Louisville Leopards Football 2023

Canfield 1's played for 2 series. Louisville seems to have a nice short passing game. The run game probably needs a little work. I thought the Leopards run defense was fairly good, no really long runs, which Canfield is always looking for. The one weakness I thought the Louisville D showed was the lack of a pass rush. The Canfield QB was really comfortable and had a lot of time to check to different receivers. From my perspective, Louisville looked better than Salem did against Canfield last week. One thing I will say is Louisville kids battle. Nice scrimmage and plenty of things to work on for both teams heading in to this last week before the season starts.

Tbf they are the defending D3 state Champs.
They had a group of 10-12 guys not dressed on their sidelines. Probably all of their returning studs from last year. If that is the case, it would be fair to say we played mostly their 2nd team guys and still couldn't manage to gain a 1st down.
I do hope those few that did not dress for us will be impact players and that we will be ready for New Philly. Our first 3 games look like the easiest.

They had a group of 10-12 guys not dressed on their sidelines. Probably all of their returning studs from last year. If that is the case, it would be fair to say we played mostly their 2nd team guys and still couldn't manage to gain a 1st down.
I do hope those few that did not dress for us will be impact players and that we will be ready for New Philly. Our first 3 games look like the easiest.
Everyone of consequence dressed for Canfield. Louisville played against their best.

Again, no Ramsey, Loy, Golden, Dougherty, Bricker one of the returning linemen sat. Too hard to tell where we’re at after last night. Those kids on the other side of the ball played and practiced for 6 extra weeks last year, it’s not a surprise they were sharper than us. 50% of what we sent out last night never played in a varsity game. They have another week to figure it out, and Philly isn’t Canfield. We didn’t put the ball on the ground and we didn’t commit a bunch of penalties. I’m staying the course and looking for 5 wins somewhere on our schedule.

Louisville Leopards Official Record Prediction.
New Philly- L
Zanesville - W
Northwest - W
Hoover - L
Lake - L
Perry - L
Green - L
Glenoak - W
South Range - L
Steubenville- L

3-7

New Philly- L
Zanesville - W
Northwest - W
Hoover - L
Lake - L
Perry - L
Green - L
Glenoak - W
South Range - L
Steubenville- L

3-7
Glenoak put it on Louisville last year by like 30 points… and return most of their guys. Hoover, green or Perry I think will be more winnable than that one. Although none will be easy by any means.

I think the Leopards have a good shot to upset New Phila this week. The Quakers offense is very poor, especially the O- line.

I heard he is seriously making a push for the starting QB spot. Not sure that’s a sign of good things to come for the Leps.
I'd watch for the Sophomore to push for playing time. Still developing as a passer, but with the ball in his hands he's a playmaker. Made the only TD play in last weeks scrimmage in the one play they put him in at QB

I'd watch for the Sophomore to push for playing time. Still developing as a passer, but with the ball in his hands he's a playmaker. Made the only TD play in last weeks scrimmage in the one play they put him in at QB
soph must be a good one then because the senior was slated to be Massillon’s starter his 10th grade year.

Never want to say week one is a must win, but this is really close for the Leopards. Pulling out a win @philly might just be the shot in the arm this program needs to have a respectable season. Building confidence is huge for a team in our position, and winning week one could lead to starting the season 3-0 for the first time in a long time. I’m still not sure what to expect on the field out of our guys, but the scouting report I’ve heard on Philly is that they are beatable. All the little things will likely determine the outcome b/c we’re not world beaters by any means, so turnovers, penalties, discipline on defense (aka not getting burned and solid tackling) will likely determine the winner of this one. Looking forward to Friday.

New Philly- L
Zanesville - W
Northwest - W
Hoover - L
Lake - L
Perry - L
Green - L
Glenoak - W
South Range - L
Steubenville- L

3-7
GO won 48-13 last yr and returns most the starters. Why do you think a W?

Glenoak sucks
Interesting analysis. So since Louisville lost by 35 last year and 42-0 the yr before for a combined score of 90-13 what does that make Louisville?
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Last edited:
Interesting analysis. So since Louisville lost by 35 last year and 42-0 the yr before for a combined score of 90-13 what does that make Louisville?
Frustrated World Cup GIF
That makes Louisville a sleeper team. The Leps have huge additions, in important roles, this year.
Won’t be the same type of team that you have seen over the last few years

That makes Louisville a sleeper team. The Leps have huge additions, in important roles, this year.
Won’t be the same type of team that you have seen over the last few years
I agree- Louisville will be much better, unfortunately they may still struggle to be a 500 team with their schedule.

Live Stream for Tonight's Northwest at Louisville Game:

Northwest 26, Louisville 14
Northwest 1-2, Louisville 1-2

Leopard Nation Video Highlights, Full Story, Game Stats, Full Straggat Media Game Broadcast, and Believeland Media Ground Level Video Highlights: