Moeller Football 2016

anyone think Rodenberg is feeling some pressure about his job? would he survive another season without making the playoffs?

I hope it doesn't come to that but the Moe faithful would want some action if that was the case. Lets hope the ship gets turned around and big moe rolls.

I hope it doesn't come to that but the Moe faithful would want some action if that was the case. Lets hope the ship gets turned around and big moe rolls.

Come on? He's 2 years removed from back-to back state titles and a final 4 appearance. Moe went 14-1 in the playoff's 2012,13 and 14.

2015 Moe lost their QB in week 1 and really never recovered. I must admit 2016 has been tough. Not making excuses but they are playing a very difficult schedule, including 6 straight road games to start the season. Moe has 3-4 games at home to finish and still can win some big games and qualify for the playoffs. Remember this team starts 3 soph's and many juniors at the skill positions. Lets see what happens.

Agreed.. I am a believer in Rody, I just hear longtime moe chirping. I'm hoping for 4 straight wins and big Moe-mentum going into the playoffs.

Agreed.. I am a believer in Rody, I just hear longtime moe chirping. I'm hoping for 4 straight wins and big Moe-mentum going into the playoffs.

I'm not saying they can't be coached better. I think they definitely can. I don't think Moe fans have comprehended how big of a loss Mclaughlin and Rosfeld have been on the program.

anyone want to weigh in on how moeller is going to pull out a W against Elder Friday night.
My humble opinion is dare the Panthers to run. as much as that sounds crazy I don't want to see another team pass its way through our defense. We are getting out of position based on their formations. many times we have a run based LB out in space against a receiver that they cant cover. Moe needs a new scheme to combat this. otherwise, they will see the same thing week after week.

On offense, get back to what they did at Bosco. they mixed it up really well and they ran an option play bringing the wideout on motion becoming the pitch man. it was really effective but it hasn't been run since then. I also wouldn't mind see the line just pick a man and blow them off the line. so much zone blocking and missed assignments against lasalle. north and south with the big uglies is not a bad thing.

I'm not saying they can't be coached better. I think they definitely can. I don't think Moe fans have comprehended how big of a loss Mclaughlin and Rosfeld have been on the program.

you are right about those two coaches but at some point the kids have to play. those two coaches weren't the diffence in a 55-14 loss. I think everyone at Moe reloads this week. gonna be a better outcome Friday. as Aaron Rodgers said R-E-L-A-X!

you are right about those two coaches but at some point the kids have to play. those two coaches weren't the diffence in a 55-14 loss. I think everyone at Moe reloads this week. gonna be a better outcome Friday. as Aaron Rodgers said R-E-L-A-X!

For Sure that it's time for the players to step it up...

I agree the players have to step. However, they have to be put in the right situations to succeed. What struck me against LaSalle was that they were running what seemed to be the same type of plays all night and Moeller never seemed to adjust to them. The tight end over the middle was wide open all night. You could say most of their receivers were wide open all night. I have to believe that has a lot to do with coverages, schemes, etc. I did not hear one person who feared LaSalle's quarterback was going to light them up before this game. On the flip side, Moeller had success early with the quick pass/screen to Khayo. LaSalle made adjustments and it no longer was effective after the first couple of series. Instead of adjusting and running something different off of it, we just kept running the same play over and over with no success.

I have watched a lot of Moeller football games and last week was just about as bad as I have seen. Coming off the X loss, I don't think anyone saw that coming.

The struggle for Moe will be at the QB position and having minimal senior leadership. McBride is a running QB with minimal varsity experience. Ernst has some experience but is not a leader, makes bad decisions and has a negative attitude. I sat with some Moe parents for the Lasalle game and couldn't believe what they were saying about Rhody and other players. Rhody didn't have a good game plan against Lasalle but he won back to back state championships. Most of the chirping was from senior parents and I guarantee that what they hear at home, carries over to the field.
In HS, one good win changes everything. A win vs the panthers, could get them back on track.

The struggle for Moe will be at the QB position and having minimal senior leadership. McBride is a running QB with minimal varsity experience. Ernst has some experience but is not a leader, makes bad decisions and has a negative attitude. I sat with some Moe parents for the Lasalle game and couldn't believe what they were saying about Rhody and other players. Rhody didn't have a good game plan against Lasalle but he won back to back state championships. Most of the chirping was from senior parents and I guarantee that what they hear at home, carries over to the field.
In HS, one good win changes everything. A win vs the panthers, could get them back on track.

I have never seen the parents as disgruntled and going after the coaches as much as I saw last Friday. It was pretty bad to say the least. They don't hold anything back!

I bet we see the parents refocusing their kids and themselves on more positive behaviors and better performance. No way Moe is gonna lose this week.

Northmont and Centerville losing last night was the best thing that could of possibly happened for Moeller. Win 2 of the next 3 to go 5-5 and they likely grab that 8 spot. There is still reason for optimism Moe fans. Next 3 games are at home. I dont care how much you guys hate the coaches. The boys out there need you guys right now. Have faith. It can still be done.

