Louisville Leopards Football 2023

You have been outscored 84 to 6 in the first half the last two weeks. Just sayin
No…you were “just sayin” DeMarco was 6-4 and then listed those wins like he was a world beater, when in fact all he did was beat 2 1-9 teams, 3 sub 500 DV/DIV schools, and what I acknowledged was his best win in 10 years, a 6-4 Lake team at home.

We don’t technically have middle school teams we have 4 teams made up of 7/8th graders with 4 separate coaches. All in house. In the last 5 years there have been times when those 7/8th graders were going 9 vs 9 just to “play”. You can’t run any real offense or defense with 9 kids, let alone even a watered down version of what the varsity runs. LL is its own entity, it’s not technically part of the school system, so the reality is they can do whatever they want and the varsity coach doesn’t really have any power over them. Changing over to a 7th and 8th grade team (like all other schools have, and all other sports do), would then give the varsity coach much more say on what they do, how they do it, and “who” is ultimately chosen to coach those kids.
Well that kinda explains why Louisville has struggled…..the youth organization should listen to and ask the HC what he wants to help build the program

Well that kinda explains why Louisville has struggled…..the youth organization should listen to and ask the HC what he wants to help build the program
Wasn't this considered one of the reasons Louisville was so good for so long? They were developing 4 QBs, 4 RBs, etc. instead of the traditional MS teams? Wasn't this one of the NBC teams main complaints?

Wasn't this considered one of the reasons Louisville was so good for so long? They were developing 4 QBs, 4 RBs, etc. instead of the traditional MS teams? Wasn't this one of the NBC teams main complaints?
Yes and yes
Comparing LL of today with LL that you’re referring to is quite different tho. These teams can’t even run a proper practice until varsity. Our freshman had to cancel last week vs Perry because we didn’t have enough players. Our kids do dry runs of plays at practice because none of the 7/8 or the freshman have enough players to go against live bodies everyday at practice. I don’t even know what you do at a football practice with 15 kids? We used to have damn near 100 on those 7/8 grade teams and a solid 30+ on freshman. 7th graders got the kicked out of them then they became 8th graders, that’s just the way it was. That’s why we were tough…not so much anymore.

Just my two cents: Demarco had 1 playoff win in his tenure here. As long as he had the most athletes on the field he won. Even then a couple of NBC coaches figured out he never changed anything and out coached him. Discipline and motivation was nonexistent.
Troy had an 8-22 record. Enough said.
As far as riding the success of years past, it's called tradition. That helped propel the success of the program for many years. Until guess who came along.
Right now, the only tradition that we have is a tradition of losing.

Right now, the only tradition that we have is a tradition of losing.
That's the attitude that keeps Louisville from winning. The current coach has as much, if not more football experience as any coach in the county. Granted, this is his first head coaching job, but for goodness sakes give the guy a chance and try to be positive.

I see what you did there and I like it, however I am hopeful Green doesnt put up 40 on us in the 1st half.
I was legitimately curious. I witnessed a short well-dressed bald man with black rim glasses berate the KIDS during the Hoover game specifically. I stood under the scoreboard and listened to this guy say "this coach is a moron, the best kids are standing on the sidelines and not playing." He looked at me as if I was supposed to agree with him and I just walked away because I wanted to tell him off. I know the history of the drunks down there, but this guy was sober and well dressed, not a towny that rolled in from the bar. I was a little shocked because when I returned a quarter later he was still bitching to another poor soul that was nearby. It just got me thinking what would possess someone who "appears" normal just shows up and heckles 14-18 year olds. I found it weird even here in Stark Co. where people tend to lose perspective when talking about their team.

Louisville Leopards at Green Bulldogs Football Live Video Stream:

No…you were “just sayin” DeMarco was 6-4 and then listed those wins like he was a world beater, when in fact all he did was beat 2 1-9 teams, 3 sub 500 DV/DIV schools, and what I acknowledged was his best win in 10 years, a 6-4 Lake team at home.
I believe John beat your Leopards this year. You can't say Northwest is a bigger school or has more talent. You complained about John when he was in Louisville and continue to point out how bad he was over the past 6 years since he left. I am guessing you might have hd something to do with him be excused the way you are so critical of him.
Wouldn't it be nice to win 6 games as an independent even if your wins come over a sub 500 teams? A win is a win and it helps the program. Being down by 40 at halftime week after week does not help the program.

Varsity: Green 42, Louisville 7

Video Highlights, Full Game Broadcast by Straggat Media, Game Statistics, Story:

I don’t even know what you do at a football practice with 15 kids?
When I played football for Canfield, our teams oftentimes only had about 15 boys as seen in this photo, and we were very successful and won the championship and went undefeated 5 or 6 years in a row. So they must have figured out something worthwhile you can do in practice with only 15 boys.
20181208_143608.jpg

Varsity: Green 42, Louisville 7

Video Highlights, Full Game Broadcast by Straggat Media, Game Statistics, Story:

Them Louisville boys got a lotta quit in 'em.

