McKinley football 2019

Massillon will be a solid team.we'll lose alot of linemen. there some good potential there.im looking for our two communities to be the cream of the crop. As it should be. :party:

Better add Perry to the mix. They expect big things this year. Hoover will be much improved as well with a top quarterback.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Baseball is over for the Bulldogs so lets get them boys in the weight room with the new staff.

Baseball is over for the Bulldogs so lets get them boys in the weight room with the new staff.

A new day dawns in Bulldog Country! Get in! :party:

Always keep the faith!

Dumb question. Did reardon take his son with him to Ursuline ? Saw he got a d 1 offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we can get a June schedule from the new coach to see all the staff and kids for summer workouts.

Hope we can get a June schedule from the new coach to see all the staff and kids for summer workouts.

That would be great, but I wouldn't count on it. Communication with the public / supporters is not part of the culture in the athletic program. They don't care because no one holds them accountable. There isn't a strong booster club that interacts with the athletic administration, and the district administration is too busy trying justify their jobs. Honestly, the teachers are the only thing holding this place up, because central office and much of the building admin are hopelessly lost. So, if Coach Wattley DOES NOT provide any info for fans, it's not all his fault. He'll just succumb to the culture like everyone else, except Pam Davis, who does a great job of communicating, and (shocker) her program is the most well-run program at McKinley. I bet if she took a minute and looked up from her job and looked around at the rest of the athletic department, she'd seethe at the doofuses she is surrounded by.

That would be great, but I wouldn't count on it. Communication with the public / supporters is not part of the culture in the athletic program. They don't care because no one holds them accountable. There isn't a strong booster club that interacts with the athletic administration, and the district administration is too busy trying justify their jobs. Honestly, the teachers are the only thing holding this place up, because central office and much of the building admin are hopelessly lost. So, if Coach Wattley DOES NOT provide any info for fans, it's not all his fault. He'll just succumb to the culture like everyone else, except Pam Davis, who does a great job of communicating, and (shocker) her program is the most well-run program at McKinley. I bet if she took a minute and looked up from her job and looked around at the rest of the athletic department, she'd seethe at the doofuses she is surrounded by.

Coach Marcus Wattley only just arrived, and I don't think he needs to share everything, anyways. He's got to be especially busy this year. He doesn't succumb to anything.

Always keep the faith!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School State Football Championships, Stark County would have NONE.

They should have around 2500 kids on the roster, Every kid Wattley coached or knows in Akron is transferring in to McKinley.

:Big exaggeration from you Massilloons is normal fare. One has to consider the source. We haven't even gone open enrollment yet. :laugh:

104 that I know of. About 50 were not on the roster last year, but they were likely Freshman and JV and a few kids coming in. We have lots of size and speed, and at least 3-4 D1 players on the team, but maybe more, depending on who comes in. So we have speed, size depth, and talent to go with an outstanding coaching staff, 2 were U 0f Akron defensive coaches along with the great veteran Defensive Coordinator from Akron St.Vincent -St.Mary. Our Offensive Coordinator did a fine job last year, too. They look to be very strong for years to come. :D

Wait a minute JJ, you criticized me for mentioning Maxpreps because they mistakenly had Dan Reardon the head coach. However, you posted the 104 players listed on the McKinley roster. I get it, that fit your narrative.:laugh:

7-3

Im a valid fan of stark county football including McKinley. Tell me how that's trolling? I always give the dawgs their due props.

Wait a minute JJ, you criticized me for mentioning Maxpreps because they mistakenly had Dan Reardon the head coach. However, you posted the 104 players listed on the McKinley roster. I get it, that fit your narrative.:laugh:

7-3

I went over the list and recognized many of the new 50 odd players, including the Akron East and GlenOak transfers. Enough of the info made sense enough to trust their number to be in the ballpark of maybe a couple off.

Careful JJ you know how badly your Fed brethren despise other school's transfers besides their own. I'm shocked "Abbott and Costello" haven't chimed in yet. :D

Good on ya Mckinley. If they can attract surrounding players they must be doing somethings right. Lookout for the B dawgs. If wattley builds it they will come.
Dont worry Tiger Paw, the "Three Stooges show' will return after a message from our sponsor.:Ohno:

Last edited:
To be honest, the Akron East transfer is here because his father is now a new Bulldog assistant coach from Akron U, and I don't think the Glenoak lineman was a starter for them. The kids from SVSM rumored to be here might be in that group, but I can't say for sure as i had no rosters to cross check. So in reality, one starter i know of, and that isn't an unusual number for a closed enrollment school district like our's.

Given there were about 60 kids on the McKinley varsity roster last year, it's highly unlikely there will be 100+ this year.

Given there were about 60 kids on the McKinley varsity roster last year, it's highly unlikely there will be 100+ this year.

I read the names on the roster @ MaxPreps and most could be verified. How many of those suit up for varsity is an open question. But don't underestimate the Wattley effect. There is new enthusiasm in the community being generated since his historic hire.

It's possible. Moore's 1st year was like that. Numbers were WAY up. Finished 4-6 though. Started decent but Hurst got hurt. Doesn't happen overnight.

It's possible. Moore's 1st year was like that. Numbers were WAY up. Finished 4-6 though. Started decent but Hurst got hurt. Doesn't happen overnight.

They beat a pretty good Perry, though. That was a very strange game. But Moore was rebuilding a program that seemed to be flailing under Hall his last year.

I think in the case of McKinley this coming season, Reardon has already built a solid program from which Wattley can build upon. There was already a lot of optimism after a pretty good season last year and the amount of talent returning. When Wattley took over @ St. V-St.M, they didn't miss a beat. Quarterback will be key to the success this coming season, however. Losing Son of Reardon makes the position wide open again for whoever can step up.

A lot of new workout methods with the new coach in the weight room,I hope change is for the better...BAM!

Just wondering what happened to all the posters on CantonMcKinley.com,a few are on here but not very many.Some with a different name but the same old analogy,a lot of the good ones have passed away.

Just wondering what happened to all the posters on CantonMcKinley.com,a few are on here but not very many.Some with a different name but the same old analogy,a lot of the good ones have passed away.

It's a combination of things, and the fan base civil war over Johnson fuelled by the local media to sell papers made a few lose interest. High school sports have become less important overall in Ohio. We diehards keep it up, though Raymo. You belong in the Poster Hall of Fame, bud.

CANTON McKINLEY:

"WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION "

Last edited:
Whatever happened to DaveDawg? He was quite prominent and then gone. I had a few guys I got along with on the old McKinley.com site. Good guys. They all appreciated the rivalry throughout the years.

If we get a decent QB we should be as good as any team in the county.

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

If we get a decent QB we should be as good as any team in the county.

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

As good as Massillon?? Not starting a big argument but saying you’re going to be as good as the Tigers with a first year coach an no QB at this time is stretching it a little.

Tigers return to much from last years team to be on equal ground as the pups.

In saying that good luck this year expect week 10!!!