Mentor Football 2022

Jeff Cassella is a class act and one of the hardest working AD’s in the state.
Thanks for the perspective. Guy above has been a goof from the start. Spreading a bunch of bs rumors and just flat out lying. Because I know both of those teams backed out on us. That's why he can't give any proof because hes a liar

You said it. Teams backing out of agreements, one of them did, one never got an agreement to back out of. How hard he works? The Mentor game experience is a joke. For supposedly being one of the premier programs in the state, first thing that needs to be done is get the marching band under control, they think people are there to watch them!
The marching band is a peculiar phenomenon however. Their performances are lackluster and they can barely be heard. They drag all of that crap all over the place for that? I'm not a band guy, but I will at least listen to a fun sounding band. The Mentor bad is weird.

One of them did, the other never had an agreement to back out of. They never got sent one and got tired of waiting for it, so they found another game. I see another relative chiming in
Simply didn't happen. But again you are the guy who said Clarkson backed out on Mentor. So who would believe you on scheduling after that garbage ?

That other guy is a Lake Catholic guy. Says a lot if he chimes in to say how hard working our AD truly is.

Connecting band performance to an AD is also funny to say the least.

Simply didn't happen. But again you are the guy who said Clarkson backed out on Mentor. So who would believe you on scheduling after that garbage ?

That other guy is a Lake Catholic guy. Says a lot if he chimes in to say how hard working our AS truly is.
Truth is players we being told Clarkson might not show up, even up to the week of the game. So, Ohioball1969 may have some validity to his claim.

Oh it didn't happen? Who would you connect the band to at a football game?
Wouldn't the band's performance be connected to the director of the music program or the marching band director? The AD just provides them the field time at half time. I can't imagine he has much control over what kind of goofy show they put on.

No, but he has a say when they are putting on a drum line show while the coaches and offense are trying to communicate! Give me a break
Probably touchy situation. Hey band, shut the hell up so the athletes can work. I mean, I agree that it should happen, but feathers would be ruffled...no pun intended Fighting Cardinal Marching Band...

Even parents of the band who have sat near us say it's an embarrassment.

Whatever, its the band. Who really cares.

Well when they dont know when to play or not play, thats a problem. Maybe they need educated
I'm sure they're in their own world. Most likely think a football game is just the also happening event next to their performance, and scaffolding, and 12 xylophones, and amps, and speakers, and......

Back to the game on Friday. Let's continue to hope that the coaching can find a way to get both side of the ball running well. Still wish they'd integrate more of the offensive options into the flow.

Hopefully the line has rested and can find a way to protect Fox so that he has a split second to think and look at his receivers. If #13 and #14 aren't open someone else usually is.

One of them did, the other never had an agreement to back out of. They never got sent one and got tired of waiting for it, so they found another game. I see another relative chiming in
You are a buffoon. You probably don’t even know Jeff. I’m no relative, but the other school down the road uses Mentor Stadium so I do happen to know him. He’s a class act.

Last year was Brunswick’s first win over Mentor in about a dozen or so tries. This year, I expect Mentor to win pretty comfortably. The extra week off might’ve been a good or bad thing. It means an extra week to think about the issues the past two weeks. But it also means more time to fix some stuff.

Last year was Brunswick’s first win over Mentor in about a dozen or so tries. This year, I expect Mentor to win pretty comfortably. The extra week off might’ve been a good or bad thing. It means an extra week to think about the issues the past two weeks. But it also means more time to fix some stuff.
After the last game I can't expect this team to beat anyone comfortably. Except Euclid who is dreadful

I'm afraid that rather than looking at current talent and working to make an offense work around what is available the plan is going to be to revert back to what had worked in the past; spread offense with wide outs. The root of the problem is a line that can't provide more than three seconds for a quarterback to work and very few options for a runner.

This team has talent. The defense especially. I just don't get it. How can a head coach just stand by and watch the defense get shredded year in year out. Heck the defense cost Triv at least 2 state titles. This Funk guy has kept the job despite doing a crap job.
Yes, there is definitely a good amount of talent on defense. Coaching is a consistent issue as many have expressed ad nauseum.

Offensively, the talent situation is quite a different story. The coaches need to do a better job of adapting to the fact that they don’t have the Floriea’s, Trubisky’s, Krizancic’s, Daugherty’s, etc.

The use of Schenk at H-back was a great way to try and adapt. Then they gave up on that experiment. That looked like a mistake to me. He had a TD catch against Ignatius. He could be used to help the running and passing game.

Wow, you guys have such anger towards the band. At least Triv gave the band respect and believe it or not those kids put in as much time and commitment as the players on the field. Just like the sh*** Defense that doesn't make the choice of how they play their scheme neither does the band choose the music or the show. Those kids care if the team wins or losses just as the fans do. The Band Director is telling them what to play and when. And I'm sorry but if a team can't play while there is a little bit of cheering and noise from the band maybe they should go play golf where there is silence.

