Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woullard would’ve probably had multiple sacks or at least had knocked the qb into next week as he threw if the qbs had been live. Berea’s score probably would’ve been a sack if he hadn’t pulled up coming off the edge. Page flashed some good speed and tackling from his safety position. Krichbaum and Murphy didn’t play. The defense as a whole tackles really well. The defensive backs were really physical with their tackles as well which was nice to see.
They do tackle well. Night and day from the Hall regime.

Thanks JLP, MT3. I thought coach Simon was right on point earlier this week saying more QB pressure and athleticism on the D front was a goal this year over last. I've been saying the same. Doesn't mean it will happen but good to know he's trying to address.
I think we have a little more streamlined athletes on the edge this year than last. We definately have to shore up the secondary as far as coverage goes. Last night when the widest receiver would run a slant Berea would flare someone out there in the flat and NOBODY was out there, that was 70% of Berea’s offensive output last night. As I said however, having this stuff on film for the kids to see from a birds eye view will be invaluable. I have the utmost faith in this staff to fix this stuff.

I think we have a little more streamlined athletes on the edge this year than last. We definately have to shore up the secondary as far as coverage goes. Last night when the widest receiver would run a slant Berea would flare someone out there in the flat and NOBODY was out there, that was 70% of Berea’s offensive output last night. As I said however, having this stuff on film for the kids to see from a birds eye view will be invaluable. I have the utmost faith in this staff to fix this stuff.
Yeah I think that the combination of constant rotation of young inexperienced players, completely playing without your two most experienced defensive players, and not game planning for the opponent are what caused the majority of the coverage mistakes.

I’d look for the rotation to be tightened up a bit this week as they get more into game mode.

Yeah I think that the combination of constant rotation of young inexperienced players, completely playing without your two most experienced defensive players, and not game planning for the opponent are what caused the majority of the coverage mistakes.

What often gets overlooked in a long playoff run is the extra weeks of practice for the young players. While they might not see much if any action on Friday's, they go into the next season much better prepared to contribute.

Wow - an upbeat positive report from Easterling on the Tigers. Shocked.

Well, I mean they are the returning state runner up. I’m sure they are pretty good again. Not surprising it’s positive. Take off those anti Massillon shades man. I don’t even know what team you support according to your posts, all I know is that you hate Massillon. That’s sad buddy.

Well, I mean they are the returning state runner up. I’m sure they are pretty good again. Not surprising it’s positive. Take off those anti Massillon shades man. I don’t even know what team you support according to your posts, all I know is that you hate Massillon. That’s sad buddy.

?

Big test this Thursday. Should be a great learning experience for the relatively inexperienced portions of the team.

Hopefully after this scrimmage we will know a little bit more about this years team!

All of you need to just shut up. This is really getting sickening, every time you want to read a thread there is all this petty crap. Stop responding to the crap, no matter who spews it, this childish vendetta/crapshow needs to end.

All of you need to just shut up. This is really getting sickening, every time you want to read a thread there is all this petty crap. Stop responding to the crap, no matter who spews it, this childish vendetta/crapshow needs to end.

Been telling you guys that but you keep doing it. STOP.

Massillon played the role of Wile Coyote and Ed's as the roadrunner operating a bulldozer.
The bulldozer used to belong to a public school grounds crew but somehow it ended up in the hands of St. Ed. Go figure.

Seriously though, Eds was big and athletic, I thought they were much bigger overall than Massillon. They seemed kind of slow though. The jv and freshmen teams both started out slow but eventually came back and started playing pretty even with St. Ed, now maybe Ed had their 16th string in by then idk. The St. Ed freshmen were huge compared to the Massillon freshmen. I really think both teams benefitted from the scrimmage. Massillons speed advantage was quite obvious though.

Last edited:
I thought it went well for the Tigers. Only gave up 14 points defensively, which is not terrible considering the 3 turnovers we coughed up. We may be able to beat several teams on the schedule doing that, but that will not get it done against the top notch teams in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.