Northmont and Centerville losing last night was the best thing that could of possibly happened for Moeller. Win 2 of the next 3 to go 5-5 and they likely grab that 8 spot. There is still reason for optimism Moe fans. Next 3 games are at home. I dont care how much you guys hate the coaches. The boys out there need you guys right now. Have faith. It can still be done.

Isn't the Ignatius game in Columbus? Moeller can definitely beat St Edward. I came away very unimpressed with Eds when they visited Elder. Their QB isn't a strong passer, and he really only has one target. He runs well, as does the RB but were very one dimensional against the Panthers.

Isn't the Ignatius game in Columbus? Moeller can definitely beat St Edward. I came away very unimpressed with Eds when they visited Elder. Their QB isn't a strong passer, and he really only has one target. He runs well, as does the RB but were very one dimensional against the Panthers.

Yes Friday's game is at Otterbein University in Columbus. I also see that we are still ranked 9th in the computer rankings! So really if we can beat either St Ignatius or St Edwards we would have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Yes Friday's game is at Otterbein University in Columbus. I also see that we are still ranked 9th in the computer rankings! So really if we can beat either St Ignatius or St Edwards we would have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Moe benefitted from Northmont and Centerville both losing. It could come down to Hamilton and Moeller for spot #8. Sycamore could be right there as well if they can beat Princeton.

They definitely need to be either Eds or Ignatius to have a chance to get in.

The team is heading in the right direction. only thing left is coaching up the secondary. We are not in the right position and getting beat deep is never acceptable. good news is that it can be fixed. Would love to see #3 as a safety to see if he could make a difference in our final line of defense.

The team is heading in the right direction. only thing left is coaching up the secondary. We are not in the right position and getting beat deep is never acceptable. good news is that it can be fixed. Would love to see #3 as a safety to see if he could make a difference in our final line of defense.

Not sure about headed in the right direction, we've lost 3 games in a row?!?!?!?!?!? I do agree with you totally about coaching up the secondary, but that's the problem, our secondary has been bad for a few years now and it's always their technique, which is a coaching problem. Also, I agree that #3 (Watkins) would do well as a safety, then we could move Hughes back to RB and have him rotate with Thurman. I'm also a little confused why #7 (Baenziger) is not starting (or at least playing more) at CB? He is probably one of the fastest and most athletic kids on the team, and Lord knows we could use some more speed on the defense, especially at CB!

But with all that said, this team only needs to win 1 of the next 2 games and we will be in the playoffs!!!

Not sure about headed in the right direction, we've lost 3 games in a row?!?!?!?!?!? I do agree with you totally about coaching up the secondary, but that's the problem, our secondary has been bad for a few years now and it's always their technique, which is a coaching problem. Also, I agree that #3 (Watkins) would do well as a safety, then we could move Hughes back to RB and have him rotate with Thurman. I'm also a little confused why #7 (Baenziger) is not starting (or at least playing more) at CB? He is probably one of the fastest and most athletic kids on the team, and Lord knows we could use some more speed on the defense, especially at CB!

But with all that said, this team only needs to win 1 of the next 2 games and we will be in the playoffs!!!

1 of the next 2? Doesn't Moeller have 3 games left? Wouldn't that leave Moeller at 4-6? There is no team in the playoffs with 6 losses. I believe only X made it at 5-5 because of the points from teams they beat.

1 of the next 2? Doesn't Moeller have 3 games left? Wouldn't that leave Moeller at 4-6? There is no team in the playoffs with 6 losses. I believe only X made it at 5-5 because of the points from teams they beat.

Game 10 is O'Canada. A meaningless win.

Not true. Some projections have a 4-6 Northmont in as a 8 seed. Still alot of work left to do. If Moe wins out than they are IN. If the split with Ignatius and Ed's than they will be on the bubble big time.

The big head scratcher coming from the Elder game was why does the coaches take out a kid that just made a unbelievable play to get the int and never came back on for Elders final drive.

lets just hope to avoid a losing season. would hate for them to just sneak into the playoffs to go lose on the road at colerain and give them the satisfaction of handing us the first losing season. Hard to believe that we dont have a competent coaching staff while having tons of talent. Seems like we are turning into the new LaSalle.

lets just hope to avoid a losing season. would hate for them to just sneak into the playoffs to go lose on the road at colerain and give them the satisfaction of handing us the first losing season. Hard to believe that we dont have a competent coaching staff while having tons of talent. Seems like we are turning into the new LaSalle.

Going 0-3 would seem like the new LaSalle of old. However, just 3-4 years ago, Moeller won back-back state titles. Moeller is just having a down year, that's all. All big high schools get one eventually. X had theirs most recently in 2008, finishing 4-6 for the first time in a very long time, missing the playoffs. I believe they went 5-6 in 2013.

Going 0-3 would seem like the new LaSalle of old. However, just 3-4 years ago, Moeller won back-back state titles. Moeller is just having a down year, that's all. All big high schools get one eventually. X had theirs most recently in 2008, finishing 4-6 for the first time in a very long time, missing the playoffs. I believe they went 5-6 in 2013.

Is that you coach Rodenberg??