Moeller 10 Lakota West 8 in a ugly game

Moeller played no where near their ability tonight, way to many mistakes, hats off to a nice Lakota team that didn't give up. Moeller plays like they did tonight and X moves on to the next round.

I thought Moeller looked lethargic at times. The big difference in the game was the three goal spurt for Moeller at the end of the first half. Also Moeller had a trouble slowing down one the better LW players. He ran past Moeller defenders numerous times

West didn't play the game of their lives...they made a lot of mistakes, especially the three-goal spurt before half-time...but they played with more heart than they ever had before. Even when they missed up big, they never gave up, they just kept coming back.

To those who believed that Ryan Osbourne was not a good goalie...I hope you enjoy your crow.

:Ohno: OMG! I'd have to say one of the worst performances for Moe I've seen this year... not a good sign at playoff time. Wonder if the B bracket MSLCA trophy was enough for them this year or if the seniors decided to check out post graduation this week? Missed assignments on D-fense, poor clearing, dropped passes- not a pretty sight.

Lakota played with a lot of heart and IMO clearly wanted it more than Moeller tonight. Osbourne was unbelievable in the first half- stopped almost everything including several point blank saves vs. Moe crease attack. Only let down was the 3 goal streak by Bauer at the end of half and they were all in fast break situations.

Moeller turned it up enough to hang on in the second half with a few key face-offs and some better hustle on ground balls.

Not sure what they were doing with Bowman either- they moved their strongest middie to attack for the second half pulling one of their top scorers from the game? Were they trying to get some more guys playtime or did they figure they had it in the bag with a one goal lead at half? Hopefully for Moeller it isn't cause he can't run as that will be a big problem vs. St. X who has alot more speed and size than West.

They will have to play LOTS better on Saturday to get past a hungry Bomber squad and definitely need to shut down the easy looks on the crease or Stanislaw will score 2 or 3 hat tricks:dang:

I think I have to slide my chips to Black and Gold for this year (again...)

:Ohno: OMG! I'd have to say one of the worst performances for Moe I've seen this year... not a good sign at playoff time. Wonder if the B bracket MSLCA trophy was enough for them this year or if the seniors decided to check out post graduation this week? Missed assignments on D-fense, poor clearing, dropped passes- not a pretty sight.

Lakota played with a lot of heart and IMO clearly wanted it more than Moeller tonight. (again...)

Moeller plays with no physicallity. Lakota came out tonite like they were playing to save their lives and they knocked Moe around a little bit. IMO Moeller relies a little too much on skill and they are unwilling to lay a hit. For christ's sake punish someone. Hopefully the X's on the opposing team's helmets will make these kids want to hit somebody tomm... because if they don't play physical, skill won't advance them.

Lakota's goalie played a whale of a ball game.

he was incredible but it wasnt just him. west's three dpoles played their best game as unit last night. matt bishop was all over ground balls and getting them down the field...he just didn't stop. grant hunter shut down finegan (he only got two assists but no goals). tucker stremming even stripped the ball twice from bowman! combine that in with osbournes amazing performance and you had a team that could compete last night.

moeller came out with their chests puffed up and looked to waltz all over west and it didn't happen. their dpoles looked like they had no idea what was going on, as west's attack just ran all over. they also seemed a little slow on the 1st and 2nd slides...better pick it up for today!

and moving bowman to attack was just weird. he was doing fine up top in the 1st half!

baur from moeller played a great game...i recall twice that he took on the 1st slides, got hit, and as he was staggering still put it in.

For those interested, here's the stats:

The Enquirer said:
Moeller 10, Lakota West 8

Goals: M -Bauer 5; Hofrichter; Bruce; Morgan; Bowman; Catino. LW -Swinney 3; Noonan 3; Williams; Hoover. Saves: M -Huster 10, LW -Osborne 26. Records: M 15-4.

:clap: SportsNut... well said. Overall it was a cleanly played game and Lakota deserves congrats for a great season and playing with heart and class last night. Osbourne w/ 26 saves!!! If I can do any math that means Moe outshot Lakota 2:1 but wins by 2. Great job on defense and in the cage.

BTW for any Moe fans out there who were hollering for pushes, wards, etc. all game I thought the game was well called last night. The touchy foul calls only take away from the game and end up making the refs too big a part of the outcome. Nice job letting 'em fight it out!

Many fans do not understand the push and ward fouls and they should keep their mouth shut!

Great game Lakota. You will continue to improve. LW seems to be the "public" in Cincy always in there in the "finals" for most sports.

Many fans do not understand the push and ward fouls and they should keep their mouth shut!

Great game Lakota. You will continue to improve. LW seems to be the "public" in Cincy always in there in the "finals" for most sports.

Well spoken, but unfortunately, OHSLA has pressed Coach Reed to separate the Lakota team into Lakota West and Lakota East. This year, no Lakota East students were allowed to play varsity (though there was only 4 that would've been on the roster, including one senior) because the OHSLA said that if they did, Lakota West would be moved to the club division. So next year, Lakota breaks off into two teams.

It's back to square 1 for Lakota :Ohno:

The touchy foul calls only take away from the game and end up making the refs too big a part of the outcome. Nice job letting 'em fight it out!

The refs exact words before the game were "You guys are here because you know how to play, so we're going to let you play. This is 'big boy' lacrosse, but if it starts to get out of hand, you're gonna hear from us...play smart"

Last nights game was very, very well-officiated.