Louisville Leopards Football 2023

Who does Louisville got for a scrimmage game this year? Date and times for the game?
Should probably just stop up at the stadium and watch the glorified practice with officials tomorrow night. It’s going to be the best look we get at this year’s squad until our first game.

Should probably just stop up at the stadium and watch the glorified practice with officials tomorrow night. It’s going to be the best look we get at this year’s squad until our first game.

I thought Louisville scrimmaged Canfield? I would guess that’s gonna give you a pretty good look.

I thought Louisville scrimmaged Canfield? I would guess that’s gonna give you a pretty good look.
Not unless something has changed. Last I heard it was the blue/white and we’re going to EC Saturday morning for a couple hours with them. Probably why they’re not advertising much about it.
I’m going to try and stay positive about 2023, and everything I’m hearing about the coach is positive…but with 2 opportunities to prepare for game 1…you’ve just swung and missed twice.

Not unless something has changed. Last I heard it was the blue/white and we’re going to EC Saturday morning for a couple hours with them. Probably why they’re not advertising much about it.
I’m going to try and stay positive about 2023, and everything I’m hearing about the coach is positive…but with 2 opportunities to prepare for game 1…you’ve just swung and missed twice.

According to the athletics website they will be at Canfield next Thursday the 10th for scrimmage.

Haven't heard about the EC scrimmage, any idea what time?

According to the athletics website they will be at Canfield next Thursday the 10th for scrimmage.

Haven't heard about the EC scrimmage, any idea what time?
I’m not sure what time at EC. Something tells me the ball got dropped on Canfield, I hope not, but I think you only get 2 scrimmages now that they expanded the playoffs and blue/white counts as a scrimmage. My fingers are crossed that we do get to go up against Canfield, but that’s not what I heard.

You can do joint practices and it won’t count as a scrimmage. That’s probably what they’re doing for one of them

Can I ask what your positive outlook for wins for 2023 looks like to you? I don't see many "W" on the schedule but I do feel like we are going to surprise a team or two and come away with a WOW win this year!

What do you mean by practice? Voluntary workouts, maybe. No chance there are high school teams putting x and o’s in together in a full blown practice.
Literally practicing and going through drills together. Not a game plan or full go. You gotta be living under a rock to think that isn’t a thing lol

Not under a rock, just a school admin that knows this is extremely illegal.
It may be illegal but it absolutely happens all throughout the state. You think during 7 on 7s that the lineman arnt on the other side of the field working against each other as well?

It may be illegal but it absolutely happens all throughout the state. You think during 7 on 7s that the lineman arnt on the other side of the field working against each other as well?
I guess that was the point of confusion, they aren’t or acting together after August 1st then having more than two scrimmages.

Big difference there, I guess I just read it wrong with what you meant. Practices and workouts are very different

It's a common thing in football to want to hit someone new for a change. You line up across from the same dude every day, you get to know his game. Show him something he hasn't see and see how he reacts.

Can I ask what your positive outlook for wins for 2023 looks like to you? I don't see many "W" on the schedule but I do feel like we are going to surprise a team or two and come away with a WOW win this year!
For me it would be 4-5 wins and a shot at the playoffs in his first year. More than that it would be a team that goes out and competes every week, doesn’t turn the ball over 6 times (Poland) , or even 4 times (Hoover). Doesn’t get out coached on games you’re actually competing in like Perry and GO last year. Injuries will certainly be a huge factor this year, we do not have the depth and experience to sustain starters not being able to go on game day. I’m excited to see what this guy comes up with.

EC Saturday at 10, at Canfield on the 10th…meet the team or the blue game was not an organized scrimmage like it always was. Smart move +1 for coach Kappas. Kinda makes you wonder why we didn’t always do it this way.
Way too early evaluations of what I thought I saw…pleased with the QB situation, we should be fairly represented at that position. Looks like we’ll have a couple options at RB, and some nice WR’s. Right now we go as far as the o-line takes us on offense. If they don’t take us very far, good news is the punt game looks solid, and the most entertaining part was the fg kicking at the end. Couldn’t really tell much about the defense in those situations, probably have to wait until Canfield scrimmage. The event ran smooth, not a lot of confusion on the players part, ran plays quickly and kids didn’t look confused when exchanges were made…that’s a reflection of coaching.

Anyone go to the Canfield scrimmage? I was unable to attend, how'd we do?
General consensus would be that we didn’t look very good. My observation was, we didn’t have 4-5 kids that are difference makers, that didn’t even play. Looked like we sent #3 RB out with the “ones” shuffled around some linemen, no Loy or Ramsey on defense, it was hard to tell who was who sometimes using the practice jerseys. We did not go out and play a half with starters, not sure who went for Canfield but we were still trying to find out who is who and they looked like thy already knew who was who.

General consensus would be that we didn’t look very good. My observation was, we didn’t have 4-5 kids that are difference makers, that didn’t even play. Looked like we sent #3 RB out with the “ones” shuffled around some linemen, no Loy or Ramsey on defense, it was hard to tell who was who sometimes using the practice jerseys. We did not go out and play a half with starters, not sure who went for Canfield but we were still trying to find out who is who and they looked like thy already knew who was who.
Tbf they are the defending D3 state Champs.