Midwest Rankings from Inside Lacrosse

Scuzzlebutt

What do you all think about these rankings from IL for the Midwest? No mention of Moeller or St. X. Cincinnati never gets any credit.

Midwest — OH, MI, IL, IN, KY, WI, MO, MN, IA, WV
1. Brother Rice (MI)
2. Upper Arlington (OH)
3. Western Reserve Academy (OH)
4. Rockhurst Jesuit (MO)
5. Dublin Jerome (OH)
6. New Trier (IL)
7. Worthington Kilbourne (OH)
8. East Grand Rapids (MI)
9. Loyola Academy (IL)
10. Benilde St. Margaret (MN)

I don't think it is a "credit" issue. If I had to guess, I would doubt that Inside Lacrosse has a large contingent of people who follow lacrosse in the midwest. These rankings are probably based on last year. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any cincinnati team beat UA, Kilbourne, Western Reserve, or Jerome in '07. I don't know enough about lax in the other midwest states, but I would guess that these teams finished at, or near, the top. So, in my opinion, Moe & St. X do not belong on this list.....yet. Let's hope that Cincinnati lacrosse represents in '08 and brings home some W's from the top teams.

I couldnt disagree with you more. Moeller definitely deserves to be in the top 10. They started the season off rough losing to kilbourne and jerome but moeller was playing at a higher level than kilbourne or jerome by the end of the year. After the 0 and 2 start moe finished 16-2 losing twice to UA. They won the B bracket at Midwest making them officially 4th but might have deserved a bid to the A bracket. If these rankings are based on last years performance then there is no way that Moeller isnt on this list.

Sportsdad, why would either st.x or moeller take scrimmages seriously and risk one of their better players getting hurt?...these arent real games len

if this are silly scrimmages why does it seem that Moeller never seems to use any other lines beside Line 1 on Attack and Line1 on D.

Analyzing Scrimmages

Win or lose, what effect do the St. X scrimmages have on the outcomes of the regular season games? NONE.

You observe well!

If it is a scrimmage why would you not play all of your lines as class act schools such as St. X and Thomas Worthington did. But i guess Moeller's first lines feel good beating up on the second and third lines of other teams. I guess i never thought of Moeller as that arrogant and classless.

I think that possibly Moeller kept their 1 and 2 line in a good amount due to the fact that they have had some significant injuries and the lines need time to get a feel for playing together all over again.

If it is a scrimmage why would you not play all of your lines as class act schools such as St. X and Thomas Worthington did. But i guess Moeller's first lines feel good beating up on the second and third lines of other teams. I guess i never thought of Moeller as that arrogant and classless.

RIP IT

I was being facetious, but you didn't get it! I agreed with you. However, the kids on that team are neither arrogant, nor are they classless. They are a good group of kids!

Team Sizes

From what I observed it looked like St. X has 3 times as many players as Moeller. Moeller didn't have a lot of options when it came to playing everybody. Regardless, come to the regular season, like last year, it goes to show that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.