Mahoning Valley Pick em- Week 1.

Spread All Day

I am glad we were able to bring this back this season as last season I did not do it due to Covid. I believe someone else picked up the slack. That being said, the rules are the same every correct pick is worth one point. Every game of the week is worth 2. I’m not setting betting lines because this is high school football.

Week 1 Games

Struthers vs St Thomas Aquinas
Canfield vs Poland (Gotw)
Fitch vs Chaney
Boardman vs Mooney
McDonald vs Brookfield
Campbell vs Valley Christian
Champion vs Warren Jfk
Columbiana vs Lowellville
Crestview vs Salem
East vs Shaw
Girard vs Streetsboro
Niles vs Howland
Hubbard vs Norwayne
Labrae vs Lakeview
Springfield vs South Range (Gotw)
Ursuline vs Hartley
Warren Harding vs Medina

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Valley
JFK
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South Range
Ursuline
Medina

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Valley Christian
Warren Jfk
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Norwayne
Labrae
South Range (Gotw)
Ursuline
Medina

Last edited:
Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Valley Christian
Warren Jfk
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South Range
Ursuline
Warren Harding

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Mooney
Brookfield
VC
JFK
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South range
Hartley
Medina

Last edited:
Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Mooney
Brookfield
Campbell
JFK
Columbiana
Salem
East
Streetsboro
Niles
Hubbard
Lakeview
South Range
Ursuline
Harding

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Valley Christian
Warren Jfk
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South Range
Hartley
Warren Harding

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Mooney
Brookfield
Valley Christian
JFK
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South Range
Ursuline
Medina

Last edited:
Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Warren Jfk
Lowellville
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro
Howland
Norwayne
Labrae
Springfield
Ursuline
Medina

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Campbell
Warren JFK
Columbiana
Crestview
East
Streetsboro
Howland
Hubbard
LaBrae
South Range
Ursuline
Medina

Last edited:
Struthers vs St Thomas Aquinas
Canfield vs Poland (Gotw)
Fitch vs Chaney
Boardman vs Mooney
McDonald vs Brookfield
Campbell vs Valley Christian
Champion vs Warren Jfk
Columbiana
vs Lowellville
Crestview vs Salem
East
vs Shaw
Girard vs Streetsboro
Niles vs Howland
Hubbard
vs Norwayne
Labrae vs Lakeview
Springfield vs South Range (Gotw)
Ursuline vs Hartley
Warren Harding vs Medina

Last edited:
Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Campbell
Warren JFK
Columbiana
Salem
East
Streetsboro
Howland
Norwayne
Lakeview
South Range
Ursuline
Medina

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Mooney
McDonald
Valley Christian
Warren Jfk
Columbiana
Salem
Shaw
Girard
Howland
Norwayne
Labrae
Springfield
Ursuline
Warren Harding

4 games really interest me

Medina/wgh
Range/Springfield
Hubbard/norwayne
Mooney/boardman
Agreed.

Alot of question marks for each local squad.

Range vs SL is going to be one heck of a game IMO. SR is solid in every phase of the game But can they stop or contain Brungard? Dominguez will be the best athlete SL sees all season. Can they get enough stops on defense to stay in the game?

Huge question marks for Mooney and Boardman. Can Mooney slow down Boardman's skill? How does Boardman respond to their new coach? Does Mooney bounce back and play with a chip on their shoulder?

Same thing with WGH. Can they slow down Medina's offense and their stud QB? Will they be disciplined enough this early in the season against a team that beat Iggy and St Eds last year?

Norwayne lost alot from last year but are a well coached team that plays hard. Can Hubbard find other weapons on offense to compliment Caffey? Can they throw the ball effectively so defenses dont stack the box?

Not too much longer now. Can't wait for the season to get started!

Agreed.

Alot of question marks for each local squad.

Range vs SL is going to be one heck of a game IMO. SR is solid in every phase of the game But can they stop or contain Brungard? Dominguez will be the best athlete SL sees all season. Can they get enough stops on defense to stay in the game?

Huge question marks for Mooney and Boardman. Can Mooney slow down Boardman's skill? How does Boardman respond to their new coach? Does Mooney bounce back and play with a chip on their shoulder?

Same thing with WGH. Can they slow down Medina's offense and their stud QB? Will they be disciplined enough this early in the season against a team that beat Iggy and St Eds last year?

Norwayne lost alot from last year but are a well coached team that plays hard. Can Hubbard find other weapons on offense to compliment Caffey? Can they throw the ball effectively so defenses dont stack the box?

Not too much longer now. Can't wait for the season to get started!
Norwayne is always well coached, I’m sure they know Hubbard doesn’t throw well, they’re gonna stack the box big time, anything can happen if Hubbard makes dumb penalties mainly their best lineman gets a 15yd every game.

Mooney boardman is such a rivalry you never know

I think SR might take it to Springfield but I could be wrong

WgH expected to unleash Dom foster, they’ll score points and will play with a chip. The Medina QB is solid tho but WGH has the athletes to make life difficult for their receivers

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
McDonald
Valley Christian
Warren JFK
Columbiana
Salem
East
Girard
Howland
Hubbard
Labrae
South Range
Hartley
Medina

The Eagles have the arm talent to have a formidable passing game this year. To reach peak they're going to have to figure it out. With that said Caffey looks like a freak after living in the weight room all off-season. Running behind 5 returning starters on the Oline is going to be hard for anyone to stop this season.

Hubbard has two other athletes who can carry the ball effectively in big moments behind Caffey. I expect Hubbard to have a solid defense this season. Reminds me of 06 when they were lights out after returning both lines. But that team worked hard and wanted it after a couple blow out losses to better teams in 05. Back when Liberty was LOADED.

Norwayne will be young, but well coached. I expect a close game early, with the Eagles eventually wearing them down late. Then again anything can happen. Especially in week one.

A great rivalry second only to Ursuline for CMHS. I think it was back in the '70s or '80s that a Mooney coach actually had a heart attack at a tight Boardman game. I recall the 1st ever meeting back in '68 after the Irish & Cards left the City Series. Spartan stadium was packed to the gills as the maroon & white won in a shocker, 15-0. The Vindicator called the game "a natural." Indeed.

The Eagles have the arm talent to have a formidable passing game this year. To reach peak they're going to have to figure it out. With that said Caffey looks like a freak after living in the weight room all off-season. Running behind 5 returning starters on the Oline is going to be hard for anyone to stop this season.

Hubbard has two other athletes who can carry the ball effectively in big moments behind Caffey. I expect Hubbard to have a solid defense this season. Reminds me of 06 when they were lights out after returning both lines. But that team worked hard and wanted it after a couple blow out losses to better teams in 05. Back when Liberty was LOADED.

Norwayne will be young, but well coached. I expect a close game early, with the Eagles eventually wearing them down late. Then again anything can happen. Especially in week one.
Well stated with facts.

Nice worthy week 1 opponent, I'm hearing around town they will not be on Hubbard's schedule next year.

Well stated with facts.

Nice worthy week 1 opponent, I'm hearing around town they will not be on Hubbard's schedule next year.
Good quality opponent. But I'm fine with not traveling to Norwayne next year lol. Montgomery probably would have signed a away and away series with them had he still been around.

Good quality opponent. But I'm fine with not traveling to Norwayne next year lol. Montgomery probably would have signed a away and away series with them had he still been around.
That is so funny but also so very true. ?

I'm really liking this new young AD Hubbard has now compared to what was there before.

the two.

Struthers
Canfield
Fitch
Boardman
Brookfield
Valley Christian
Warren Jfk
Lowellville
Salem
Shaw
Streetsboro