I believe John beat your Leopards this year. You can't say Northwest is a bigger school or has more talent. You complained about John when he was in Louisville and continue to point out how bad he was over the past 6 years since he left. I am guessing you might have hd something to do with him be excused the way you are so critical of him.
Wouldn't it be nice to win 6 games as an independent even if your wins come over a sub 500 teams? A win is a win and it helps the program. Being down by 40 at halftime week after week does not help the program.
I don’t continue to point anything out other than add context to posts that have since been deleted. I also think it’s funny that people think there is some secret society that sits in cigar smoke filled rooms that pull the strings behind the scenes. DeMarco made his own situation in Louisville, and those that ride on his overall record and not the content of that record are the same ones that chirped about him beating up on sub-par competition. You can’t pick and choose. He had 15 wins in 9 seasons against teams with winning records, to add context to that..in the 3 seasons prior to him we won 25 games against teams with winning records. In his 9 seasons he made the playoffs 3 times…to add context to that, prior to him we made the playoffs 10/12 seasons.
IMG_1328.jpeg

This is what most people in Louisville remember, seasons like this where we beat 9 teams that we should have beat, lose to the best team we played that year 3-7 Hoover, and get our lunch handed to us on our home field first round. And on 11/8/2014 everyone on yappi saying we play a trash schedule and laughing about it. Now all the sudden those same people are criticizing the replacement of the coach? What great things did he do for this program? When did he “overachieve”? He had more wins over 0-2 win teams than he did teams with 6+ wins in 9 years. What portion of that 65-29 record was really worth bragging about?

When I played football for Canfield, our teams oftentimes only had about 15 boys as seen in this photo, and we were very successful and won the championship and went undefeated 5 or 6 years in a row. So they must have figured out something worthwhile you can do in practice with only 15 boys.View attachment 47388
I was more referring to 7-9th grade as I stated in my post. I know for fact that Canfield has more than 17 kids on their 7-9th grade teams. We have 7/8th grade LL teams that have won 5-6 “championships” in a row with 15 kids on them because they have the best players, it doesn’t translate into varsity wins.

I was more referring to 7-9th grade as I stated in my post. I know for fact that Canfield has more than 17 kids on their 7-9th grade teams. We have 7/8th grade LL teams that have won 5-6 “championships” in a row with 15 kids on them because they have the best players, it doesn’t translate into varsity wins.
We played in a league against all the Youngstown area teams. Some of the teams included Mineral Ridge, McDonald, Boardman, Poland, Struthers, Girard, Niles, Austintown, several teams from Youngstown city proper (ie Westside Patriots) et al. It is hard to remember all the teams 30 years after the fact. But the teams that were effectively 3rd grade through 6th grade, the rosters probably had anywhere from 13 to 25 or so, starting with the 7th grade team Canfield probably consistently had at least enough boys to scrimmage themselves 11 on 11 in practice, so a roster of at least 22 if not 30 or so.

Nice try. If you you knew anything about the program you would know exactly who I am referring to.
Frankly I don't care. I'm just pointing out how cowardly it is to come on here and spew your negative . You wouldn't say this to his face so you resort to acting like a teenager. This is same type of BS that made me stop going to McKinley games. Delusional people that base their entire lives on the athletic abilities of 14-18 boys and slandering the actual people that actually put in effort and time to help kids out.

Nice try. If you you knew anything about the program you would know exactly who I am referring to.
Interesting I am not exactly sure who you are referring to, but I have it narrowed down to 2, each for different reasons.

Frankly I don't care. I'm just pointing out how cowardly it is to come on here and spew your negative . You wouldn't say this to his face so you resort to acting like a teenager. This is same type of BS that made me stop going to McKinley games. Delusional people that base their entire lives on the athletic abilities of 14-18 boys and slandering the actual people that actually put in effort and time to help kids out.
You are so far off base you aren't even in the game.

I was legitimately curious. I witnessed a short well-dressed bald man with black rim glasses berate the KIDS during the Hoover game specifically. I stood under the scoreboard and listened to this guy say "this coach is a moron, the best kids are standing on the sidelines and not playing." He looked at me as if I was supposed to agree with him and I just walked away because I wanted to tell him off. I know the history of the drunks down there, but this guy was sober and well dressed, not a towny that rolled in from the bar. I was a little shocked because when I returned a quarter later he was still bitching to another poor soul that was nearby. It just got me thinking what would possess someone who "appears" normal just shows up and heckles 14-18 year olds. I found it weird even here in Stark Co. where people tend to lose perspective when talking about their team.
What a loser mentality McK93. You probably also agree with giving kids participation trophies. This game isn’t for you. #soft
Whoever that guy was, he was right.

What a loser mentality McK93. You probably also agree with giving kids participation trophies. This game isn’t for you. #soft
Whoever that guy was, he was right.
Oh hey, you do exist. What's your GO vs Louisville game prediction since you said "GO sucks"?