Marietta 3-4 @ Dover 6-0

Doverbuck1

Another revenge game for Dover as Marietta is the 2nd of the dirty 3 that cancelled late in the pre season last season. Dover rolls.
Interesting fact, Dan Ifft has 2 former players in this area coaching,Jason Wallick at Garaway 7-0 Zack Gardner at West Holmes 7-0 the man can teach the game.

I think Coach Wallick was a Jeff Sours guy. He played on the 93 team and Coach Ifft’s 1st season was 95. He does have Garaway rolling though, and is an innovator. He was the 2nd quickest in the area to adopt the west coast offense after Coach Ifft saw what Kenton and the Mauks were able to achieve. We may have two unbeatens playing in week 10 when they go against Ridgewood for the IVC championship.

Marietta is just GreatValu Cambridge. Wish them well going forward.

Has anyone heard if the ECOL will exist after this year? Is this the last year these teams play? I can’t imagine Dover staying in a conference with only Marietta and Warren, when both are 1.5 hrs away (and there only being 3 teams). I assume it folds after this year, but haven’t seen anything about it. It seems like they’re waiting for someone to leave the OCC to join with Phila. Another possibility could be joining the EBC with Louisville if they’d take them. A conference with Dover, Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, Carrollton, Minerva, West Branch, and Salem doesn’t sound too bad to me- basically the old NBC (although not sure if the smaller schools would like that). Regardless, I think Dover and Louisville need to figure something out together.

Has anyone heard if the ECOL will exist after this year? Is this the last year these teams play? I can’t imagine Dover staying in a conference with only Marietta and Warren, when both are 1.5 hrs away (and there only being 3 teams). I assume it folds after this year, but haven’t seen anything about it. It seems like they’re waiting for someone to leave the OCC to join with Phila. Another possibility could be joining the EBC with Louisville if they’d take them. A conference with Dover, Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, Carrollton, Minerva, West Branch, and Salem doesn’t sound too bad to me- basically the old NBC (although not sure if the smaller schools would like that). Regardless, I think Dover and Louisville need to figure something out together.
Not Minerva that is now..maybe 15-20 ,years ago..

I can’t see Dover staying in the ECOL. I can see the schedule in football moving southeastern to get the required number of games to compete for OVAC titles but even that is going to be rough to find competition St. Clairsville might be a possibility along with Wheeling Park. Need to get Louisville on the schedule.
Phila stabbed Dover in the back,perhaps a parting gift from Dennison,sore about all the butt kickings he took.

I remember Louisville being literal cheats when we were in the NBC for a brief stint in the late 80s. There’s reasons their entire conference told them to kick rocks, and it wasn’t just because of competitive balance.

We have the gates to go Steubenville’s way of paying out the yin yang for 1 year home contracts, and have the ovac for other sports. But it’s a precarious situation to be in. Louisville is 0-7 right now, after dominating the NBC for a decade.

NP really hung us out to dry on joining a conference without us, but can’t blame them for solving their own problem, or wait on those other schools to want to add another Wooster sized problem to their schedules.

It’s an interesting situation because population wise we are on an island, smack dab between Cleveland Columbus and Pittsburgh. Too far to be attractive, too good to be worth the shake up we will cause to existing closer conferences, and not good/big enough to compete in the Fed. We’d have to start something new and I don’t know if any school would want to follow.

Another revenge game for Dover as Marietta is the 2nd of the dirty 3 that cancelled late in the pre season last season. Dover rolls.
Interesting fact, Dan Ifft has 2 former players in this area coaching,Jason Wallick at Garaway 7-0 Zack Gardner at West Holmes 7-0 the man can teach the game.
Revenge Tour 2021...lord.

Marietta 24-21 OT
YaptheFlap. I would like nothing more than your prediction to come True.
This would be the Biggest Upset in Ohio High School Football in Many Moons.
Honestly you got a Better chance of Santa Claus coming down your chimney
on Friday Night.
Go Tigers

Boy Thanks Ifft. You may want to go over to Columbus and play some Big Boy Football.

Last edited:
Come on Now Dover. You played Canfield and The Big Red.
You will need Games in the future to replace Marietta and Warren
and maybe others. You should get some Home and Home games working
with some Columbus Schools. I’m sure Hartley, DeSales, Granville, ETC would all be interested in
playing a Great Program like The Dover Tornado’s. Plus your Kids would get the travel
Piece down for weeks 13,14 & 15. You want a Tough schedule look at
Cin. LaSalle or Winton Woods now those are tough. Good Luck the rest of the way.

Columbus privates bring 6 fans and have one tuba that they share with the other schools. Much better atmosphere to play teams like Granville that packed Crater last time they were in town.

Columbus privates bring 6 fans and have one tuba that they share with the other schools. Much better atmosphere to play teams like Granville that packed Crater last time they were in town.
That’s because they are busy working paying for the poor performing public Schools.
Columbus Private’s are free money to the public system.

with some Columbus Schools. I’m sure Hartley, DeSales, Granville, ETC would all be interested in
playing a Great Program like The Dover Tornado’s. Plus your Kids would get the travel
Cin. LaSalle or Winton Woods now those are tough. Good Luck the rest of the way.

D1 Strongsville (5-3) was a great opponent, Lake Catholic is coming off a State Runner-up season (although they are down this year), and East is a solid opponent that plays Fed schools close. Not to mention Canfield, Steubenville, and Phila. I don’t think there is any problem with the schedule…

Last edited:
That’s because they are busy working paying for the poor performing public Schools.
Columbus Private’s are free money to the public system.
“According to the Ohio Department of Education’s first February Foundation Funding Report, districts will spend $162 million this school year on private school vouchers. If CHUH is any indication, that number will grow by hundreds of millions of dollars over the next few years.”

Delete your post and try again.

“According to the Ohio Department of Education’s first February Foundation Funding Report, districts will spend $162 million this school year on private school vouchers. If CHUH is any indication, that number will grow by hundreds of millions of dollars over the next few years.”

Delete your post and try again.
Sorry Pal. You must have forgot about your Charter Schools. Catholic Schools receive very
Little money compared to the 100’s of millions we waste on the failing public system.
Nice try.

My Only question is how can Dover be battling it out for the 1-2 spot in a loaded region 9 if they dont play a good schedule? They obviously play a tough schedule or that wouldn’t be happening! ?‍♂️