Moeller 10 Sycamore 4

Yea of Course....Moeller had a close cincy game....of course they played bad how else could the powerhouse of moeller let a team like sycamore come within 100???

Looking at the schedules (and knowing the past history of these teams), I imagine that Moeller had a difficult time getting it up for this game, while Sycamore viewed this as a "rivalry" game. I could be wrong, but when you play tough teams week in and week out (Moeller), you sometimes mentally take games off. Let's face the facts, by playing the Milford's and Turpin's of the world, you're not doing your team a favor. Sycamore has a LONG way to go before they can even pretend that they have a shot at the final four. Here's my city rankings:
1a) Moeller
1b) X
3) IH
4) Mariemont
5-10) WHO CARES?
11) Springboro

in my opinion sycamore's inability to clear the ball was the root of a lot of their problems. Moeller capitalized on a lot of oppurtunities on bad passes by the defense.

i was there and i thought that sycamore played bad. moeller didnt dominate and the refs sucked! if sycamore plays moeller in the playoffs the result will be way different.

Adjustments and Energy

I too was at this game.

Moeller looked very flat first half- perhaps looking past Sycamore which is never good. Sycamore played a very strong, packed defense which effectively shut down Moeller's offense. They also appeared to dominate 1st half face-offs and ground balls- a sign they came out very fired up.

Second half was a different story. Moeller played with more intensity causing turnovers (4-5 picked passes on defense) and bad passes on rides. Face-offs and GBs appeared to favor Moe in 2nd half. They also spread the offense some forcing Sycamore to spread out and opening up passing and shooting lanes.

End result was pretty much as expected and whatever Moe did at halftime worked. If they had adjusted earlier could have been more lopsided.

Net... it's always a battle in R4 and nobody can afford to look past an opponent.

Sycamore played well on defense but the game was a little more lopsided than the score shows. Moeller had at least 4 times the shots that Sycamore did. I tried to keep count but im pretty sure Sycamore had less than 10 shots. Sycamore's extremely packed in zone and good goalie play kept Moe in check for the majority of the game.

Games like this are a lose-lose situation for Moeller. If they win, no cares because they are supposed to win. If they lose then it's the biggest upset of the season. Even when Sycamore comes within 6 it seems at least on here that Moeller gets bashed on. It was a very physical and sloppy game but that is expected in a Cincinnati rivalry game. Good job Moe for getting out of there with a victory.

I too was at this game.

Moeller looked very flat first half- perhaps looking past Sycamore which is never good. Sycamore played a very strong, packed defense which effectively shut down Moeller's offense. They also appeared to dominate 1st half face-offs and ground balls- a sign they came out very fired up.

Second half was a different story. Moeller played with more intensity causing turnovers (4-5 picked passes on defense) and bad passes on rides. Face-offs and GBs appeared to favor Moe in 2nd half. They also spread the offense some forcing Sycamore to spread out and opening up passing and shooting lanes.

End result was pretty much as expected and whatever Moe did at halftime worked. If they had adjusted earlier could have been more lopsided.

Net... it's always a battle in R4 and nobody can afford to look past an opponent.

very well stated:clap: