Moeller Football: Team of the Decade (2000-2010)

Ryan Lukens and Beau Goodhart would have to be mentioned. They were both 3 year starters and one of the best ILB tandems around.

Martez Williams was extremely fast and strong but undersized and often dinged up. Was Marcus Blanks a RB in the 2000s or was he 90s?

I pretty much only know back to 03. Just looked at some of the stats and since that time Martez was by far the best RB Moeller has had. 1695 total yards (rushing and receiving) his senior year. 1420 rushing with a 6.5 average. Nobody else has really come close to that from 03 to 2011.

So from the nominations so far...

QB- Reisert, Oltorik
RB- Hamilton, M. Blanks
TE- Hamby
WR- Madaris, Cherry
WR- Carter, Watt
OL- Tennant, Tull, Meisner, ?
FB-

DE- Rush, Wersel, Hayes
DT- Becker, ?
LB- Greg Jones, Goodhart, Lukens
DB- Murray, Thatcher, D. Blanks, ?

I know there are plenty more

My 2 cents on this.... I saw more of the early 2000's so Im a little bias on some of these picks.

QB: riesert 2004- Hands down the best during this decade.
RB: Marcus Blanks- Best running back I saw this decade. Still has the single season record? Pretty sure it was over 2000 yards. And career record.
WR: Tyler Derkers, Cherry, Carter, Watt (i put madaris in the next decade greatest.)
TE: Ryan Hamby
OL: Tennent, Tull, McClellan, Meisner
FB: Hamilton? ( He did play some FB when Marcus was still in the back field.)

DE: Rush, Wersel
DT: Becker,
LB: Greg Jones, Goodhart, Lukens (Goodhart and Lukens were fun to watch)
DB Thatcher, D. Blanks, Zinkan, Dean Gaier, Murry. (All the best Ive seen.) Side note: The 2000 Football team had one heck of trio in Thatcher at safety with Blanks and Zinkan both being shut down corners.

I pretty much only know back to 03. Just looked at some of the stats and since that time Martez was by far the best RB Moeller has had. 1695 total yards (rushing and receiving) his senior year. 1420 rushing with a 6.5 average. Nobody else has really come close to that from 03 to 2011.

he knocked out Nakamura(Raven's Safety) on a punt return in 03' game against Eds. Was a sight to see.