Mason vs Trotwood at Welcome Stadium on August 27

cometcenter

Mason opens the season against Trotwood on Thursday night, August 27 at Welcome Stadium. This will be the second game of a doubleheader as part of the Crosstown Showdown. The first game is CJ vs Troy at 5:30 followed by Mason vs Trotwood at 8:15.

Both games will be broadcast on FoxSports Ohio.

A new season for the 254-173-8 Mason Comets!

I won't be able to make the first scrimmage @ Springfield (less than two weeks away!) but I plan on attending the Boro scrimmage. I think both schools are good scrimmages for Mason right now.

There are high expectations in Trotwood this year...this is going to be a very strong team the Comets are opening with. There's not much buzz in Comet Country but I won't mind being pleasantly surprised.

Midnight Madness This Friday Night!

The Comets are going to start the preseason hitting drills at midnight this Friday at Dwire Field. The evening will kick off at 10pm.

The Comets are going to start the preseason hitting drills at midnight this Friday at Dwire Field. The evening will kick off at 10pm.
Pretty cool. Is it open to the public? Actually, I'm curious if practices in general are open to the public...I've always wondered about that. I guess two-a-days start tomorrow (Thursday).

Pretty cool. Is it open to the public? Actually, I'm curious if practices in general are open to the public...I've always wondered about that. I guess two-a-days start tomorrow (Thursday).

Open to the public and free admission.

Well, I don't know how Mason will fare this season but Coach Sedmak has those guys playing hard and fast. I loved the drill that took place at midnight.

I was at the game and the team had it's ups/downs as expected. The O-Line still needs addressing but I think they will get better. The offense just seemed to never really get on track, but that is what these scrimmages are for.

The Defense played solid at times but their was mistakes which should be expected. I really feel Coach Sedmack/Staff are really headed in the right direction. I think they are getting the most out of their players at this point. No Mason does not have the 260-280lb O-Lineman, but these kids seem to really be giving their all. I would like to see a little more leadership from the Senior's on the sideline by keeping others more motivated/having a can't lose attitude/being positive even in adverse situations when they arise ALL GAME LONG.

Even though it was just a scrimmage I think Mason was ok and improving. Good job fellows and I believe your hard work is going to suprise a lot of us in the upcoming season

Last edited:
I was at the game and the team had it's ups/downs as expected. The O-Line still needs addressing but I think they will get better. The offense just seemed to never really get on track, but that is what these scrimmages are for.

The Defense played solid at times but their was mistakes which should be expected. I really feel Coach Sedmack/Staff are really headed in the right direction. I think they are getting the most out of their players at this point. No Mason does not have the 260-280lb O-Lineman, but these kids seem to really be giving their all. I would like to see a little more leadership from the Senior's on the sideline by keeping others more motivated/having a can't lose attitude/being positive even in adverse situations when they arise ALL GAME LONG.

Even though it was just a scrimmage I think Mason was ok and improving. Good job fellows and I believe your hard work is going to suprise a lot of us in the upcoming season

I agree regarding the O-line. But I also thing the blocking and tackling is subpar. Players are getting trucked and blocking is sometimes non exsistent.
The depth charts need worked. Seen a few of second team players/subs doing better than the first (against the same offensive/defense teams for Springfield).
I agree they will get better; they half too.
Keep your head up and work hard. Good things will come your way.

I agree regarding the O-line. But I also thing the blocking and tackling is subpar. Players are getting trucked and blocking is sometimes non exsistent.
The depth charts need worked. Seen a few of second team players/subs doing better than the first (against the same offensive/defense teams for Springfield).
I agree they will get better; they half too.
Keep your head up and work hard. Good things will come your way.
I have to agree with you on some points as well. I'm sure the depth charts will be tweaked some leading up to the season, but for the most part I'm pretty sure the coaches have an idea at this point who's gonna play and who's not. At the same time I'm sure if changes need to be made the coaches will adjust accordingly.

I still saw flashes off what Mason can be. Some of those kids were really mixing it up and then their were some that looked a little confused, but overall I think they are going to be ok. The defense looked better than the offense but again I just think the guys just need to gel a little more and some of the Seniors/Leaders need to step up and push the other guys to reach their potential. The coaches can only teach so much and after that the players have to execute, and I believe they will. Again good job to all the players/coaches as well.

The special teams is also looking strong for the comets. Ethank King punting and Andrew Grage kicking have produced some great play for the comts. Ethans long punts pinning them back and Grages clutch field goals will lead the comets for a good season.