Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Who will be MAC champions

• Total voters
If I remember correctly, the press pros guy talked to anonymous ADs(schools like Troy, PIqua, etc) and they said they can't schedule ML. If they won, they would get no credit, and there was a good chance they would lose!

If I remember correctly, the press pros guy talked to anonymous ADs(schools like Troy, PIqua, etc) and they said they can't schedule ML. If they won, they would get no credit, and there was a good chance they would lose!
No one wants to have a chance to lose to a team in the pee wee divisions.

I hate that answer. The best reason to say is there’s a decent chance they’d get their asses kicked. Divisions matter zero to me. Marion Local is a top 25 team in Ohio year in and year out. The series with Wapak was great. My guess is Wapak felt the strain of a hammer in week 1 and went a different direction. With the strength of the WBL, I get the thought.

Tipp City is as consistent a “bigger” school as we have in this region. They would be a great candidate to schedule Local.

And the answer can’t be computer points. They’re almost irrelevant for good teams now.

Even if you are locked into a top seed to host a couple games (does make some sense, certainly $ wise), I once did a study on how impactful division was to total points. I found that on average, a team just needs to win one more game (2nd level points) for every division you went down.

A D7 Local with 9 wins would equal a D6 with 8, a D5 with 7, a D4 with 6, etc……so unless you’re playing a Big Time D1 schedule, it’s fairly moot

That’s the point I’m trying to get at, I’d be interested in who they’re trying to schedule. I think the overall options are also depleted when you try to do this within a year, as most schools have contracts booked multiple years out
I'd be willing to bet that he's reaching out to everyone he can up to division 3. I mean we had a series with CJ, Wapak, Bishop Watterson and they were all D3. I just don't think the fish are biting.

I'd be willing to bet that he's reaching out to everyone he can up to division 3. I mean we had a series with CJ, Wapak, Bishop Watterson and they were all D3. I just don't think the fish are biting.
I wish that matchup with tUCBW would have been the season before, or later in that seaon of the game after Goodwin had fully reloaded.

The time to face the St14ners is in week 1 or 2 after they had a large senior class. You know by mid-season he will have built the team around their strengths but they may start a Lil slower.

Anyone yall recall if Wapak decided they wanted to "go in a new direction" in week 1 prior to the season or only after that embarrassing loss last season after failing to hold a 2 score lead with about 5 to go?

Coldwater resident and lifelong Cav fan Richard (Obie) Obringer passed away today. Dick (as I called him) rarely missed any Coldwater sporting events, football, bball, or baseball even after suffering a debilitating stroke 10 - 12 years ago. Last several years mainly going to baseball games only in his scooter. Dick was a role model fan supported Cav teams without rarely ever complaining about a loss. But as good of a fan as Obie was, he was even a better husband, father and grandpa. Hopefully Obie can root his Cavs to a State Baseball Championship from above this spring.

Coldwater resident and lifelong Cav fan Richard (Obie) Obringer passed away today. Dick (as I called him) rarely missed any Coldwater sporting events, football, bball, or baseball even after suffering a debilitating stroke 10 - 12 years ago. Last several years mainly going to baseball games only in his scooter. Dick was a role model fan supported Cav teams without rarely ever complaining about a loss. But as good of a fan as Obie was, he was even a better husband, father and grandpa. Hopefully Obie can root his Cavs to a State Baseball Championship from above this spring.
I've known him my whole life and was saddened earlier today when I read about it.
Great man from a fantastic family. Couldn't keep him away from the games as you stated.

RIP, the OG Obie.

I've known him my whole life and was saddened earlier today when I read about it.
Great man from a fantastic family. Couldn't keep him away from the games as you stated.

RIP, the OG Obie.
there are so many men and women throughout this area, that support their team...no matter what!

while I don't know this man, I can only imagine what a fan and a supporter of the school he was... my thoughts and prayers with his family!!!

How long before radiodave steals this for his site?

Think part 2 of that article from 2000 to present is next week.

Anyone post the one about Coldwater Baseball from a couple weeks ago?

Has Marion Local outgrown the MAC? Honestly, really no one is really competing with them anymore. They are just that much better than all the rest of teams. I think they need a new challenge, a new league perhaps. Maybe the WBL.
Besides Coldwater who really has a chance to beat them? Once in 20 years don't count. If I had a vote, they would be booted out for football only, maybe track also. Tell me your opinions- Vote them out or Goodwin has to retire?

Has Marion Local outgrown the MAC? Honestly, really no one is really competing with them anymore. They are just that much better than all the rest of teams. I think they need a new challenge, a new league perhaps. Maybe the WBL.
Besides Coldwater who really has a chance to beat them? Once in 20 years don't count. If I had a vote, they would be booted out for football only, maybe track also. Tell me your opinions- Vote them out or Goodwin has to retire?
Minster takes them to the woodshed this year.

The 2024 Minster - ML game should be a slobberknocker... Can someone confirm if ML continues their winning streak and would lose that game, they would either fall short or tie the state consecutive win streak???
ML would have to go undefeated in the regular season to set the new record. They're currently at 48 straight.

Considering they've beaten the normal WBL champion 3 years in a row and 2 of them decently handily, would the WBL be any better in your opinion?

LOL, Marion Local is in the middle of pack when it comes to enrollment.
As far as track, 2022 was the 1st time Marion Local won the league title this century I believe.