Louisville Leopards Football 2023

I don't see any more wins on their schedule outside of possibly Perry. I think they can compete against Glenoak and Steubenville. Competing and winning are two different things though!

It’s sad… the kids at Louisville will never play in a “big” football game. The past several graduating classes haven’t, the current ones won’t, and the next several won’t either. The Hoover rivalry isn’t a rivalry anymore. Lake isn’t a rivalry. The NBC opponents don’t mean anything now. The playoff games (if they make it) don’t mean anything, because they will be 5-5 in a good year with no chance of making it anywhere.
There were several great years where Louisville made deep runs, but even when they didn’t make a deep run, they were a top seed and conference champions. When they choked in the first round of the playoffs, at least they had they hope of making a run. They always played Hoover and Lake tough. You can throw the battles with Canfield in there as well. Those won’t happen anymore.
It’s embarrassing and you have to feel bad for them.

Give it time...The schedule is better next year, probs gonna see some underclassmen getting more time. The measure this year should be growth and improvement throughout the season. My prediction is they win the final 2 games of the season and have good showings against Green and Glenoak.

The success of the basketball program hasn't helped matters either. Louisville isn't big enough not too have those athletes not play football.

They will improve. That is all you can ask for this year. And yes, as long as they don't lose half of their starters over the next few weeks, they will win the last 2 games.

Folks... Lake fan here... I really like Louisville.... I'm sorry to hear what is happening. The program deserves better.

Be assured that you are good people... Keep your head up!

Best of luck.

Freshman Football:
Lake 22, Louisville 6, Halftime

Live Stream:

The success of the basketball program hasn't helped matters either. Louisville isn't big enough not too have those athletes not play football.
At this point, their only hope is for Siegfried to pull some strings and bring in an elite 6’3 guard to play basketball that is also an all world QB. And just hope that he is too good of an athlete to just shut it down and only play AAU.

Give it time...The schedule is better next year, probs gonna see some underclassmen getting more time. The measure this year should be growth and improvement throughout the season. My prediction is they win the final 2 games of the season and have good showings against Green and Glenoak.
“Give it some time” has been said since 2019

“Give it some time” has been said since 2019
We will continue to ride on the coat tails of the early 2000s teams. Its been almost 20 yrs since the state runner up team, the players now were not even old enough to remember that era but that's all anyone ever talks about. I believe in Kappas being a good coach, it just may take him a few years to turn things around (If they let him stay that long)!!

We will continue to ride on the coat tails of the early 2000s teams. Its been almost 20 yrs since the state runner up team, the players now were not even old enough to remember that era but that's all anyone ever talks about. I believe in Kappas being a good coach, it just may take him a few years to turn things around (If they let him stay that long)!!
At this point I think the 2000’s have beat into everyone’s heads. It’s time to stop beating that dead horse. It’s a great time in our programs history but it’s completely irrelevant with what we’re facing today being an independent.

Hopefully Kappas is around long enough to try to rebuild the program without all the outside influences and “boosters” looming over him. The schedule moving forward will help, still not ideal without a league but much more manageable. Somewhat like leaving the FED in the late 80’s

Hopefully we can start putting on show back on the field and just not on the video board and around the stadium.

I do think if Louisville wants to get back on track they need to start developing QB’s again. This was their strength for so long. Playing a STA transfer for 3 years in a row does not seem to be working.

At this point I think the 2000’s have beat into everyone’s heads. It’s time to stop beating that dead horse. It’s a great time in our programs history but it’s completely irrelevant with what we’re facing today being an independent.

Hopefully Kappas is around long enough to try to rebuild the program without all the outside influences and “boosters” looming over him. The schedule moving forward will help, still not ideal without a league but much more manageable. Somewhat like leaving the FED in the late 80’s

Hopefully we can start putting on show back on the field and just not on the video board and around the stadium.
What changed from the 2000s to now? They consistently competed with teams like Hoover and Lake. They had battles. People don’t expect them to make runs at state like they did a couple times, but there is a huge difference between what they were and now losing 42-0 to Lake at halftime. Lake isn’t even great this year. Neither is Hoover.
It wasn’t like Louisville had a run of 3 or 4 years of being good, they were consistently competitive for decades.

Varsity
Lake 49
Louisville 0

Blue Streaks 4-1, Leopards 1-4

Video Highlights, Full Game Broadcast, Stats, and Game Story:

Last Week

Varsity
North Canton Hoover 34
Louisville 10

Video Highlights, Full Game Broadcast, Stats, and Game Story:

Last edited:
Leopards going to lie down and rollover or put up a fight this week. I think it is time to get as many underclassmen in there and ready for next year. Lots of Seniors already packing it in so might as well let them sit on the bench.
Yep… this guy doesn’t mess around. You act like a baby and can’t take criticism for what you did wrong and practice like crap all week he’ll put someone else in. These kids weren’t born the last time this took place in Louisville football…they have no idea how to handle this. Hopefully they get sick of being bullied and collectively all their ball sacks drop and do something about it.

My Leopard friends,sometimes the answer to your problems are right under your nose. All you need is a GREAT coach that took Louisville to the state championship and was Stark Co. coach of the decade.I dont even know if he still works there or would be interested but if things dont work out with this guy I'd keep that in mind