Louisville Leopards Football 2023

My Leopard friends,sometimes the answer to your problems are right under your nose. All you need is a GREAT coach that took Louisville to the state championship and was Stark Co. coach of the decade.I dont even know if he still works there or would be interested but if things dont work out with this guy I'd keep that in mind
Agreed.

It’s sad… the kids at Louisville will never play in a “big” football game. The past several graduating classes haven’t, the current ones won’t, and the next several won’t either. The Hoover rivalry isn’t a rivalry anymore. Lake isn’t a rivalry. The NBC opponents don’t mean anything now. The playoff games (if they make it) don’t mean anything, because they will be 5-5 in a good year with no chance of making it anywhere.
There were several great years where Louisville made deep runs, but even when they didn’t make a deep run, they were a top seed and conference champions. When they choked in the first round of the playoffs, at least they had they hope of making a run. They always played Hoover and Lake tough. You can throw the battles with Canfield in there as well. Those won’t happen anymore.
It’s embarrassing and you have to feel bad for them.
Unfortunately I know the feeling. The last several graduating classes at my school haven't even seen a winning record. Imagine going K-12 and your football team never having a winning season? That's crazy. There's nothing better than being in a school on a Friday when there is a big game that night. Hopefully Louisville can get its act together and can find some kind of schedule stability in the future.

Urban Meyer could be our coach and we would suck. The program is lacking talent. I like the coach, but no one could win with this.
The question is is the school lacking talent? How many kids are there walking the halls at Louisville that could help the football program? Job #1 of the new coach is to find a way to get as many of those kids playing as possible. I hope he can do it.

The question is is the school lacking talent? How many kids are there walking the halls at Louisville that could help the football program? Job #1 of the new coach is to find a way to get as many of those kids playing as possible. I hope he can do it.
Job 1 would be to remove the boosters who stuck there noses into the program and ruined it.

You keep bringing this up. Do you have an example? No names needed.
Firing Demarco after never having a losing season. (65-29 overall record). Making it to the playoff's multiple times, and winning coach of the year during his tenure. Who now is still having success elsewhere.

Firing the coach following Demarco for trying to change too much and going 5-5 in his first year (the best season we have had since).

Not letting any new coaches make necessary changes to the program from ground-up. Any minimal changes that are made are broadcasted through the town to receive backlash.

My favorite - The boosters love to ride on the success of the program from many years ago.

My Leopard friends,sometimes the answer to your problems are right under your nose. All you need is a GREAT coach that took Louisville to the state championship and was Stark Co. coach of the decade.I dont even know if he still works there or would be interested but if things dont work out with this guy I'd keep that in mind
I think you have a very good coach now. The problem is no league and playing a Federal League type schedule. It's deja vu- late 1980s all over again when Louisville left the Fed because they couldn't compete with the bigger schools. Until they figure how to play a D3 / D4 schedule a 5-5 record will be a success.

Wrestling, Baseball and Basket have good teams, but not as many kids are playing football at the moment. Hopefully we can get that turned around, the youth program has good numbers but people jump ship quick when they see the writing on the wall. I know last week going into lake they knew they were going to lose, so they didnt even try. 42-0 at half.

Also- I like Louisville and wish the old NBC still existed.
If the old NBC still existed and the members didn’t get pissed for being too good… the league would be in great shape.
Alliance = blowout win for Alliance
Marlington = probably a very close game.
Canton South = #1 team in their region in D4. Probably would blow Louisville out.
West Branch = Would probably be an even game. I’d give the edge to WB
Carrollton = Evenly matched. I’d give the edge to Louisville
Minerva = they suck as usual.

Louisville probably goes 3-3 and alliance wins the league. It would be a perfect fit.

if the leps didnt get kicked out, do you still think they would have fallen this far or did it start to fall apart after we got booted?

if the leps didnt get kicked out, do you still think they would have fallen this far or did it start to fall apart after we got booted?
Every couple years Louisville would have a special talent through and a lot of the time they would overlap each other. They would have a supporting cast around them that was very solid. When is the last time you saw a leopard athlete come through that played football like the guys below? They don’t physically look the same.

Bobby Swigert
Neal Seaman
Hunter Potts
Chad Neff
Joey Duckworth
Jake Adams
Tyler Adams

The leopards record in the last several years might be a couple wins better, but it wouldn’t change the overall state of the program.

As someone who played against the Leopards in the late 60’s-early 70’s, along with watch them and the Panthers go at it in the Federal League, I remember how tough they were. Hopefully they get things turned around. I believe that football in the county is better when Louisville playing good football.

What league options have been explored for the Leopards?

(Besides the Fed which was heavily pushed by Gannett aka the Canton Suppository; you know those corporate media outlet employees who care so much about Louisville student athletes).