The 50/50 raffle is put on by them to help support their costs of uniforms, bus drivers, semi-truck, food, etc... for competitions they don't have boosters like the redline that provides the team with tons of money. Also, take a look around you in the stands the band parents make up a good amount of the stands even at away games. So beware next time you speak illy of the band during the game or halftime or you might meet the wrong band parent.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys have such anger towards the band. At least Triv gave the band respect and believe it or not those kids put in as much time and commitment as they do the players on the field. Just like the sh*** Defense that doesn't make the choice of how they play their scheme neither does the band choose the music or the show. Those kids care if the team wins or losses just as the fans do. The Band Director is telling them what to play and when. And I'm sorry but if a team can't play while there is a little bit of cheering and noise from the band maybe they should go play golf where there is silence.

The 50/50 raffle is put on by them to help support their costs of uniforms, bus drivers, semi-truck, food, etc... for competitions they don't have boosters like the redline that provides the team with tons of money. Also, take a look around you in the stands the band parents make up a good amount of the stands even at away games. So beware next time you speak illy of the band during the game or halftime or you might meet the wrong band parent.
Meet the wrong band parent....now that's cute.

Wow, you guys have such anger towards the band. At least Triv gave the band respect and believe it or not those kids put in as much time and commitment as the players on the field. Just like the sh*** Defense that doesn't make the choice of how they play their scheme neither does the band choose the music or the show. Those kids care if the team wins or losses just as the fans do. The Band Director is telling them what to play and when. And I'm sorry but if a team can't play while there is a little bit of cheering and noise from the band maybe they should go play golf where there is silence.

Oh stop with the threats. That will get you nowhere here or in real life. You wouldn't do squat so stop it

I won't bag on the band other than to say the style isn't my cup of tea. But they do need to stop playing when we are on offense at home. That is quiet time. They need to learn that

In all seriousness, certainly the band works hard and I wouldn't say anything otherwise. Somehow we got on the teasing the band jag there for a few minutes and had some fun with it. The kids don't seem to have any control over what the guy in charge makes them do. It's not very entertaining, but I'm sure the kids work hard.

In all seriousness, certainly the band works hard and I wouldn't say anything otherwise. Somehow we got on the teasing the band jag there for a few minutes and had some fun with it. The kids don't seem to have any control over what the guy in charge makes them do. It's not very entertaining, but I'm sure the kids work hard.
Its the artsy band style. We just can't comprehend the complexity of it. At least that's what a former band girl used to tell me 😂

Oh stop with the threats. That will get you nowhere here or in real life. You wouldn't do squat so stop it

I won't bag on the band other than to say the style isn't my cup of tea. But they do need to stop playing when we are on offense at home. That is quiet time. They need to learn that
I personally wasn't threatening... I was using a blanketed statement some parents including football parents don't like hearing the negative chatter in the stands, and yes I would stand up for my kid and all the kids if I have to. No where does it say when Offense has the ball be quiet. Those kids on the field feed off the excitement of the fans, the band and each other again if you want quiet and somber go play Golf.

We are all on the same team and rooting for our Alma Mater. Once a Cardinal Always a Cardinal class of 96.

on a side note I totally agree with I am not a fan of the music style either but support my kid and their fellow band mates.

I personally wasn't threatening... I was using a blanketed statement some parents including football parents don't like hearing the negative chatter in the stands, and yes I would stand up for my kid and all the kids if I have to. No where does it say when Offense has the ball be quiet. Those kids on the field feed off the excitement of the fans, the band and each other again if you want quiet and somber go play Golf.

We are all on the same team and rooting for our Alma Mater. Once a Cardinal Always a Cardinal class of 96.

on a side note I totally agree with I am not a fan of the music style either but support my kid and their fellow band mates.
Stop with the stupid golf comparison. Even if you go to a NFL game, they flash messages like "shhh offense at work" at times. Should be common sense. It's part of the home field advantage.

You are supposed to make noise when your team plays defense and shut up when they are on offense so they can hear the plays and get organized better. The idiot band director apparently doesn't know this common sense item. If you don't either, that's on you. Football fans know about this.

I honestly don't care if football parents or band parents don't like negative chatter. If the football team does stupid stuff or the band plays at wrong times, I'll say that to my group. If a nosy parent wants to interject, I'll tell them I wasn't talking to them

It is expected that the home team crowd quiet down during the offensive play call and cadence. Not the time for the band to be playing anything because there is information that the players on the field might be sharing with one another.

I saw Brunswick scrimmage Wadsworth last month. They look very bad. Mentor not getting it done this week would be another bad sign of the talent and coaching on this team. Let's hope the effort on defense is like the Riverside game instead of the embarrassment vs Canada

14 year old offensive lineman Jojo LoDuca becomes just the 2nd freshman to start for varsity in the last 20 years. The other being Vernon.

14 year old offensive lineman Jojo LoDuca becomes just the 2nd freshman to start for varsity in the last 20 years. The other being Vernon.
Who was the genius who decided Snow should be pulled from safety now ? Defense looks like crap. Could use one of their best players back.

Tied at 14 but driving.