St. Eds won 27-10 Moeller lost in a virtual tie by going for 2 and not making it on the last play, 35-34
Elder: St. Eds won 34-33. Moeller won 38-7.
St. Ignatius: St. Eds won 42-7, Moeller won 47-7.

I will echo a previous comment that Moeller is getting alot better as the season goes on. I live down in Texas, so I only saw the first game against Ben Davis when I was up there for the weekend. Probably the worst I'd seen us play, ever; just weren't ready to play and you could tell the kids were still trying to learn the plays, disorganized, getting man-handled on both sides of the line, etc. Massive improvement in week 4 to play Center Grove to a virtual tie. Then another massive improvement to take Elder to the woodshed at the Pit two weeks ago.

I think Moeller is playing really well right now and will be in their prime come playoffs as long as everyone stays healthy, but right now I just don't know if we're ready to beat St. Eds. It'll take a helluva game plan, plus some very smart adjustments to be able to win this one.

We'll see how far they've come this year, but I'm expecting Eds to win this by 7-10. If Big Moe wins, I'd be estatic.
I say this somewhat 'tongue in cheek' but Lakewood St. Edward is a little over-rated this season. Still an outstanding team and program. However, I can definitely see a Moeller victory over St. Eds.

Both teams being completely healthy now (?) and through post season, this is probably our D1 state championship. Both teams are top of Ohio in something, expect a lot of offense (not as much as Cle Hts and Medina 😂)

I don’t believe Moe front 7 on D will do as much damage as St. Ed’s will, where Moe can get the upper hand is using their RBs to get in the outside and away from the line of Ed’s. Short passing situations and sweeps could keep them moving the entire time and put them in good positions the entire game.

That being said their going to have to do a lot to slow the run of Eds down, if they can push ed’s in 3 & 6+, I feel that their secondary will be able to cover and force punts.

Moe 28
St. Ed’s 24

Both teams being completely healthy now (?) and through post season, this is probably our D1 state championship. Both teams are top of Ohio in something, expect a lot of offense (not as much as Cle Hts and Medina 😂)

I don’t believe Moe front 7 on D will do as much damage as St. Ed’s will, where Moe can get the upper hand is using their RBs to get in the outside and away from the line of Ed’s. Short passing situations and sweeps could keep them moving the entire time and put them in good positions the entire game.

That being said their going to have to do a lot to slow the run of Eds down, if they can push ed’s in 3 & 6+, I feel that their secondary will be able to cover and force punts.

Moe 28
St. Ed’s 24
..but what do I know, I just take pictures 😂

The first of two. Will this weekends winner be able to duplicate it in December?
I've thought there would be a rematch in December many times and I was wrong every time. It didn't help in 2012/2013 when we beat Moeller and watched them win the title. Also thought we would have a rematch the past 2 years and didn't, Moe just couldn't get past Springfield. But it just goes to show you that whoever wins this game isn't going to magically win the title. My joke on this thread in years past has been whoever loses Eds/Moe is my new favorite in D1.

Nevertheless, should be a great game as usual. Love late afternoon games at Lakewood. I think Eds has the edge because the games up here, but Moeller seems to be playing at their best now.

I've thought there would be a rematch in December many times and I was wrong every time. It didn't help in 2012/2013 when we beat Moeller and watched them win the title. Also thought we would have a rematch the past 2 years and didn't, Moe just couldn't get past Springfield. But it just goes to show you that whoever wins this game isn't going to magically win the title. My joke on this thread in years past has been whoever loses Eds/Moe is my new favorite in D1.

Nevertheless, should be a great game as usual. Love late afternoon games at Lakewood. I think Eds has the edge because the games up here, but Moeller seems to be playing at their best now.
Agree. Is 2016 (St X v St I) the only time a D1 State Title game was a rematch from a regular season game? 🤔

Whether very funny or a bad attempt at a joke, it seems as if more and more people do not appreciate sarcasm and attempted humor. Lighten up Francis.