MAC

Elwer had a hip flexor from the fall on Tuesday. He didn't have his usual elevation on his shot nor the quick first step. He had 15 for the game. DSJ had a horrible shooting night. Now need to get Cam healthy for baseball.

Elwer had a hip flexor from the fall on Tuesday. He didn't have his usual elevation on his shot nor the quick first step. He had 15 for the game. DSJ had a horrible shooting night. Now need to get Cam healthy for baseball.
did( former Minster wildcat coach) Mike lee's PG play a zone?

Lima Central Catholic 41
Marion Local 35

FINAL
LCC doubled and sometimes tripled Knapke forcing ML to become a 3-pt. shooting team making 7. Not sure how many 3's Flyers took but it was probably between 15 - 20. LCC made just one 3. Combine that with 12 plus turnovers for the Flyers. Priddy for LCC was the best player (did not see Elwer play) I had seen all year just a smooth composed bball player.

LCC doubled and sometimes tripled Knapke forcing ML to become a 3-pt. shooting team making 7. Not sure how many 3's Flyers took but it was probably between 15 - 20. LCC made just one 3. Combine that with 12 plus turnovers for the Flyers. Priddy for LCC was the best player (did not see Elwer play) I had seen all year just a smooth composed bball player.
I have seen both play a couple of times I would take elwer over Priddy

Two girls basketball questions.

#1 - is the Marion Local- Fort Loramie game being live streamed anywhere?

#2 - How do 2 schools 16 minutes apart meet in the regional finals? How are they not in the same district?

Two girls basketball questions.

#1 - is the Marion Local- Fort Loramie game being live streamed anywhere?

#2 - How do 2 schools 16 minutes apart meet in the regional finals? How are they not in the same district?
#1 - NFHS network has the game. I believe there are two streams - one with announcers and one without.

#2 - ML went north and FL went south. Check out a map and you’ll see both are right near the middle of the state. They’re also in different counties, and the OHSAA has traditionally used counties as dividing lines for districts.

#2 - ML went north and FL went south. Check out a map and you’ll see both are right near the middle of the state. They’re also in different counties, and the OHSAA has traditionally used counties as dividing lines for districts.
Don't tell him that Minster and Fort Loramie(3 miles apart) were going to meet at state when in was cancelled in 2020...

1995 DSJ beat Portsmouth East at Columbus Fairgrounds for the SOUTHEAST regional championship. The OHSAA draws some weird lines once in a while.

Don't tell him that Minster and Fort Loramie(3 miles apart) were going to meet at state when in was cancelled in 2020...
Not that you mention that I remember that

It's actually pretty cool. Where I live when you get to regionals there is some serious travel.

The DIII team that won our boys district has a 2 hour & 40 minute drive to the regional site. The team they are playing is 3 hours and 45 minutes from their school

The DIV team that won our boys district has a 2 hour 27 minute drive to the regional site. The team they play is 1 hour40 minutesfrom their school

As a local fan it stinks because unless your school is playing you aren't making those drives to watch a local team play.

Thankfully we have a local radio station and sponsors that Livestream the games for free on YouTube

Not that you mention that I remember that

It's actually pretty cool. Where I live when you get to regionals there is some serious travel.

The DIII team that won our boys district has a 2 hour & 40 minute drive to the regional site. The team they are playing is 3 hours and 45 minutes from their school

The DIV team that won our boys district has a 2 hour 27 minute drive to the regional site. The team they play is 1 hour40 minutesfrom their school

As a local fan it stinks because unless your school is playing you aren't making those drives to watch a local team play.

Thankfully we have a local radio station and sponsors that Livestream the games for free on YouTube
are BOTH the boys and girls STATE games at UD this season?

How are things in MACland after Thursday night's storms?
West of Celina near Route 49 had some damage. City of Celina had some damage yet again, Crown, Menards, WalMart, and the YMCA. Follows the north shore out 703 past the Eagles. Then the storm turned NE a little and crossed 29 near Ferguson. Power still out to the east side of Celina/along the lake. Potential of a 2nd tornado near the fairgrounds in Celina.

Versailles' run ended last night. Preble Shawnee defense seemed too much from them, but played step for step with Preble Shawnee outside of 2nd quarter (and junk time). Shrout has a nice shot and could 'act' well enough to play hs level refs.

Proud of Versailles season; grew a bunch and cane together when it counted

St Johns
Minster
Marion Local
Coldwater
Versailles
St Henry
Parkway
New Bremen
Fort Recovery
New Knoxville

*ML had a JV team this year that only had 1 loss and the FROSH went undefeated. I know it doesn't always translate to Varsity success but could be fun to watch next few years.

Saw this on Martin RPI on Twitter late in the season.
martin rpi divisions basketball.jpg

So, two of the FF4 teams this year in D4 would be D7 next year with Russia and LCC (surprising) being D7. D6 of course gets the 1000 lb. gorilla called Richmond Heights. Most notably who will be in D6 NW Ohio besides the MAC schools?
Wayne Trace. Surprised that Spencerville would be D-5, but they could easily be D-6 as well. Spencerville should be very good the next few years, no matter the division format.

Wayne Trace. Surprised that Spencerville would be D-5, but they could easily be D-6 as well. Spencerville should be very good the next few years, no matter the division format.
That is one team along with Columbus Grove and Crestview but most of the PCL is D7, as is the Northwest Central League.

Spencerville is (was) D5 in football.

Last edited: