Louisville Leopards Football 2023

Steubenville makes an unusual fourth road trip to Louisville this coming Friday to play the Leopards.
Looking at their 1-8 record, even though they have played a difficult schedule, it seems to be an easy game for the Big Red. I don't see it that way.
As legendary Steubenville head coach Abe Bryan used to say on his Thursday night radio show back in the '60's, "Respect all opponents; fear none."
Hopefully the Big Red will be ready to play this Friday night.

Safe travels to all Big Red fans. Friday looks like a good chance of rain, so prepare accordingly.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Good places to eat relatively near to the stadium?

And is the stadium on the same grounds as the high school?

I'll let the locals tell you where to eat. The stadium is about 1.5 blocks NNW of the HS. Stadium main entrance is on South Ave, while the HS is on Nickel Plate Rd. Not much parking at the stadium, so the best bet is probably to park at the HS and walk up Parkview Dr. behind the HS.

Trying eating at Grinders, Scratch, Un-Hitched or Samatha's all within very short distance. This is not like the old days for Big Red fans when they traveled to Niles and had the choice good restaurants up and down the strip to pick from👍🏻

Varsity
Steubenville 41
Louisville 8

Steubenville Big Red at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights (Not from broadcast), Game Story, Full Game Broadcast by Straggat Media, and Game Statistics:

Glad we can finally close the book on this thread, 2024 lets shoot for 3-7
Yeah not much nice to say, so no reason saying it.
Couple positives going into next season are the schedule is what it should be, tons of young kids got a lot of playing time, and next years freshmen class looks to be the best skill class since the 2016 freshman team. None of that means squat if they don’t get their heads right and start doing all the little things.

Yeah not much nice to say, so no reason saying it.
Couple positives going into next season are the schedule is what it should be, tons of young kids got a lot of playing time, and next years freshmen class looks to be the best skill class since the 2016 freshman team. None of that means squat if they don’t get their heads right and start doing all the little things.
What changes are coming to the schedule?

I haven't kept up for a few years but the girls programs could keep up and win in the FED and the boys could do the same. The only sport that they can't is the sport they are known for ( Football ). Add McKinley and Jackson and minus Stubenville and the next best team you play now. Your schedule wont be any worse than it is now plus you are close with no scheduling problems. The players ,coaches and town will know their fate and GATA.

Not positive it’s final and not in order, but what I remember is:
Hoover
Green
Wooster
CCC
Northwest
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
New Philly
Dover
Still not easy, but it’s a step in the right direction. A descent Louisville team can find enough wins to make the playoffs, a bad Louisville team sits home week 11.

Hoover
Green
Wooster
CCC
Northwest
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
New Philly
Dover
Still not easy, but it’s a step in the right direction. A descent Louisville team can find enough wins to make the playoffs, a bad Louisville team sits home week 11.
Throw in Lake, and that would be a nice 12 team league.

Hoover
Green
Wooster
CCC
Northwest
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
New Philly
Dover
There's not one team on that list that is someone Louisville shouldn't play. All those look like great matchups

Hoover
Green
Wooster
CCC
Northwest
Alliance
Marlington
Canfield
New Philly
Dover
This is a much more reasonable schedule yet still have challenging games. Canfield, Dover, New Philly and Alliance should be staple games every year- and add West Branch to the mix.

This is a much more reasonable schedule yet still have challenging games. Canfield, Dover, New Philly and Alliance should be staple games every year- and add West Branch to the mix.
I believe WB was contacted and it didn’t work out. We were looking for home/home and they wanted one game next season nothing longer.

I believe WB was contacted and it didn’t work out. We were looking for home/home and they wanted one game next season nothing longer.
That's too bad. I don't understand why a team wouldn't want to play at Louisville, it had to be a scheduling conflict , it's a very nice venue and the crowds will be a lot better than say Howland. I wish Minerva wasn't in such a bad spot because I would like to see that matchup again

A descent Louisville team can find enough wins to make the playoffs, a bad Louisville team sits home week 11.

Over half of the games we only had one score or less and most of those scores came in garbage time. I am not sure who was in charge of the offense this year, but nothing really changed the last 7 weeks. If that mindset doesn't change and we cannot put together a team that can score we will be in the same boat. I my opinion that was the most concerning thing I saw. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but from what I saw we made no changes on the offensive side of the ball.