Minster Job Opening

I don't see any of the names mentioned getting the job. Some of the guys on this list won't be interested and others have too much baggage for a job like Minster.

you’d be suprised how many coaches would leave a larger job for a MAC job. the MAC is the holy grail of public school football in the USA.
They are not going to leave a program they built from the ground up to go to a smaller school. If the MAC is the holy grail than why did Stokes and Moore leave. Plus other than Stokes and Moore who both came from Urbana name some of these bigger school coaches who left successful programs to coach in the MAC.

They are not going to leave a program they built from the ground up to go to a smaller school. If the MAC is the holy grail than why did Stokes and Moore leave. Plus other than Stokes and Moore who both came from Urbana name some of these bigger school coaches who left successful programs to coach in the MAC.
Moore didn't come from Urbana

I agree and I am glad Stokes is challenging himself with the big boys. Not taking anything away from Otten or Goodwin but they do play with loaded decks competing against D6 and D7 schools (again great coaches but they consistently have a talent gap vs the field). They are some of the best small school jobs but to say they are the holy Grail of the USA is not accurate.

i’m not talking about Reckert leaving Van Wert, he’s built something great.

but look at the jobs they took- Massillon/La Salle and Coffman are 2 of the best programs in the state, consistently. it’s not like they left for a school like Celina.

but a coach at a school like, say, Elida or Celina? i could absolutely see a head coach at a school that size leaving for the MAC.

i’m not talking about Reckert leaving Van Wert, he’s built something great.

but look at the jobs they took- Massillon/La Salle and Coffman are 2 of the best programs in the state, consistently. it’s not like they left for a school like Celina.

but a coach at a school like, say, Elida or Celina? i could absolutely see a head coach at a school that size leaving for the MAC.
That would depend on the school said coach is leaving

I said on this site earlier that I thought Stokes would have left before this season, and if not for Covid maybe he would have. Anyone paying attention can see the the cupboard is quite bare at Minster and will be for a couple of years. But it will cycle back to talented teams in 3-4 years, this next coach is going to have it a little tough at the beginning.

I said on this site earlier that I thought Stokes would have left before this season, and if not for Covid maybe he would have. Anyone paying attention can see the the cupboard is quite bare at Minster and will be for a couple of years. But it will cycle back to talented teams in 3-4 years, this next coach is going to have it a little tough at the beginning.
Think what you want, cupboard is plenty full our way.

I agree and I am glad Stokes is challenging himself with the big boys. Not taking anything away from Otten or Goodwin but they do play with loaded decks competing against D6 and D7 schools (again great coaches but they consistently have a talent gap vs the field).

While I don’t disagree that there are loaded decks involved, I disagree about it being because of a talent gap. It’s an entire system already in place (community-instilled work ethic, hands-off parents, stable families, etc), that, when coupled with tremendous coaching, produces the results that you see.

Further, you could argue that Stokes already challenged himself against the big boys when he took a MAC job and had to face the Coldwaters and Marion Locals every year. While he didn’t have a winning record against either of those two schools, his teams were always very competitive and his playoff results speak for themselves.

I would categorize this move as a NEW challenge.

where did Reed come from before Coldwater?

got to get kids walking the
Lebanon. Yes, a bigger school but he wasn’t coming off a state championship either.
but did he turn that program around, and was pretty good, when he left? I'm not saying Recker is interested in leaving VW, only he knows what is right for himself and his family..... but before this year, hasn't the VW struggled in the WBL? don't really know much about the young man, but i know his old man has been a outstanding D coordinator for the Bluejays ( i think he is still on staff)... i think any coach in the wbl might be interested in going to the right situation at a smaller school, because over the years i know some that have had interest in the Minster jobs.

While I don’t disagree that there are loaded decks involved, I disagree about it being because of a talent gap. It’s an entire system already in place (community-instilled work ethic, hands-off parents, stable families, etc), that, when coupled with tremendous coaching, produces the results that you see.

Further, you could argue that Stokes already challenged himself against the big boys when he took a MAC job and had to face the Coldwaters and Marion Locals every year. While he didn’t have a winning record against either of those two schools, his teams were always very competitive and his playoff results speak for themselves.

I would categorize this move as a NEW challenge.

I do agree the talent or hard working student-athletes whatever you want to call them is due to the system’s in place in MAC country, either way it’s an advantage (not a knock all GREAT coaches). I disagree that the move from a MAC to one of the top tier D1 program in all of Ohio is just a “new challenge.” While no doubt the MAC is a great challenge, there is a massive difference between trying to capture a D1 state title and a D6 or D7 title. It is a new challenge yes but also a much much bigger one. The talent gap in players from Coffman to St. Ed’s, St. X, St. ignatius, Moeller, Pick Central is big currently. Even when Coffman has dudes there will be at least another 5 teams that can match them. Not to mention all the talent he will see just in conference play alone.

got to get kids walking the

but did he turn that program around, and was pretty good, when he left? I'm not saying Recker is interested in leaving VW, only he knows what is right for himself and his family..... but before this year, hasn't the VW struggled in the WBL? don't really know much about the young man, but i know his old man has been a outstanding D coordinator for the Bluejays ( i think he is still on staff)... i think any coach in the wbl might be interested in going to the right situation at a smaller school, because over the years i know some that have had interest in the Minster jobs.
Reed I believe was forced out at Lebanon.

I heard from a friend from Allen east that Goodwin’s relative is down at ML. Would he be interested in the job? Not sure of his name or anything. Said he was a young kid.