Moeller Varsity Team

All I can say is play amazing defense, serve like crazy, swing hard every time, and jump higher and stronger. It will take every ounce to beat this team. I think it can be done, but it has to be an extremely well conditioned team and a team with a lot of leadership. Moe will be winning a lot of dominant and intimidating points this year, the leaders from the teams will need to step up and win the next point. It will almost be a war of attrition.

Danny Brandle - OH/MB
Mike Chandler - OH
Brian Schings - MB
Lee Meyer - OH
Doug Cherry - S

...thats all I can think of off the top of my head

What about Judd as the other Middle? He did a decent job last year when he played. But, from what I can remember there were a couple big guys on JV, I could see Judd starting the year but getting passed up mid-season.

As a side note on Judd.
Does anyone else love watching Judd warm-up? I can't help but laugh.

id say brandle is going to play middle...the 2 kids from JV i would think would be Mark Shipp - Middle and Andy McKenna - Outside

McKenna is gonna have to improve more though to compete with some of the Varsity players

Are you saying that McKenna and Shipp will start? If so then i will tell you rigth now that that would in no way be their best possible lineup.
IMO moe's lineup should and prolly will be
S Cherry
OH Meyer
OH Chandler
MH Brandel
MH Schings
WH Possibly Kanetzke or put Hopkins at middle and Schings at WH
L ? by far the only and pretty big weakest point for moe

no, chandler is deffinetly better at weak side then strong side, i say that if brandle plays middle then meyer and either mckenna or james emming will play strong...kanetzke is hurt so he probobly wont even play and i say that shings plays middle....but if Brandle plays outside, shipp will be the starting middle

Do you really think Chandler is better at weak side? He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but from what I remember there was a reason he was moved from that last year. He wasn't getting high enough to block the outside. Normally that isn't a problem, considering the competition usually can't play enough defense against such a strong team as Moe, but when Moe faced good defensive teams last year I remember that being a problem.

id say brandle is going to play middle...the 2 kids from JV i would think would be Mark Shipp - Middle and Andy McKenna - Outside

McKenna is gonna have to improve more though to compete with some of the Varsity players

Mark Shipp is the middle who has to improve alot to be able to compete at the varsity level if he does this he will probably be able to move up to Brandel's level
I think Judd will be passed up

McKenna wouldn't stand a chance at the net he's overrated

What about Judd as the other Middle? He did a decent job last year when he played. But, from what I can remember there were a couple big guys on JV, I could see Judd starting the year but getting passed up mid-season.

As a side note on Judd.
Does anyone else love watching Judd warm-up? I can't help but laugh.

Haha yeah I play on attack with Judd. not only warm ups but literallyeverything he does makes me laugh, but he is a good player. I think Moe will be an excellent team this year. My school normally plays them every year but not last year so I didnt get a chance to see them play. Didnt X win state over Moeller last year? Not to sound like a jerk I just cant remember. GCL teams are usually given all the spot light- not to say they dont deserve it. But I think a decent team will arise from the GMc and go far. I see X being the the team that will do the best against Moeller.

Yea X did beat them last year at state but i don't see X or anyone else for that matter beating Moeller this year....Moe is gonna dominate everyone at the net and thats that

Moeller
OH - Lee Meyer
OH - Danny Brandle
MB - James Emming
MB - Brian Shings
WH - Mike Chandler
S - Doug Cherry

The only thing i could see changed is Danny might hit middle a few games. But for moellers passing its smart to keep him outside and have him be an available option at all times. Meyer might play week side against teams like centerville, elder, and x because oh his blocking, but other than that he always be outside, hes just too good a hitter.

GCL South will be tough as always, and St. X and Moe will again be the best 2

Always are, always will. I give all the GCL south schools credit. You guys are very consistent every year. Anyone here play for LaSalle? I was wondering how they are supposed to be this year. That was the only GCL South team my school beat last year.

Always are, always will. I give all the GCL south schools credit. You guys are very consistent every year. Anyone here play for LaSalle? I was wondering how they are supposed to be this year. That was the only GCL South team my school beat last year.

We only lost two seniors who each got very little playing time and for the first time in a while, we actually had a majority of our starters play club ball so I think we should be pretty good this year. Unfortunately, we play you guys first match of the season and I don't know if one of our middles (and one of our most important offensive players) will be back from a broken hand.