If they were still in NBC they would have a better record but would still be down for a traditional Louisville team. They would be middle of the pack in a sub-par league . As far as where they would be as a program , it is hard to say. Them not being in a league and having to
“play up” a division or so on a regular basis certainly doesn’t help the cause as there have to be numerous kids who are now electing not to play football due to the lack of success on the field and the additional safety risk of playing teams with more fresh bodies than you. I say this because Louisville still has competitive teams in most other sports . At this point I think they are too far gone to save. I still don’t understand why they fired Demarco to hire Tweeter or whatever his name was. That guy had a slew of issues and wasn’t qualified to lead a program with the tradition of the leopards. Kappas is the best imaginable hire they could make, if someone with his qualifications can’t turn it around maybe just maybe it can’t be done.

Last edited:
Perry Panthers at Louisville Leopards Live Video Stream Link for Tonight:

499DD5D9-48DE-41A1-B763-FA8923288462.jpeg
This is embarrassing. Cancel the program

Varsity: Perry 49, Louisville 6

Video Highlights, Game Story, Stats, and Full Game Broadcast:

Remember the 9 man football we were playing in LL a few years ago? Then the 10/10 we were playing the year after? Yeah those kids are what you see on the field now. Some of us warned of this and pushed for a change to the youth setup years ago and nobody did anything. The youth program is what’s killing us and the slow death started 5-6 years ago…it wasn’t overnight. Our kids should be running the same system starting in 7th grade just like every other successful program around. Just like the varsity program can’t hang on the jock straps of the 90’s and 2000’s the youth program can’t hang on the jockstrap of a once successful youth league. Word is Kappas is trying to change it, but I don’t look for it to be easy.

Firing Demarco after never having a losing season. (65-29 overall record). Making it to the playoff's multiple times, and winning coach of the year during his tenure. Who now is still having success elsewhere.

Firing the coach following Demarco for trying to change too much and going 5-5 in his first year (the best season we have had since).

Not letting any new coaches make necessary changes to the program from ground-up. Any minimal changes that are made are broadcasted through the town to receive backlash.

My favorite - The boosters love to ride on the success of the program from many years ago.
Just my two cents: Demarco had 1 playoff win in his tenure here. As long as he had the most athletes on the field he won. Even then a couple of NBC coaches figured out he never changed anything and out coached him. Discipline and motivation was nonexistent.
Troy had an 8-22 record. Enough said.
As far as riding the success of years past, it's called tradition. That helped propel the success of the program for many years. Until guess who came along.

Remember the 9 man football we were playing in LL a few years ago? Then the 10/10 we were playing the year after? Yeah those kids are what you see on the field now. Some of us warned of this and pushed for a change to the youth setup years ago and nobody did anything. The youth program is what’s killing us and the slow death started 5-6 years ago…it wasn’t overnight. Our kids should be running the same system starting in 7th grade just like every other successful program around. Just like the varsity program can’t hang on the jock straps of the 90’s and 2000’s the youth program can’t hang on the jockstrap of a once successful youth league. Word is Kappas is trying to change it, but I don’t look for it to be easy.
Louisville’s middle school teams don’t run the same stuff the HS does? Seems bizarre that they wouldn’t at least be running base concepts on each side of the ball

Louisville’s middle school teams don’t run the same stuff the HS does? Seems bizarre that they wouldn’t at least be running base concepts on each side of the ball
We don’t technically have middle school teams we have 4 teams made up of 7/8th graders with 4 separate coaches. All in house. In the last 5 years there have been times when those 7/8th graders were going 9 vs 9 just to “play”. You can’t run any real offense or defense with 9 kids, let alone even a watered down version of what the varsity runs. LL is its own entity, it’s not technically part of the school system, so the reality is they can do whatever they want and the varsity coach doesn’t really have any power over them. Changing over to a 7th and 8th grade team (like all other schools have, and all other sports do), would then give the varsity coach much more say on what they do, how they do it, and “who” is ultimately chosen to coach those kids.

He’s playing as many kids as much as he can to try and fix this problem. Bringing freshman up, and sending young varsity guys down. It’s not a lack of effort on his part.
I am not saying what he did was out of line...you have to find a way to get the kids have success....the only thing that I hear as a potential negative for the football program is the basketball situation....a school the size of Louisville has to have their best athletes play numerous sports not just one all year long

He’s playing as many kids as much as he can to try and fix this problem. Bringing freshman up, and sending young varsity guys down. It’s not a lack of effort on his part.
agreed, give him time and support and a chance to make the needed changes to the program and I think they start to see success again.

starts with getting a changing of the guard with the boosters and creating a junior high program and getting the daddy coaches back in the stands where they belong.

I would say also a levy to get passed to give your coaches a chance to get coaches in the building that may help the program.

The last year Demarco was the coach they beat Lake, Green, Mooney, and Ursuline and finished with a 6-4 record.
A bit misleading. The combined record of those 6 wins was 20-40. Green and Ursuline were both 1-9 that year, South Range and CCC were DV schools with losing records we should have beat, and DIV Mooney was 4-6. I’ll agree that beating a 6-4 Lake team at home was a good win, probably the only time he won a game as an underdog.